Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » pics of my fox at bodyshop for paint*update: pics page 2 (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: pics of my fox at bodyshop for paint*update: pics page 2
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
this car originally came from a buddy of mine and was given to me by him after it was nearly stolen and stripped on the spot left sitting on its rotors...freakin crooks around lake merced. prior to this, the car was involved in a minor rear end accident, which luckily didnt result in frame damage but to say the least, the car has lived a rough few weeks when my buddy owned it.

anyhow, the car sat for nearly 8months in front of my house until i finally decided to take her in for new paint. recent rains and having a car cover on the car constantly left some good surface rust around the cowl and roof, both of which were taken car of by the bodyshop.
here's is a list of what was done by the shop
-shaved antenna, door locks
-complete paint job including jambs, hatch, cervinis cobra kit and 1.5" cowl hood
-all body prep, also removing all dings and fixed front sagging bumper below the fog lights.
-rear damage fixed as well, which included replacing the damaged rear sheet metal behind the tailights.

here are the before shots as it sat in front of my house
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

[ May 20, 2006, 05:36 PM: Message edited by: venomous99 ]

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
and the in progress shots. the car should be done by end of this week or early next week. renewed black trim and quarter windows need to be installed and the rest of the wet sanded paint polished up. im pretty happy with the results so far....new wheels are waiting to be installed when i get the car back.
 -
 -
 -

-
 -

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow it's came along way Alex [worship] [worship] [worship] . You wouldn't beleive if I told you but my first mustang looked exactly like yours all white with a cobra cobdy kit. It looks great. I love fresh white paintjobs [worship]

What wheels have you decided to run....., Saleens, lol?

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Very nice! What's it going to run when it's all sad and done?

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
Very nice! What's it going to run when it's all sad and done?

tnx, when i eventually get to it, it will just be a mild h/c/i setup and maybe years down the line when i win the lotto a blower..lol

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry, I mean money wise, I like the work I see.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

quote:
Originally posted by CLEEN 50:
Wow it's came along way Alex [worship] [worship] [worship] . You wouldn't beleive if I told you but my first mustang looked exactly like yours all white with a cobra cobdy kit. It looks great. I love fresh white paintjobs [worship]

What wheels have you decided to run....., Saleens, lol?

funny, that i now have 2 white stangs when all the previous ones i alternated between blue and red. i really wish the car was originally redor black so i could just go full cobra replica with all the badging.
im going with saleens back on the 94 since it already has the kit. the fox will have deep dish anthracite bullits

[ May 16, 2006, 12:21 AM: Message edited by: venomous99 ]

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

DOPE 50
¯
Member # 5892

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DOPE 50  Ford pictures for DOPE 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Please tell me your putting an Aftermarket hood?Thats all that car needs and i would go and put those Fr 500's back on and it will look sic,Damn thats a nice Foxbody man,congrats [patriot]

--------------------
94 COBRA CLONE CONVERTIBLE
67 SS CHEVY NOVA,CAGED UP,TUBBED,FUEL CELL,ETC..IN THE WORKS.[67SSNOV]
91 INTEGRA ON 17'S
94 Ranger Getting lifted

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

quote:
Originally posted by DOPE 50:
Please tell me your putting an Aftermarket hood?Thats all that car needs and i would go and put those Fr 500's back on and it will look sic,Damn thats a nice Foxbody man,congrats [patriot]

the shop still needs to install the cervinis 1.5" hood. i ditched the fr500s cuz it just doesnt fit the fox, imho and doesnt have much of a "deep" dish like the bullits.
tnx

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

1FAST89GT
¯
Member # 5071

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1FAST89GT  Ford pictures for 1FAST89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
looks good, its hard to belive thats the same one from a while ago. looks nice
J24I
¯
Member # 2598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for J24I  Ford pictures for J24I    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn the car is lookin pretty clean man! [patriot] What kind of wheels you plan on puttin on the car instead of the FR500's?

--------------------
*'87 Coupe
'89 Coupe-SOLD

Posts: 2131 | From: Bay Area(925) | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

quote:
Originally posted by J24I:
damn the car is lookin pretty clean man! [patriot] What kind of wheels you plan on puttin on the car instead of the FR500's?

tnx..im going with my 1st choice of wheels, anthracite 18x9/10 bullits. i ended up going with the fr500s originally when i first picked up the 92 as there was another white gt in san jo with the bullits. i figure now, everyone and their mamas have these replicas regardless of which kind.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

silverLX
¯
Member # 3207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for silverLX  Ford pictures for silverLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It looks really good! I can't wait to see it done [worship]

--------------------
88LX hatch 410w
88LX vert gears, exhaust
95GT H/C/I

Posts: 1613 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
burnout50
¯
Member # 6781

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for burnout50  Ford pictures for burnout50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn seems like hard work, but Nice!

--------------------
SOLD! Clean '91 LX Hatch Original

Daily Driver - 2014 Mustang GT w/ Track Package

Posts: 220 | From: SF, Antioch, Rio Vista, Bay Area | Registered: May 2006  |  :
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Alex, that looks like real quality work. How much did he charge you if you dont mind me asking? I might be looking to get my stang painted pretty soon, just wanted to do the same color. No major bodywork at all. Thanks [patriot]

[ May 16, 2006, 03:14 PM: Message edited by: CLEEN 50 ]

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

quote:
Alex, that looks like real quality work. How much did he charge you if you dont mind me asking? I might be looking to get my stang painted pretty soon, just wanted to do the same color. No major bodywork at all. Thanks [patriot]

i sent u a pm...ull be surprised how reasonable it was.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
looking nice!!

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
PWR HNGRY 302
¯
Member # 6000

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PWR HNGRY 302  Ford pictures for PWR HNGRY 302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

nice looking car you got there. Yea, i had the same question. shoot me a pm.

--------------------
87 Fox- Restoration in progress
2014 Tacoma DCLB MGM
2017 Prius Prime (The Daily)

Posts: 2655 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

quote:
Originally posted by PWR HNGRY 302:
quote:

nice looking car you got there. Yea, i had the same question. shoot me a pm.
sent u a pm

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what's up man,wow looks really good. congrats.
can you send me a pm with details too? thanks a ton, congrats again.

--------------------
=(

Pittsburg Mustang Owner
¯
Member # 6100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pittsburg Mustang Owner  Ford pictures for Pittsburg Mustang Owner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
where did u take it to get done?
Posts: 1019 | From: Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

a shop in oak near 84th and san leandro.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

987vert50
¯
Member # 6762

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 987vert50  Ford pictures for 987vert50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if im not too mistaken i think i saw you driving it in san jose last week, but maybe the one i saw had a stormin normin hood, i dont remember but regardless, it looks great
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

quote:
Originally posted by 987vert50:
if im not too mistaken i think i saw you driving it in san jose last week, but maybe the one i saw had a stormin normin hood, i dont remember but regardless, it looks great

mustve been someone else. my car hasnt been driven for 8months and has been at the bodyshop for several weeks. mine will have a cowl hood vs the stormin normin. didnt know ppl are still sportin those hoods.lol

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

picked up the car yesterday and threw on the 18x10/9 bullits and washed her today.
i still need to get tailpipes on as it has dumps right now, which i cant stand

here are the pics:

-
 -
 -
 -

-

-

[ May 20, 2006, 05:36 PM: Message edited by: venomous99 ]

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com