Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Rim Suggestions for my Mach (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Rim Suggestions for my Mach
Yames
¯
Member # 5291

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yames  Ford pictures for Yames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a black on black 2003 Mustang Mach 1 and I need some rim suggestions, I may have posted this up before but now I'm serious and have some cash to spend on some rims and tires about 1k 1.2k.

I'm thinking of doing 22's in the rear and 19's in the front. or just all around 19 inch rims. I'm sure I have posted this up before but I need some suggestions, pics and advice. Post up pictures and prices please.

I've also decided to bag the 66 project for now, I was searching but I'm just going to work on the Mach for now.

--------------------
2003 Mach 1 (Good Bye For Now)
1993 Cadillac STS 4.6L V8 (Sold)
1994 Toyota Tercel

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
1k to 1.2k for rims and tires will not get you much except some really heavy nasty wheels if you're looking for 19". im not even sure if you'll be able to source some decent tires for $1k.
i thought 20s were bad enough on stanges let alone 22s.
pls refrain from going with anything larger than 19s on a 94-04 stang.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

ilikeV8torque
¯
Member # 6509

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ilikeV8torque  Ford pictures for ilikeV8torque    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
20's look good on 05'up. I don't think I've ever heard or seen any Mustangs on 22's. That's just plain wrong. 19's are reasonable but I would suggest 18x10/10.5 rear and 18x9 front. Give it a staggered look which it should have because its a V8 rear drive muscle car. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Some suggestions are:
Black bullits with polished lip
All black Saleen rims
Black FR500 wheels with polished lip.

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
send me a pic of the car and ill photosop some rims on it, so you can see what it looks like.
Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
SydeWayzSix
¯
Member # 2222

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWayzSix  Ford pictures for SydeWayzSix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
STAY AWAY FROM 22's unless you want to be like this cool ass guy [Eek!]
[Whoo Whooooo!]
 -

[ April 19, 2006, 09:26 PM: Message edited by: SydeWayzSix ]

--------------------
1989 Notchback "SF Giants" edition...
Goodbye '00 Kawi ZX-6R...you will be missed dearly.

....on with the show! :)

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wouldnt go 22's and wouldnt suggest 20's either. I would go like 19's or 18's, but do not go standard with cobras, bullits, fr's. Go custom, I personally like giovanni's and diablo. They have some nice wheels for muscle cars. Be different.
bullitt4110
¯
Member # 6586

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bullitt4110  Ford pictures for bullitt4110    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WOW! those rims are scary. How could someone do that to a Mustang?! I think 18's look real nice on Mustangs and would not go any bigger than that in my opinion.

--------------------
-2001 C5 Z06
-SOLD: Whippled 03 Cobra
-SOLD: Vortech'd 01 Bullitt #4110

Yames
¯
Member # 5291

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yames  Ford pictures for Yames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LOL I never realized how rediculous those 22 inch rims looked before definitely a bad idea, however I may go with some 20 inch rims. I'll take pictures tomorrow since the sun is out after I wash my car.

james

btw thanks for the suggestions any more pics would be great.

--------------------
1994 Toyota Tercel

Yames
¯
Member # 5291

What do you guys think of these rims?

On craigslist of course.

http://www.craigslist.org/eby/car/152768621.html

--------------------
1994 Toyota Tercel

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dont get rims that looks like they should be on a scraper, please.
get some black deep dish fr500 or deep dish black bullets.

Yames
¯
Member # 5291

quote:
Originally posted by two-gun kid:

Yeah that's true, I've been thinking about the deep dish look but I would have to get it in chrome, I'm not to big on the black look even though it may look pretty clean on my ride. Like I said I'll try and post pics tomorrow.

james

--------------------
1994 Toyota Tercel

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

quote:
Originally posted by Yames:
quote:

Yeah that's true, I've been thinking about the deep dish look but I would have to get it in chrome, I'm not to big on the black look even though it may look pretty clean on my ride. Like I said I'll try and post pics tomorrow.

james

some 18in rims would looks clean, some chrome deep dish fr500's would looks clean.
Throttle Stop
¯
Member # 5515

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Throttle Stop  Ford pictures for Throttle Stop  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've been reading this, and wondering some things.

First, do folks with those large wheels (20, 22, whatever) realize they are VERY heavy? We had a 2005 GT Convert with some "Roman Chariot" 20s and each wheel/ tire weighed over 100lbs each. That equates into slower braking/ acceleration and turning response. Smaller rims with descent sized tires will actually improve all those things.

Second, if those cars are ever driven on the street, the small sidewalls will not protect the rims from potholes, driveways, gumwrappers, that kind of thing. The rims will end up getting bent, and that can be expensive to fix.

The last thing that people forget is whatever size rim you go with, the outside diameter of the tires must be within 3% of each other. If the difference is greater, the ABS computer will be confused and the ABS and traction control will not work.

Now, to the original question of wheels for 1-1.2k. Unless you check on e-bay, or can find someone selling some take-offs, you're not going to have much luck, especially if you want tires. If it were me, I would save up longer, and set my sites on some more reasonable sized wheels. On a 03 Mustang (especially a Mach due to the heritage, IMHO), stay with 17 or 18. One of our shop cars has 17x9 front and 17x11 rears. You can stuff lots of rubber under the rear, as we have 315/35-17 back there!

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Posts: 110 | From: Roseville, Ca. | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
1100hp
¯
Member # 6454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1100hp  Ford pictures for 1100hp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lord.....Please don't put anything on larger than a set of 18's.....please....it's just wrong. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"sure officer, it's stock".

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

james

some 18in rims would looks clean, some chrome deep dish fr500's would looks clean.
BAM!! That's what I did on my mach... 18x9 (265/35) and 18x10 (295/35) Chrome Fr500's... the black ones do NOT look that good on a black mustang... the 2 blacks contrast, imho.
 -

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I will say that chrome fr's deep dish are pretty ill no matter who you are. It is just that so many people have them.

Diablo make some nice wheels
http://www.diablousa.com/nf_0905/cars_1.html

You can find some clean custom rims, that dont weigh a ton. But if you had to had to be liek the rest, chrome fr's are the way to go. The look hella clean on 94gt's car.

Yames
¯
Member # 5291

quote:
Originally posted by 94gt:
quote:
quote:
quote:

james

BAM!! That's what I did on my mach... 18x9 (265/35) and 18x10 (295/35) Chrome Fr500's... the black ones do NOT look that good on a black mustang... the 2 blacks contrast, imho.
 -

Now that's just gorgeous. Looks exactly like my ride. On the website that someone posted I was looking at the XLR8's? what do you guys think of those, it's a chrome with a black trim on it they look pretty decent.

--------------------
1994 Toyota Tercel

N8
¯
Member # 6048

i posted that site...but nah man you dont want to get those.....*because I am looking into those...lol* I went to a local shop and tried one on a while back and I cant even tell you how ill they looked on my fox. I think they were 18x9. But I think they are a little out of the budget you have set I could be wrong tho. But they are clean and are dished.
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I havn't read your post nor anybody elses, but PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT get Saleens, Cobra R's, Y2K's, Deep Dish Bullets, or any other Ford Factory rim.

Thats all I have to say.

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX':
I havn't read your post nor anybody elses, but PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT get Saleens, Cobra R's, Y2K's, Deep Dish Bullets, or any other Ford Factory rim.

Thats all I have to say.

+1
[patriot]

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nothing wrong with the factory replicas. sure everyone and their mama have these wheels but what can you ask for given the price. $600-$700 on some nice wheels you cant ask for more.
sure if money is no object id be all for the HRE, fiske, iforged, ccw, etc.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:
nothing wrong with the factory replicas. sure everyone and their mama have these wheels but what can you ask for given the price. $600-$700 on some nice wheels you cant ask for more.

It Doesn't have to be HRE, Fiske, Iforges, CCW rims to be cool. That the exact point to not to get them cause everybody has them!!!! Be different. All these cars start to look the same with 03 Cobras, and Saleens. There are TONS of other rims manudfacturs. Budniks, Boyd C., Intro, ADR, and the list goes on, you don't have to drop a G on each rim, but shit whats wrong with Spending 1200 on four. My 2 Cents again.

Sorry I just get a little heated about this subject cause, you see one every other week. Or you see "Hey Check out my New Rims" and all it ends to be is another car with Deep Dish Bullets, or Black with polished lip Bullets.

--------------------

SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

N8
¯
Member # 6048

I agree with 98slowhoe.

94GT's car is hella sick. But like you said it looks just like yours. And if you get the chrome fr's you will look even more like his. And if you attend a cruise guess how many more black 03's will be there with those... Set yourself apart. I put 18in Gio's on my 92 drop and 18in Diablos on my McLaren. Spent a little more but now I dont look like the dude around the corner with the 91 drop [patriot]

[ April 20, 2006, 03:10 PM: Message edited by: n8y8 ]

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

It Doesn't have to be HRE, Fiske, Iforges, CCW rims to be cool. That the exact point to not to get them cause everybody has them!!!! Be different. All these cars start to look the same with 03 Cobras, and Saleens. There are TONS of other rims manudfacturs. Budniks, Boyd C., Intro, ADR, and the list goes on, you don't have to drop a G on each rim, but shit whats wrong with Spending 1200 on four. My 2 Cents again.

Sorry I just get a little heated about this subject cause, you see one every other week. Or you see "Hey Check out my New Rims" and all it ends to be is another car with Deep Dish Bullets, or Black with polished lip Bullets.

I agree with venomous99 on this. You get get some nice wheels for cheap. I purchased some saleens and I love them. Of course I could of sprung and went to get some boyds [Eek!] or budniks [worship] but I couldn't justify spending that amount of money on wheels, JMO. And the good thing about my wheels is I hardly ever see them on fox bodies let alone convertibles. They were cheap which allowed me to buy good tires. I paid just under $1000 for rims, tires, and saleen centercaps [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [worship] . But I would definately never own another set of cobra R's again, LOL. Some fords wheels are cool, but I think it all depends on what scheme u got going on with ur car [patriot]

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

quote:
Originally posted by CLEEN 50:
quote:
quote:

I agree with venomous99 on this. You get get some nice wheels for cheap. I purchased some saleens and I love them. Of course I could of sprung and went to get some boyds [Eek!] or budniks [worship] but I couldn't justify spending that amount of money on wheels, JMO. And the good thing about my wheels is I hardly ever see them on fox bodies let alone convertibles. They were cheap which allowed me to buy good tires. I paid just under $1000 for rims, tires, and saleen centercaps [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [worship] . But I would definately never own another set of cobra R's again, LOL. Some fords wheels are cool, but I think it all depends on what scheme u got going on with ur car [patriot]
You got it man, it is all Opinions. When it comes down to it, it's all about how much change you got in your pocket and what YOU think looks good! I just think it's kinda dumb to ask on this board. You get the same answer all the time, just got pick up a FF&MM or "5.0" Mag and they are all in there.

[ April 20, 2006, 04:12 PM: Message edited by: 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX' ]

--------------------

SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com