Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » HP guessing time: Finalizing the tune tomorrow with CDT

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: HP guessing time: Finalizing the tune tomorrow with CDT
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mods are: Heads, cam, intake, roller rockers,tb, freeflowing exhaust and that famous horsepower bandaid at about 12psi.

[Big Grin]

k more specific

TFS tw's
stage 1
typhoon intake
accufab 70mm tb
s-trim
42's
1.6 pro mags
off road 2.5 exhaust with flows and whistle tip [Whoo Whooooo!]
Still has all accessories, smog equip and a/c and stock fan.
K&N oilfilter +20hp
For fuel supply only a 255 intank, if anything w goes bad tomorrow its that.

No port work really, just clean up of the intake. pretty much all the out the box shit you can buy. the nitrous is still in the box.

this is me
 -

[ May 08, 2006, 02:58 AM: Message edited by: 166 Merlot ]

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
435hp/418tq...and yes, you will run out of fuel on the topend. Good luck!

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArchersGT  Ford pictures for ArchersGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That car is FUKKIN SICK. [worship]

Got more pics of it?

--------------------
86' LX Vert

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
435hp/418tq...and yes, you will run out of fuel on the topend. Good luck!

hey John just curious on why it would run out of fuel on the top end? I know nothing about engine building. Just curious.

[patriot]

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
445 [Wink]

and then the fuel curve is going to look like the rocky mountains.

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
42lb injectors + 255 pump + 12 psi = serious fuel starvation over 5k rpms. The pump can't keep up with the injectors, hense Vortech selling a T-rex in-line pump with anything over 8psi.

My original combo was very similar to this (I had RPM heads and a 5.0 intake though) all else was the same. Car pulled to about 5400...that was it. 441hp/417 tq.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
42lb injectors + 255 pump + 12 psi = serious fuel starvation over 5k rpms. The pump can't keep up with the injectors, hense Vortech selling a T-rex in-line pump with anything over 8psi.

My original combo was very similar to this (I had RPM heads and a 5.0 intake though) all else was the same. Car pulled to about 5400...that was it. 441hp/417 tq.

damn man you know everything

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
CDT
¯
Member # 5004

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CDT  Ford pictures for CDT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i just hope it doesn't burst into flames this time [Big Grin]

so much for that!!! [Frown]

[ May 08, 2006, 04:39 PM: Message edited by: CDT ]

--------------------
Custom Dyno Tuning
Home of Flat Fee Tuning For All Cars, Trucks and SUV's, EFI & Carb, SCT, AFR, Dynatech, STS Turbos, N2O Refills

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice car! I am going to say you will make close to 450 HP at the wheels.

Post the #'s when you get them [patriot]

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well I'd hate to make everyone mad but the car went up in flames again as the leaky valve cover gasket came back. I'm going to go ahead and put in an inline pump for saftey and maybe even up the injectors one mo'gain.

As told by the man, car was around 435rwhp at 5800rpms and still climbing, but the test was cut short do the the oil leaking on the header issue. damnit. [Frown]

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UNLUCKIER  Ford pictures for UNLUCKIER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
450hp with whistle tips! WHOO WHOO [worship]

--------------------
The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

Posts: 1023 | From: ODENTON MD | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com