Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » New Numbers are in... broke the 500rw mark

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: New Numbers are in... broke the 500rw mark
AJBlackGT
¯
Member # 3936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AJBlackGT  Ford pictures for AJBlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
First off I want to say thanks to Shaun for the tune and spending the time to dial the car in. He made a total of 13 pulls. The first 12 had air intake temps of 200+ degrees. So after a cool down he made one last pull and we were rewarded with this:
 - [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Now that the tune is safe I plan to hit the track and see if this thing will get into the 10s...

[ May 21, 2006, 07:42 PM: Message edited by: AJBlackGT ]

--------------------
90 Notch

Posts: 1896 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
onesicklx
¯
Member # 285

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for onesicklx  Ford pictures for onesicklx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
whats your setup? how much psi did you c on the dyno? what pulleys you runing?

nice numbers... [worship]

Posts: 1955 | From: san jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
AJBlackGT
¯
Member # 3936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AJBlackGT  Ford pictures for AJBlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Small AFR 165s, afm b31 cam, performer rpm intake.
Dont know what kind of boost it made, I wasn't in the car watching. Its got a 6.87 lower pulley and a 2.95 blower pulley. Makes 300ft/lbs of torque by 2500rpm [burnout]

--------------------
90 Notch

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It was a bit of a challange working out those bugs....but in the end it seems to have worked out & I'm glad you're happy with the tune.

Good luck shooting for 10's, keep us informed on the results! [patriot]

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ May 21, 2006, 01:50 PM: Message edited by: Yellow94GT ]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well it deffinately has the power to go 10's! [worship]

[burnout]

--------------------
AED

RixSikCobra
¯
Member # 5058

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RixSikCobra  Ford pictures for RixSikCobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Awesome, bro. Shaun hooked you up [patriot]

--------------------
2004 Terminator
Torch Red Vert
Built,Ported,Cammed,Juiced

Posts: 2120 | From: Pleasanton | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
AJBlackGT
¯
Member # 3936

quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
Well it deffinately has the power to go 10's! [worship]

[burnout]

Yep, gotta work on the driving [Big Grin]

--------------------
90 Notch

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow that is sick.

If you don't mind what were some of the "bugs" encounted while dialing in the setup?

165s making 500rwhp is wicked! How big was your throttle body? Were you using methanol injection?

[Confused]

AJBlackGT
¯
Member # 3936

quote:
Originally posted by 88DroptopGT:
Wow that is sick.

If you don't mind what were some of the "bugs" encounted while dialing in the setup?

165s making 500rwhp is wicked! How big was your throttle body? Were you using methanol injection?

[Confused]

70mm t/b, no meth injection.
Started the initial tune with 40psi base fuel pressure and maxed out the injectors at only ~ 420hp. Shaun then bumped the base fuel pressure up to 60 psi and had to start all over again with the fuel maps. What I really like is the torque numbers the heads are putting out. Its damn near close to 500rwtq, pretty good for a 306 and a cantrifigual blower.

--------------------
90 Notch

onesicklx
¯
Member # 285

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for onesicklx  Ford pictures for onesicklx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how much more do you guys think it would of made with afr 185?
Posts: 1955 | From: san jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by onesicklx:
how much more do you guys think it would of made with afr 185?

I'm guessing it would gain a little power and lose just as much torque.

--------------------
AED

F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What are your plans to knock those IATs down? You'll leave a lot on the table with 170+ IATs.

Comgrats on the great numbers [Smile]

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
congrats bro and welcom to the 500rw FAMILY [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
AJBlackGT
¯
Member # 3936

quote:
Originally posted by F8LPONY:
What are your plans to knock those IATs down? You'll leave a lot on the table with 170+ IATs.

Comgrats on the great numbers [Smile]

Meth kit eventually once i have the money. For now I will ice the shit out of the intake at the track [Big Grin]
I agree with yellow94gt about the 185s. It maybe would have made 20 more rwhp but lost 30 ft/lbs.

--------------------
90 Notch

BlackDrop50
¯
Member # 1715

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackDrop50  Ford pictures for BlackDrop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn good numbers drew [Eek!]

Were you driving on 880 today? Thought I saw you

Got draglites now?

Posts: 1379 | From: 510 East Bay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
AJBlackGT
¯
Member # 3936

quote:
Originally posted by BlackDrop50:
Damn good numbers drew [Eek!]

Were you driving on 880 today? Thought I saw you

Got draglites now?

Yep I was on 880, and yep I do have draglites now [Whoo Whooooo!]
I saw your old hatch at the dyno shop. Sorry to hear about the bad circumstances. [Frown]

--------------------
90 Notch

F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by AJBlackGT:
Meth kit eventually once i have the money. For now I will ice the shit out of the intake at the track [Big Grin]
I agree with yellow94gt about the 185s. It maybe would have made 20 more rwhp but lost 30 ft/lbs.

Very cool. Meth is great once you get it tuned right. it allowed me to run 14psi and a ton of timing and hit around 550rwhp. Great stuff. [Smile] Keep us posted on the times and new #s when you get em.

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
AJBlackGT
¯
Member # 3936

quote:
Originally posted by F8LPONY:
quote:
Originally posted by AJBlackGT:

Very cool. Meth is great once you get it tuned right. it allowed me to run 14psi and a ton of timing and hit around 550rwhp. Great stuff. [Smile] Keep us posted on the times and new #s when you get em.
The motor only has 8:1 compression, so I still have 20 degrees of total timing in it, even with the flaming hot iat.

--------------------
90 Notch

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com