Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » One QUICK electric car

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: One QUICK electric car
iron281
¯
Member # 80

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iron281  Ford pictures for iron281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This thing does 11 sec in the 1/4. 60 mph in 3.0 seconds.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7352118104883452737&q=x1

http://money.cnn.com/2006/05/04/technology/business2_wrightspeed/index.htm

http://www.wrightspeed.com/x1.html

Posts: 385 | From: San Jose, California | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
18x10roushes
¯
Member # 5269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 18x10roushes  Ford pictures for 18x10roushes    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that car is bad for being electric it was at my job the other day getting test drove.. [Big Grin]

--------------------
http://fastgms-teamfast.com/

MEMBER OF TEAM FAST
RIP Willie G

SydeWayzSix
¯
Member # 2222

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWayzSix  Ford pictures for SydeWayzSix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that thing is bad ass [worship]

--------------------
1989 Notchback "SF Giants" edition...
Goodbye '00 Kawi ZX-6R...you will be missed dearly.

....on with the show! :)

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I believe that is based off the "Ariel Atom" platform.

The original atom was powered by a Honda Si motor and had the hp/lb ratio of something around 600hp/ton.

9cobra9
¯
Member # 4470

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra9  Ford pictures for 9cobra9    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
click on the "video" link... this car is truely an engineering masterpiece.
http://www.arielatom.com/ariel/site.php

--------------------
Red 1999 Cobra #1227
cai, bbk headers, offroad h-pipe, short shifter, 3.73's, magnaflow mufflers, LTW flywheel and 04 cobra clutch,
co-owner of PWA

Wolfie351
¯
Member # 651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfie351  Ford pictures for Wolfie351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Has decent range on a full charge too! But, what happens when they have to put in all the madatory car safety features? Airbags, 5mph bumpers, etc Would be better to make it a 3 wheeled vehicle to avoid those regulations and keep it as light as possible. One big ass 335 rear tire should do the trick, kinda like that motorcycle/indy car combo some guy made a while back. I suppose you could also sell it as a "kit" to get around safety regulations.

--------------------
1985 Mustang GT: 351W, Griggs, Baer, etc etc

Posts: 1214 | From: South Bay | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
87GeeTee
¯
Member # 5905

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87GeeTee  Ford pictures for 87GeeTee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 88DroptopGT:
I believe that is based off the "Ariel Atom" platform.

The original atom was powered by a Honda Si motor and had the hp/lb ratio of something around 600hp/ton.

I thought it was powered by a supercharged Type R motor? [Confused]

That's a quick elecric car. But, too bad it can hurt the pockets. [Embarrassed]

--------------------
Member #: 5145
PWA Owner & SRA Member
Two-Gun Motorsports

2002 GT; Gone But Not Forgotten
1987 GT Vert (Sold!)

Posts: 4278 | From: San Pablo | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
CeeJay
¯
Member # 6766

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CeeJay  Ford pictures for CeeJay    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They have electric car races at Woodburn. Its hilarous to see them in the burnout box because you don't hear anything all you see are tires spinning and smoke pouring out from the wheel wells. A very different scene than typical drags where you hear the motor. But I've seen some run 12's all day long and that's movin for an electric car. [patriot] Hell they could have handed at least 1/2 the field their ass at the Ford vs Chevy shootout.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com