Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Sharks Playoffs (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Sharks Playoffs
Wolfie351
¯
Member # 651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfie351  Ford pictures for Wolfie351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The Sharks have the edge in goal and I think that will be the difference that decides the series. Even if Toskala sucks ass, we still have Nabokov to fall back on. Edmonton is defenitely a more physical team, but the Sharks have both speed AND size to counter it. It's going to be great to see Joe and Pronger go into the corners and fight for pucks. Not saying the Sharks will win in 4 games, but I'm not too worried.

--------------------
1985 Mustang GT: 351W, Griggs, Baer, etc etc

Posts: 1214 | From: South Bay | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
hockeyguy713
¯
Member # 5354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hockeyguy713  Ford pictures for hockeyguy713    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Who's watchin the game... 10 min into the 2nd OT. The sharks are gonna pull this one out. I say Rissmiller gets the game winner!

--------------------
91 GT

tonster
¯
Member # 6093

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for tonster  Ford pictures for tonster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well that sucks. series is now 2-1. they need to come out stronger than they did today. sure the game ended in the 2nd ot, but edmonton was rushing, pressing, and checking hard the entire game. if it wasn't for toskala it would've been over in the first. hopefully things will change.
00 Blown SS
¯
Member # 2543

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 00 Blown SS  Ford pictures for 00 Blown SS  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I watched it to. it was a dam good fucking game.
alot of hitting, and dam good shots.

But I think the sharks will pull it out.

--------------------
[IMG]http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/565000-565999/565374_96_full.gif[/IMG]

hockeyguy713
¯
Member # 5354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hockeyguy713  Ford pictures for hockeyguy713    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Game actually ended in 3rd OT but still the sharks were out shot the entire game and Toskala played a hell of a game. His team just wasn't producing the offense that they should have been.

--------------------
91 GT

liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hockeyguy713:
Game actually ended in 3rd OT but still the sharks were out shot the entire game and Toskala played a hell of a game. His team just wasn't producing the offense that they should have been.

Ya the sharks came out flat and just basicly sucked, how do you only put 3 shots on net in the first period... Taskala played a Great game and he can only do so much...

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
RixSikCobra
¯
Member # 5058

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RixSikCobra  Ford pictures for RixSikCobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's all good. It's not that the Sharks came out flat per se, Edm HAD to come out hard like they did. The Sharks did a GREAT job in holding on and only being down 1-0 after 1...even though those cheatin', floppin', headhunting a$$holes EDM came out to play. By the end of the 2nd, the Sharks were up by 1, even though Edm. was givin' everthing they had. The Sharks did good. Even though they lost, they are still up 1 game and Edm expelled so much energy in G3 that they will be ripe for the pickin' on Sat. Even if it goes 7, the Sharks have home ice in the end. Sharks in 6, though. [patriot]

--------------------
2004 Terminator
Torch Red Vert
Built,Ported,Cammed,Juiced

Posts: 2120 | From: Pleasanton | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
tonster
¯
Member # 6093

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for tonster  Ford pictures for tonster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ya the oilers play like a bunch of goons, especially in game two when torres had that cheap shot on michalek. hockey is a physical sport, but that was plain dirty.
liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by tonster:
ya the oilers play like a bunch of goons, especially in game two when torres had that cheap shot on michalek. hockey is a physical sport, but that was plain dirty.

ya that was a bullshit hit, if he would of gotten him in the chest I might not be as mad but the fact he went for the head is bullshit, and just like the hit on chechoo in the corner, at least that was called

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
RixSikCobra
¯
Member # 5058

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RixSikCobra  Ford pictures for RixSikCobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I hope that F, Torres, gets fined/suspended for that hit on Michalek. He probably won't, it woulda happened by now. With that said, I hope the Sharks activate Scott Parker for one game so he can kick the livin' #$@# outta Torres [Mad] [patriot]

--------------------
2004 Terminator
Torch Red Vert

Wolfie351
¯
Member # 651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfie351  Ford pictures for Wolfie351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hits to the head should be an automatic game suspension, I know they've considered that in the past.

But, what pisses me off the most, is there guy gets hit in the face with a puck in their own end of the ice and they blow the whistle immediately (which they should do) Our guy gets a shoulder to the head in the neutral zone, goes down like a ton of bricks, and they let the play go on!!!

[ May 12, 2006, 12:04 PM: Message edited by: Wolfie351 ]

--------------------
1985 Mustang GT: 351W, Griggs, Baer, etc etc

Posts: 1214 | From: South Bay | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
RixSikCobra
¯
Member # 5058

quote:
Originally posted by Wolfie351:
Hits to the head should be an automatic game suspension, I know they've considered that in the past.

But, what pisses me off the most, is there guy gets hit in the face with a puck in their own end of the ice and they blow the whistle immediately (which they should do) Our guy gets a shoulder to the head in the neutral zone, goes down like a ton of bricks, and they let the play go on!!!

Good point(s). [patriot]

--------------------
2004 Terminator
Torch Red Vert

1quik69
¯
Member # 5481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1quik69  Ford pictures for 1quik69    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I agree 100% on game suspensions for head shots. A perfect example is the cheap shot Todd Bertuzzi of Vancouver put on Steve Moore of the Avalanche. They are saying Moore will never play again and he has filed a suit in Canada now against Bertuzzi.( and the Cannucks also I think)
RixSikCobra
¯
Member # 5058

Game 4=Complete meltdown by Sharks [Frown] [Confused] . Best 2 outta 3 now and SJ has home ice. They'll bounce back [patriot] .

--------------------
2004 Terminator
Torch Red Vert

tonster
¯
Member # 6093

ya, they got dominated. when toskala made that bonehead play that led to the game being tied up at three, you knew edmonton was going to take it.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com