Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Rim Suggestions for my Mach (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Rim Suggestions for my Mach
Jackpine 5.0
¯
Member # 6349

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jackpine 5.0  Ford pictures for Jackpine 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It also depends on how long you can wait. You might as well save up the money and find something you really like that isn't the same as the guy next door. Hell, I've been driving around on stock ponys now for 7 or 8 months. The wheels look nice, but I want something that stands out and really makes the car look good. I think we all know that a set of rims can make or break the look of a car. I'm trying to save up and possibly buy a set of BUDNIKS [worship] that are currently on 98slowhoe's car - right Frank? I still think you should just let me have them now and I'll pay you ... sometime later [Big Grin]

--------------------
Jackpine Crew
94 Toyota - Straight Axled on 37's
87 LX - goin' for 12's on stock motor (airbox to oil pan)

Posts: 55 | From: Shingle Springs, CA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
90RanGer
¯
Member # 2906

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90RanGer  Ford pictures for 90RanGer  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How about these wheels?
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275972

Kazera KZ-A, $205 each for 18x9.5, I say get those or the Roush wheels.
http://www.kazera.com/wheels/detail/kza_chrome.html

Posts: 142 | From: Santa Cruz, CA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
Jackpine 5.0
¯
Member # 6349

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jackpine 5.0  Ford pictures for Jackpine 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That is one nice ass cobra - looks very clean
Posts: 55 | From: Shingle Springs, CA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
S351-R
CAFords OG
Member # 1605

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S351-R  Ford pictures for S351-R    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX':
I havn't read your post nor anybody elses, but PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT get Saleens, Cobra R's, Y2K's, Deep Dish Bullets, or any other Ford Factory rim.

Thats all I have to say.

That's funny. The reason I took the Saleen wheels off of my cars is a lot of cars were sporting them. And my cars ARE Saleens.
 -
 -

PWR HNGRY 302
¯
Member # 6000

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PWR HNGRY 302  Ford pictures for PWR HNGRY 302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Iam going to have to disagree with all the haters out here talking about ford factory replicas cause there are a lot of people with them for a reason, its plain and simple they look good. Iam a fan of cobra r's [Whoo Whooooo!] [worship] [worship] [burnout] [Wink] [Razz] i think that they are the best looking factory wheels out. I dont really like bullits or saleens and i think welds look fugly [Razz] except on john b's cobra [burnout]

--------------------
87 Fox- Restoration in progress
2014 Tacoma DCLB MGM
2017 Prius Prime (The Daily)

Posts: 2655 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
PWR HNGRY 302
¯
Member # 6000

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for PWR HNGRY 302  Ford pictures for PWR HNGRY 302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ohh yea and the fr500's look good on mach 1's

[ April 20, 2006, 11:29 PM: Message edited by: PWR HNGRY 302 ]

--------------------
87 Fox- Restoration in progress
2014 Tacoma DCLB MGM
2017 Prius Prime (The Daily)

Posts: 2655 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
everyone is entitled to their own opinion course. personally, unless you're gonna spend at least $2k there isnt much out there that beats the stock replicas. ADR's and a bunch of others are nice but just arent the right offset and width for our cars as they're mainly for g35s and other imports. other $1k priced wheels are just another cast wheel you're paying more money for when u can get the run of the mill replicas for half the price.
if you want to be different for a wheel that isnt of much higher quality than the fakes just strictly for exclusiveness more power to you.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

Yames
¯
Member # 5291

Ford Icon 9 posted      Profile for Yames  Ford pictures for Yames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the advice you guys, it looks like I'm going to have to start saving more money before I purchase some rims, well at least some decent rims that I will like.
[Frown]

--------------------
2003 Mach 1 (Good Bye For Now)
1993 Cadillac STS 4.6L V8 (Sold)
1994 Toyota Tercel

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
keep the front stock. For the rear get a replica 17x10.5 mach rims with 335-35-17s

absolutey badass

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
bookoo
¯
Member # 6304

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bookoo  Ford pictures for bookoo  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
make sure that the wheels you have are going to be able to clear you brakes if you ever go with 4piston brake calipers. i had that promlem with my fox. i had got the saleen brake upgrade in the front and i went to go and put my SSR wheels on and they hit the calipers so i had to get the REAL 18"saleens to go with them. i would also suggest going wider in the rear just cause it fill up the wheel well better. i went with the 18-10s out back. [burnout] good luck on your search....

--------------------
50Reasons:member
prev name "hoppin50"
"Yeah whatever"

92 notch 89 & 93 vert
03 explorer 95 silverado
95 cbr 900 RR (2) 63 cadi's
93 blazer

Posts: 131 | From: sac town/n. highlands | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
Yames
¯
Member # 5291

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yames  Ford pictures for Yames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bookoo:
make sure that the wheels you have are going to be able to clear you brakes if you ever go with 4piston brake calipers. i had that promlem with my fox. i had got the saleen brake upgrade in the front and i went to go and put my SSR wheels on and they hit the calipers so i had to get the REAL 18"saleens to go with them. i would also suggest going wider in the rear just cause it fill up the wheel well better. i went with the 18-10s out back. [burnout] good luck on your search....

Thanks for that because I do plan on upgrading to Baer Brakes later on as well. Maybe I should do brakes first? Instead of rims? The brake upgrade is more affordable to me right now any how. [patriot]

--------------------
2003 Mach 1 (Good Bye For Now)
1993 Cadillac STS 4.6L V8 (Sold)
1994 Toyota Tercel

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i agree with 94gt..the fr500 are sicc

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The 18" CCW wheels look good on '03 Cobras and should look good on your car [patriot]

-

-

-

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by PWR HNGRY 302:
I dont really like bullits or saleens and i think welds look fugly [Razz] except on john b's cobra [burnout]

Ahhh, it's cool. Like anyone can see the wheels at 139+ in the 1/4 mile???

Nope.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
silverLX
¯
Member # 3207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for silverLX  Ford pictures for silverLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yames:
Thanks for the advice you guys, it looks like I'm going to have to start saving more money before I purchase some rims [Frown]

--------------------
88LX hatch 410w
88LX vert gears, exhaust
95GT H/C/I

Posts: 1613 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com