Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » What is your view/opinion on...... (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: What is your view/opinion on......
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
street racing?
Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dont do it [Big Grin]
Posts: 22472 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by HaulinAssMaro:
dont do it [Big Grin]

hahah coming from one of the most known racers in san jose
slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you'll grow out of street racing, it was cool when your young but then you become wiser in the years.
deanh8
¯
Member # 6556

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for deanh8  Ford pictures for deanh8  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
streetracing is gay. only stupid people do it [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
'99 Regal GSX
'99 Regal GS
'91 Civic Hatch
'89 Mustang Notchback
www.BayAreaRacing.org

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Streetracing ruins it for everyone else.
Soon it will be outlawed modifying your cars at all.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
dont do it [Big Grin]

[patriot]

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When I was younger (16-20), I did it quite a bit. If I was at a red light at any intersection in America with a car next to me that was down, we were going to run them, no question.

As I got older (25 now, so not THAT old, lol) and responsibilities increased, you realize what the implications of getting caught for illegal street racing can be. Remember, your future employers will be very quick to judge when someone has offenses on their record, driving or otherwise. Not to mention the cost of the ticket, cost to get your car out of the impound lot (if they even let you), and the price hike of your insurance when you get labeled as a high risk motorist. Getting pulled over also gives them an opportunity to probe around your car looking for parts that shouldn't be there so they can hit you with other lame penalties (smog/tint/etc), not to mention all the drugs you carry javier ;-)

If I want to abuse my car, I take it to the track. Ya it can be a hassle, but the alternative can really F things up for me if I get caught racing, or worse hurt myself or someone else while doing it.

Also when I got older, I also realized I am not the only one on the road. I have a responsibility out there when people's wives, kids, etc are out on those public roads with me.

[ June 12, 2006, 01:05 PM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraracer46  Ford pictures for cobraracer46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Enjoying your car is one thing, but when you do it to the point that an innocent person may get killed then it is hard to imagine why any one would even think about street racing.

--------------------
2001 SVT cobra convertible with a Viper T56, Fikse wheels, Griggs frame kit, roll bar, Vortech, 4:30 gears, brembo GT brakes and more.

Posts: 1172 | From: Woodside California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  :
illwill510
¯
Member # 3788

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for illwill510  Ford pictures for illwill510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Does street racing decrease with the availibility of a race track within 1/2 an hour? Yes.
Do people who want to race want to spend the gas to drive 1-2 hours away? I feel streetracing should be legal if there isnt a track withing 30-45 min of your home.

Posts: 785 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArchersGT  Ford pictures for ArchersGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nothing wrong with some freeway runs. [patriot]

--------------------
86' LX Vert

89 FAKE SNAKE
¯
Member # 4531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 FAKE SNAKE  Ford pictures for 89 FAKE SNAKE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by illwill510:
Does street racing decrease with the availibility of a race track within 1/2 an hour? Yes.
Do people who want to race want to spend the gas to drive 1-2 hours away? I feel streetracing should be legal if there isnt a track withing 30-45 min of your home.

[Roll Eyes] so u mean to tell me if ur racing and hit my car and kill me its ok?..cmon bro..we all race and we know the risks..no where in hell should it be legal.

--------------------
90 COUPE
01 R1 (stock)
04 XR-50(stroked)
06 TT-R50E
SRA & PWA member

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
+1

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
When I was younger (16-20), I did it quite a bit. If I was at a red light at any intersection in America with a car next to me that was down, we were going to run them, no question.

As I got older (25 now, so not THAT old, lol) and responsibilities increased, you realize what the implications of getting caught for illegal street racing can be. Remember, your future employers will be very quick to judge when someone has offenses on their record, driving or otherwise. Not to mention the cost of the ticket, cost to get your car out of the impound lot (if they even let you), and the price hike of your insurance when you get labeled as a high risk motorist. Getting pulled over also gives them an opportunity to probe around your car looking for parts that shouldn't be there so they can hit you with other lame penalties (smog/tint/etc), not to mention all the drugs you carry javier ;-)

If I want to abuse my car, I take it to the track. Ya it can be a hassle, but the alternative can really F things up for me if I get caught racing, or worse hurt myself or someone else while doing it.

Also when I got older, I also realized I am not the only one on the road. I have a responsibility out there when people's wives, kids, etc are out on those public roads with me.

i feel the same way.

soo [Whoo Whooooo!] for u

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ArchNotch:

Except they are about as gay as pedaling your bike to work day.The topic is about streetracing, which if done in a safe fashion DOES NOT put anyones life at risk except for the 2 partys involved.Freeway racing puts MANY peoples lfe at risk and is FAR from safe,and thats what gives streetracing a bad name,its NOT streetracing,nor is sideshows.
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hmmm lets see. Run around looking for a spot to street race. Run from the cops. Hang out with a bunch of punk ass gay biatches like Parker and Al. Get your license plate on film then get your car racing on film and have the video spammed on the net. Somebody lost because of this somebody lost because of that. Lame excuses everywhere. Oh wait here come the cops lets all run. Its cold. Street hooks like shit. Slow cars racing everywhere. Gotta wait for the pedestrians to clear out of the way. Stupid punks can't drive. Here come the cops again. Now I'm worried about getting a ticket or car impounded. Run away again and hide in the bushes. Call everyone up for a new meeting spot. Go there. See a few slow cars race. whoopdie fkin do! Cops again. Call it a night and go home.

I love streetracing!

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

quote:
quote:

Except they are about as gay as pedaling your bike to work day.The topic is about streetracing, which if done in a safe fashion DOES NOT put anyones life at risk except for the 2 partys involved.Freeway racing puts MANY peoples lfe at risk and is FAR from safe,and thats what gives streetracing a bad name,its NOT streetracing,nor is sideshows.
+1

and when stupids kids take out their moms mini vans and drive at a high rate of speed in a residential neighborhood and crash and most likely die, police and the news reporters blame it on street racing and say they were "racing" another car.

91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91Trunkster  Ford pictures for 91Trunkster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Way back in the day I use to frequent the Milpitas races, I even took my 1993 Cobra out there once or twice, it was fun but I would never ever do that again. Most of these "young kids" on here think it's the cool thing to do and it is at their age, eventually they will grow out of it. It's been like this since the early days of street racing. Priorities in life change with age. If someone pulls up to me at a light I'll jump on them and I'll even mess with a few select cars myself, but I will never attend any of these midnight street races.

People grow up and soon these kids will grow up and be the ones that are telling the next group of kids the same thing.

I am against it, the gathering of groups and the likes even though I did it when I was younger, it's just not worth it.

Take it to the damn track!

quote:

I feel streetracing should be legal if there isnt a track withing 30-45 min of your home.
quote:

Where and the hell did you come up with this logic?

--------------------
Yellow94GT never touched anyone's sig or banned anyone, so I'm going to quit spreading that rumor. It's not like I have any proof anyways. All yellow94gt and other mods have done is volunteer their time to help other people buy/sell parts, learn how to make their cars go faster and meet fellow enthusiasts. I'm a hater, but it's hard to hate on these facts. I have saved hunrdeds, maybe thousands of dollars here buying and selling parts over the years alone, but I don't care, this website owes me damnit, and I'll piss on it as much as I want. Us haters gonna hate. Why contribute to something when you can take for free?
I act like I'm@Age15
I make friends on the internet that are@Age18
I was picked on in my youth so I became a bully@Age24
My mouth started to run 24/7 on the internet, but my car never at the track@Age26
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31
My internet friends and I ALL just got the boot for good!@Age31
Yes, you read it right, 31 and just as childish as my fresh out of highschool internet friends@31
Oh yeah, this isn't my website, so no one has to ask for my permission to change my sig. Hell, not like I pay the CAFORDS bill, so why should they need my permission to put what they want on their site? We're all guests here. Maybe some of us should start acting like guests or leave?

(510)375-1589

91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91Trunkster  Ford pictures for 91Trunkster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by two-gun kid:
quote:
quote:

+1

and when stupids kids take out their moms mini vans and drive at a high rate of speed in a residential neighborhood and crash and most likely die, police and the news reporters blame it on street racing and say they were "racing" another car.

What is your point? Does this make it OK to street race in your Mustang since it's not Mom's Minivan? And it's the news reporters fault now, place blame where it is deserved, your comment makes absolutley no sense.

--------------------
Yellow94GT never touched anyone's sig or banned anyone, so I'm going to quit spreading that rumor. It's not like I have any proof anyways. All yellow94gt and other mods have done is volunteer their time to help other people buy/sell parts, learn how to make their cars go faster and meet fellow enthusiasts. I'm a hater, but it's hard to hate on these facts. I have saved hunrdeds, maybe thousands of dollars here buying and selling parts over the years alone, but I don't care, this website owes me damnit, and I'll piss on it as much as I want. Us haters gonna hate. Why contribute to something when you can take for free?
I act like I'm@Age15
I make friends on the internet that are@Age18
I was picked on in my youth so I became a bully@Age24
My mouth started to run 24/7 on the internet, but my car never at the track@Age26
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31
My internet friends and I ALL just got the boot for good!@Age31
Yes, you read it right, 31 and just as childish as my fresh out of highschool internet friends@31
Oh yeah, this isn't my website, so no one has to ask for my permission to change my sig. Hell, not like I pay the CAFORDS bill, so why should they need my permission to put what they want on their site? We're all guests here. Maybe some of us should start acting like guests or leave?

(510)375-1589

87GeeTee
¯
Member # 5905

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87GeeTee  Ford pictures for 87GeeTee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Streetracing is gay. I've done it a few times; but I'd still keep it at the track.

--------------------
Member #: 5145
PWA Owner & SRA Member
Two-Gun Motorsports

2002 GT; Gone But Not Forgotten
1987 GT Vert (Sold!)

Posts: 4278 | From: San Pablo | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

quote:
Originally posted by 91Trunkster:
quote:
quote:
quote:

+1

What is your point? Does this make it OK to street race in your Mustang since it's not Mom's Minivan? And it's the news reporters fault now, place blame where it is deserved, your comment makes absolutley no sense.
im just saying its stupids kids that crash and everyone is quick to blame it on streetracing. its basicly like the scape goat when some idiot crashes.
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think taking it to the track is 10 times safer than street racing for spectators, racer's, and the general public and it is an even playing field where all the excuses are left behind and the time slip show's with no doubt what REALLY happene's. If You left early or late it will show, if You miss a shift,get a bad start, or hit the rev limiter You can back Yourself up on the next run and prove that Your car has more left in it. Too many people will make up stories instead of admitting defeat in a street race.

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

quote:
Originally posted by 91Trunkster:
quote:
quote:
quote:

+1

I know what he meant to say,I just dont think he said it right

Streetracing is Streetracing yes.But there 2 different ways IMO.

The drive around all night having cops chase you every where and there is the 500+ cars and 5000+ people.Dumbasses are racing while MORE DUMBASSES line the streets,and it usually breals out into a bust or some dumbass who wants to swang.......ya know the stuff Parker likes to go to [Wink] AND NO THATS NOT KEWL AT ALL and I agree is very unsafe

Then you have the MEDIA Streetracing,NOT STREETRACING AT ALL.

Scenario:
A punkass wannabe 17 yearold is going 70 in a residential neighberhood driving eratically,lets call it 'MOMS MINIVAN'.Hes impressing the other 10 punks in his car and guess what,loses control killing himself all his passengers and some innocent bystanders meanwhile ending up in someones living room,again NOT STREETRACING and NOT KEWL AT ALL,but media loves this shit,they cant get enough of it

Now there is the "as safe as it can get streetracing"

Scenario:
2 Cars
2 Drivers
Secluded Road in BFE
No IDIOTS in front of you lining the streets
Noone is sight and hasnt been for hours
AGAIN 2 racers (and the only ones at risk which is the chance you take)
To me thats streetracing.Maybe its the age thing kicking in or the fact that im not an idiot and use common sense............Anyhow you either like it or you dont

But the way its labeled today then NO DONT DO IT [patriot]

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Scenario:
2 Cars
2 Drivers
Secluded Road in BFE

question, where in the bay are are you finding roads that have no traffic for hours at a time? I am sure they exist, but I have yet to find anything like that.

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
quote:

Scenario:
2 Cars
2 Drivers
Secluded Road in BFE

question, where in the bay are are you finding roads that have no traffic for hours at a time? I am sure they exist, but I have yet to find anything like that.
who mentioned anything about the bay area [Wink]

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com