Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » UFC 60 (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: UFC 60
SVTGhoust
¯
Member # 20

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVTGhoust  Ford pictures for SVTGhoust    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
royce is a legend. But age catches up with you when you least expect it.

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500 / 2020 Shelby GT500

Posts: 962 | From: Brentwood, CA 94513 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
check youtube.com for fight clips. search ufc 60. im sure by tonight the fights will be filtered out due to copyright infringement. usually happens a day or so after users upload files.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

Chris C.
¯
Member # 1949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris C.  Ford pictures for Chris C.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just looked on youtube, all the gracie vs. hughes fighs have been taken off, but the other fights are still up there.
Posts: 636 | From: San Jose, Ca | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here is a great website that has all the UFC 60 fight.

Click Here

[patriot]

Posts: 2077 | From: San Francisco, California | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Lilghoust:
royce is a legend. But age catches up with you when you least expect it.

i really don't think it has much to do with age. He's only 39. that's not THAT OLD. I believed that it is mostly his skills.he's been out of the sport for too long.. the people saying that he's been fighting in japan are not taking into consideration that his fights haven't been against challenging opponents and have been, in reality, very few fights. I love Gracie and his heritage, but he's outdated. nowadays fighters have to be multidimensional and dominate several styles of fighting not just one. Jujitsu alone will not get Gracie far in this newly evolved sport. All someone would have to do is avoid his takes downs and Royce would be out of his game. If you saw his stand up game during the fight it was unconvincing. His kicks were poorly executed and there didn't seem to have much behind them. jab, wasn't all that great. It will take him a long time to get to the level of some of the not so stellar fighters of the UFC.
He should have never taken this fight. I hope the money was worth it and really hope he doesn't fight again unless he really works on the other aspects of his game.

--------------------
=(

AaronC
¯
Member # 86

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AaronC  Ford pictures for AaronC    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I really don't think it was his lack of all around game that lost him this fight. He was flat out dominated on the ground which is his strength. I think fighting without the gi (robe)really hurt him. He's used to these big strong guys not having much to grab onto or getting a good grip on him. Hughes had a very good grip on him and Gracie made some mistakes and was punished.

Oh well, it's MMA and every fighter has his day. All of them have looked horrible at one time or another. Fedor Emelianenko will get his one day and people will talk. But in my mind how he's gone this long without losing and fighting the guys he has is unreal.

--------------------
1991 GT Convertible: Stock 157k mile shortblock, HiTech cam, AFR 165 heads, Edelbrock RPM intake, 1 3/4 headers

12.23 at 112.99
Best MPH 113.97

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Venomized93:
Here is a great website that has all the UFC 60 fight.

Click Here

[patriot]

Thanks....All the fights with no commercials....

.....Gracie went out like a chump!....Matt is awesome....I've always like Matt and I was hoping he'd win...I've never liked Royce Gracie becuase he wins his fights on the ground after taking forever and to me there's nothing like a knock out...But, I do have respect for those boring fights, I mean Gracie does win them, but not THIS time...

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Migs
¯
Member # 5439

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Migs  Ford pictures for Migs  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
MATT vs, Hoyler is the fight im waiting for [worship]

--------------------
R.I.P SilverLX! You are missed bro.

Posts: 348 | From: Healdsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
Glenn
¯
Member # 520

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn  Ford pictures for Glenn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by AaronC:
But in my mind how he's gone this long without losing and fighting the guys he has is unreal.

Are you talking about gracie? He has lost before, just not in the UFC. But just saw the fight, and I think Hughes was just too strong for him.

--------------------
S-Trim,331,H/C/I
"JohnB groupie train"
My Car
DragGuam

Posts: 2009 | From: Stationed on a Pacific Island, Guam | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
AaronC
¯
Member # 86

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AaronC  Ford pictures for AaronC    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Glenn:

Are you talking about gracie? He has lost before, just not in the UFC. But just saw the fight, and I think Hughes was just too strong for him. [/QUOTE]

I was talking about Fedor Emelianenko. He's fought all the top dogs in the world and is yet to lose. But one day he will get his like everyone else. I know Gracie has lost some fights in Pride (Yoshida, Sakuraba that I can think of). Matt was definitely too strong for him but he has fought guys that are stronger than Matt but he had the Gi (robe) on. I really think the gi helps him and without it he's like a fish out of water as he can't neutralize the strength differences. Yoshida, in Pride wears the Gi and is very good at using it and should be a factor in the OWGP.

--------------------
1991 GT Convertible: Stock 157k mile shortblock, HiTech cam, AFR 165 heads, Edelbrock RPM intake, 1 3/4 headers

12.23 at 112.99
Best MPH 113.97

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com