Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Al- zarqawi Killed (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Al- zarqawi Killed
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by n8y8:
Also dont forget, their culture/religion is deeply rooted in the martyr belief. So to die fighting for what he believed in is actually celebrated. And many over there would love to take his place and do the same things with the same ending. So it is indeed a no win struggle as far as that goes

Wrong. He woulda been viewed as a Martyr if he committed suicide. That's exactly what he would have done if we went in and attempted to detain him.
Two 500lb bombs wasn't enough. Only half the block was demolished. [Wink]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
In my opinion, I could care less if this is Bush's ploy or whatever. It's a confirmed kill? Good. The man is dead and we don't need his presence. Now bring his dead body here so I can throw my piss n sh*t at him. And where is Bin Ladin's head on a stick????

I feel sorry for the man who's son was beheaded. I don't think anybody knows how he feels. But I feel no remorse for terrorist turds who take the lives of such innocent people in a cowardly fashion.

--------------------
94 GT

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Actually this is the definition of a martyr:

"One who chooses to suffer death rather than renounce religious principles."

That pretty much sums up him and all those extremist Al Queda dudes tho.

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Actually this is the definition of a martyr:

"One who chooses to suffer death rather than renounce religious principles."

That pretty much sums up him and all those extremist Al Queda dudes tho.

[patriot]

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
NonOpSlow2V
¯
Member # 6111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NonOpSlow2V  Ford pictures for NonOpSlow2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[patriot] [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
1997 Autumn Orange GT vert
1996 Mystic Cobra
2005 95ci Harley Road King
2011 F150 Raptor

Posts: 2139 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FoRdGiRl:
quote:
Honestly I kinda feel like this dude does about it. This is a quote from one of the victims relatives.

quote:
"Michael Berg, whose son Nick was beheaded in Iraq in 2004, had a different reaction to the news that al-Zarqawi had been killed in an air strike, saying he felt “no sense of relief, just sadness that another human being had to die.”

“As the poet John Donne said, any man’s death diminishes me. It doesn’t bring my son back, and this will just bring a new cycle of revenge killings,” Michael Berg said."

But its easy to have my stance when it isnt my relative. But I think of things this way. Now we will back to a level red terror alert. And I thought Osama was the number fugitive right now?
GOOD POINT AND I THOUGHT ABOUT THAT AFTER I POSTED GOOD LAST NIGHT THAT REALLY ITS NOT GOOD ANOTHER PERSON HAS DIED AND THINK OF ALL THE INNOCENT PEOPLE OR PEOPLE WHO SHOULD HAVE TO BE DEALING W THAT BUT AS MUCH AS I DONT LIKE TO PRAISE DEATH AND STUFF ITS LIKE ID RATHER HAVE PEOPLE LIKE HIM GONE THEN A SOLDIER OF OURS JUST DOING HIS JOB OR LIL KIDS OR INNOCENT FAMILIES OVER THEIR HAVING TO JUST TRY AND GET BY AND STAY ALIVE I WOULD DEFINITLY LIKE TO SEE MORE OF THE BAD PEOPLE GO IN HOPES THAT MAYBE THIS WILL END SOON OR NO MORE PEOPLE HAVE TO DIE BUT ITS PART OF LIFE ONCE THIS DOES END OR IS OVER ANOTHER ONE WILL START UP SOME WHERE ELSE NOT TO ADD ALL THE STUFF GOING ON ALL OVER THE WORLD BUT GLAD U POSTED THAT FOR ANOTHER POV ON THE SITAUTION AND ANOTHER LOOK AT THE BIGGER PICTURE [patriot]
This is tight:

-

Posts: 22472 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra5.0Jeep:
quote:
Originally posted by 306Coupe:
Father's of man beheaded by Al Zarqawi reaction http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/06/08/berg.interview/index.html

I'm sorry but calling someone who beheads people for fun or for his policial views a human is the craziest thing i have ever heard.
WELL BUSH IS CLOSE AND A BUNCH OF PEOPLE THINK HES A GREAT PERSON-HUMAN THATS WHY THE VOTED FOR THE IDIOT AND CONTINUE TO SUPPORT HIM SOOO...
[Roll Eyes]
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Father's of man beheaded by Al Zarqawi reaction http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/06/08/berg.interview/index.html

I'm sorry but calling someone who beheads people for fun or for his policial views a human is the craziest thing i have ever heard.
WELL BUSH IS CLOSE AND A BUNCH OF PEOPLE THINK HES A GREAT PERSON-HUMAN THATS WHY THE VOTED FOR THE IDIOT AND CONTINUE TO SUPPORT HIM SOOO...
Bush doesn't behead people with a knife while they are still alive begging for their life....So comparing the two is like apples and carrots. I really hope you see the difference there. [Eek!]
I DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT
ANYTHING
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:
I am glad the worthless pice of shit is dead. They Kill inocent people because of there religous beliefs [Confused] wtf. If you can stand there and cut a persons head off for no reson other than you don't like them ,am I suposed to feel bad when he gets killed? I don't feel bad for killers in America when they get the death penalty either. There are to many good people out there to feel sorry for then to waste a breath feeling sorry for a terrorist who Kills inocent Moms and kids(twin towers) to push a religous agenda. My response has nothing to do with Bush or the war just how I feel. I hope binladen is next.
[patriot]

[patriot]
Stevo
¯
Member # 972

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stevo  Ford pictures for Stevo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Maybe he's still in one piece because it wasn't a direct hit..... hmmm Think about it.
Posts: 1072 | From: Conroe, TX | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
iron281
¯
Member # 80

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iron281  Ford pictures for iron281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's one less murderous Islamo-nazi orc. This is big. A BIG Oorah and Hooah to the U.S. forces.

-

Here's the delivery of Hell in two 500 lb. packages to the killer orc and his fellow freaks:

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=20960_Candygram_for_Zarqawi&only

Posts: 385 | From: San Jose, California | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
FoRdGiRl
¯
Member # 6279

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoRdGiRl  Ford pictures for FoRdGiRl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by HaulinAssMaro:
quote:
quote:
Honestly I kinda feel like this dude does about it. This is a quote from one of the victims relatives.

quote:
"Michael Berg, whose son Nick was beheaded in Iraq in 2004, had a different reaction to the news that al-Zarqawi had been killed in an air strike, saying he felt “no sense of relief, just sadness that another human being had to die.”

“As the poet John Donne said, any man’s death diminishes me. It doesn’t bring my son back, and this will just bring a new cycle of revenge killings,” Michael Berg said."

But its easy to have my stance when it isnt my relative. But I think of things this way. Now we will back to a level red terror alert. And I thought Osama was the number fugitive right now?
GOOD POINT AND I THOUGHT ABOUT THAT AFTER I POSTED GOOD LAST NIGHT THAT REALLY ITS NOT GOOD ANOTHER PERSON HAS DIED AND THINK OF ALL THE INNOCENT PEOPLE OR PEOPLE WHO SHOULD HAVE TO BE DEALING W THAT BUT AS MUCH AS I DONT LIKE TO PRAISE DEATH AND STUFF ITS LIKE ID RATHER HAVE PEOPLE LIKE HIM GONE THEN A SOLDIER OF OURS JUST DOING HIS JOB OR LIL KIDS OR INNOCENT FAMILIES OVER THEIR HAVING TO JUST TRY AND GET BY AND STAY ALIVE I WOULD DEFINITLY LIKE TO SEE MORE OF THE BAD PEOPLE GO IN HOPES THAT MAYBE THIS WILL END SOON OR NO MORE PEOPLE HAVE TO DIE BUT ITS PART OF LIFE ONCE THIS DOES END OR IS OVER ANOTHER ONE WILL START UP SOME WHERE ELSE NOT TO ADD ALL THE STUFF GOING ON ALL OVER THE WORLD BUT GLAD U POSTED THAT FOR ANOTHER POV ON THE SITAUTION AND ANOTHER LOOK AT THE BIGGER PICTURE [patriot]
This is tight:

-

i was in the mid of working and love to piss people like you off [Big Grin]

--------------------
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

FoRdGiRl
¯
Member # 6279

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoRdGiRl  Ford pictures for FoRdGiRl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by HaulinAssMaro:
quote:
quote:
quote:

[Roll Eyes]
thats the great thing about america FREEDOM OF SPEECH and were allowed to have opinions which we dont always have to agree on [Big Grin]

--------------------
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What alot of people fail to remember is that terrorists and extremists like him would kill you for just being an american.

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Motorhead6T5
¯
Member # 4969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Motorhead6T5  Ford pictures for Motorhead6T5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is the same guy that pulled Iraq kids off a bus and killed them cause they were a different tribe or whatever they go by over there.

--------------------
65 Fastback
72 Malibu

t top freak
¯
Member # 6269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for t top freak  Ford pictures for t top freak  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
fuck this guy im glad hes dead. let someone step up in his place...and let that person share the same fate.

--------------------
1994 cobra - sold!
1986 t top gt - parted out and sold!
on the hunt for another

Posts: 1023 | From: sacramento | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306Coupe  Ford pictures for 306Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by DLo:
In my opinion, I could care less if this is Bush's ploy or whatever. It's a confirmed kill? Good. The man is dead and we don't need his presence. Now bring his dead body here so I can throw my piss n sh*t at him. And where is Bin Ladin's head on a stick????

I think Bin is dead. There were alot of rumors back in 2001 about him dying, plus he hasn't shown his face in years.

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:
I am glad the worthless pice of shit is dead. They Kill inocent people because of there religous beliefs [Confused] wtf. If you can stand there and cut a persons head off for no reson other than you don't like them ,am I suposed to feel bad when he gets killed? I don't feel bad for killers in America when they get the death penalty either. There are to many good people out there to feel sorry for then to waste a breath feeling sorry for a terrorist who Kills inocent Moms and kids(twin towers) to push a religous agenda. My response has nothing to do with Bush or the war just how I feel. I hope binladen is next.
[patriot]

[worship]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
fuck all these mutha fuckas that want to kill inocent people and any fuck whos not down with the U.S.A. [patriot]

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Stevo:
Maybe he's still in one piece because it wasn't a direct hit..... hmmm Think about it.

LOL did you see the videos? It was a direct hit on on the house he was in. It turned the house into rubble you wouldn't know anything was there once if not for the bricks and wood

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Stevo
¯
Member # 972

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stevo  Ford pictures for Stevo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yea, I posted this before I had seen the video. Who knows how he died. It will be a mystery where he was actually when the bombs hit.
Posts: 1072 | From: Conroe, TX | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Maybe he was running like a little bitch outside his house or something because he got a tip it was going to happen but it was too late and BOOM he was blown 4 blocks down the road killed by the concussion

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Motorhead6T5
¯
Member # 4969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Motorhead6T5  Ford pictures for Motorhead6T5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Apparently what you see in the pic is pretty much all that is left of him. Lower torso gone bye bye.

--------------------
65 Fastback
72 Malibu

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Abu Musab al-Zarqawi initially survived the explosion of two 500-pound (227 kg) bombs and tried to escape when U.S. troops reached the mortally wounded leader of al Qaeda in
Iraq, the U.S. military said on Friday.

The account of Zarqawi's death offered by Army Maj. Gen. William Caldwell differed in several details, including Zarqawi's initial survival, from one presented by the U.S. military a day earlier. Zarqawi and five others were killed on Wednesday after an F-16C bombed them in a house near the town of Baquba, north of Baghdad, the military said.

"Zarqawi, in fact, did survive the air strike," Caldwell, the top U.S. military spokesman in Iraq, told reporters at the
Pentagon by teleconference. He said Zarqawi mumbled unintelligibly before he died.

"The first people on the scene were the Iraqi police," Caldwell added. "They had found him and put him into some kind of gurney, stretcher kind of thing, and then American coalition forces arrived immediately thereafter on-site."

"They immediately went to the person in the stretcher (and) were able to start identifying by some distinguishing marks on his body. They had some kind of visual, facial recognition," he said.

"Zarqawi attempted to, sort of, turn away off the stretcher. Everybody re-secured him back onto the stretcher, but he died almost immediately thereafter from the wounds he'd received from this air strike," Caldwell said.

He told Fox News Channel Zarqawi "attempted to roll off the stretcher, as I am told, and get away, realizing it was U.S. military."

Zarqawi "mumbled a little something but it was indistinguishable and it was very short," he told the Pentagon briefing.

Troops at the site tried to give medical treatment to Zarqawi before he died, Caldwell said, citing a U.S. military report, but he said he could not estimate how long Zarqawi was alive after the raid.

There were no indications in the report that Zarqawi had been shot, he said.

'CLEAN HIM UP'

U.S. forces cleaned up a bloody Zarqawi before taking the pictures that were shown to the world, Caldwell said.

"His face was very, very bloodied. And we made a conscious decision that if we were going to take photographs of him and make them available publicly, like we did in the press conference, that we were going clean him up," Caldwell said.

The pictures were not digitally enhanced, he said.

On why his account differed from Thursday's one in Baghdad, Caldwell said, "As with any operation that ever occurs, first reports are never 100 percent correct, and we do continue to follow up to make sure we have established exactly what the facts were on the ground."

He said only two of the six killed in the raid have been positively identified: Zarqawi and his spiritual adviser Sheikh Abdul-Rahman. Caldwell said "three males and three females -- no children" were killed. The military said on Thursday one child had died.

Caldwell said he tried to learn how Zarqawi could have survived the huge bomb blasts. "And we do not know -- and I've looked through the report -- as to whether or not it was because he might have been right outside (the house) or whatever."

About 25 people were detained and one killed in 17 raids conducted after Zarqawi's death, he said.

One F-16 delivered both bombs even though two planes were assigned the mission because the second was engaged in aerial refueling when the attack order was given, Caldwell said.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

sharkattack
¯
Member # 645

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sharkattack  Ford pictures for sharkattack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

--------------------
1965 Fastback

03 Cobra with some stuff

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com