Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Lebron James or Kobe Bryant? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Lebron James or Kobe Bryant?
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CLEEN 50:
quote:
Originally posted by 1990Silver5.0:
Kobe knows how to win.

Thats a good one [Roll Eyes] . Do you even know the Lakers record or have you even watched them at all the last 2 seasons. AI knows how to win and does whatever it takes. [patriot] I would take Lebron because he has the potential to be greater than Kobe.
Their record is'nt the greatest but it is definatley better than the expert's projected before the season starting as no one gave them a chance to make the playoff's. So just making the playoff's will be an accomplishment. If Lebron was in kobe's shoes I would bet they would'nt have as many win's as they do now. Give Phil a few year's and He should have them back in line to compete for another championship.

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

TrueBlue
¯
Member # 1063

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrueBlue  Ford pictures for TrueBlue    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by n8y8:
Well you cut your image a little short, you left off the career stats. You have to consider the longevity at which Kobe has maintained this level.

Here you go....pretty much the same. Actually LeBron's career points is higher. [worship]

-

-

[ March 22, 2006, 03:10 PM: Message edited by: TrueBlue ]

--------------------
KB '01 GT
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/davis769/GIFS/samj.gif[/IMG]

Posts: 1527 | From: Around the way | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach0ne351  Ford pictures for Mach0ne351  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
shaq is the best. period [Smile]

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
SCT Tuned by APEX Motorsports @ 317rwhp/304rwtq
www.32valve.com

Posts: 1182 | From: Marina, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306Coupe  Ford pictures for 306Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TrueBlue:
quote:
Well you cut your image a little short, you left off the career stats. You have to consider the longevity at which Kobe has maintained this level.

Here you go....pretty much the same. Actually LeBron's career points is higher. [worship]

-

-

Damn career wise, Lebron has better averages. Lakers have no-one because nobody wants to play with kobe. Cleveland had the worst record in the NBA the before without Lebron. Lebron came and completely changed the team. So, you can say Cleveland team had no players before Lebron.

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

1990Silver5.0
¯
Member # 6210

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1990Silver5.0  Ford pictures for 1990Silver5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Stats and championships don't mean anything look at Bill russel he has 9 champoinships is he the greatest basketball player to ever play the game? NO! Jordan is and Jordan only won 6. Stats and championships doesn't mean that the other is better then the other. watch how different KObe and Lebron play. Lebron is 21 and is built like a beast so he doesn't get knocked around when he drives to the hole like kobe does. Kobe [worship]
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I agree to an extent....Stats and championships can be misleading. But in Kobes case the dude is just a all around better player. He is almost like a Pippen mixed with MJ. So many different things he can do and does on the court. Kobe moves well without the ball. LeBron does not (well not as well). Kobe has a pure mid range and long range game, LeBron's hasnt blossomed yet. And like I said decisions in crunch time. I wouldnt go to LeBron if the game is on the line. And size doesnt mean much. Look at AI, 6'1 165 and will kill the ankles of both players in question and his stats are off the hook year in and year out.
TrueBlue
¯
Member # 1063

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrueBlue  Ford pictures for TrueBlue    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I agree to an extent....Stats and championships can be misleading. But in Kobes case the dude is just a all around better player.

LMAO!, dude are you even looking at the stats? Kobe is not an all around better player. He averages more points per game and shoots free throws better and that is it. How do you mean all around better player...LMAO!

I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

[ March 22, 2006, 06:00 PM: Message edited by: TrueBlue ]

--------------------
KB '01 GT

TrueBlue
¯
Member # 1063

LB with a triple double tonight! 2nd in the league in triple doubles....who's the better "overall" player?

--------------------
KB '01 GT

04cobra408
¯
Member # 4025

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04cobra408  Ford pictures for 04cobra408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
To kobe's defense he did not HAVE to score like LeBron does back then. LeBron HAS to score, he is the offense. While Kobe was part of a offense. Switch the roles and I am sure the both can do either. But......Kobe can literally put a team on his back. LeBron cannot right now. He has all the talent one can have but I am telling you, he dont really think the game right now. And Kobe is a straight complete player. No real flaws in his game. LeBron still makes ill-advised decisions. His team has a better record, but look at the shake-ups the lakers have been thru. Cleveland's team has kinda grown together. But start losing players and stuff and I guarantee they will struggle. I still say Kobe, and I still will take D-Wade over LeBron, and almost over Kobe for that matter. I bet D-Wade ends up having a better career than both of them

kobe couldnt have handle being the only points for his team.all the critisism he would have gotten when he was 18 19 20 21 would have killed him . he wouldnt have been able to handle it and he has proven that when he got critisized (sp?)
by fans and press when he was young , and even a lil bit now and you can see how it bugs him so much with that stupid ass commercial. and he is good and all i wont and cant go against that opinion but i feel lebron hands down on and off the court. kobe has that rich kid arrogance not the confidence and swagger (sp? again)his fans claim he has.

--------------------
Willie Guzman
RIP lil brother
11-23-12

Juan Moya
"The King Cobra"
11/16/81 - 8/20/05

Posts: 1945 | From: san jose ca | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
04cobra408
¯
Member # 4025

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04cobra408  Ford pictures for 04cobra408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i def do agree with the d wade having a better career than both of them in the end but lebron has potential to be great! oh and kobe has a ton of ill advised mistake! have of his shots or ill advised not to mention when he shrugs off his mistakes as his teamates if he admits it to the public or not imo once again

--------------------
Willie Guzman
RIP lil brother
11-23-12

Juan Moya
"The King Cobra"
11/16/81 - 8/20/05

Posts: 1945 | From: san jose ca | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
mustang928
¯
Member # 2123

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustang928  Ford pictures for mustang928    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
HA... some of you guys! they are only as good as the players around them.... They both play with scrubs.

Lebron- 0 playoffs

Kobe- 0 playoffs without Fat diesel

Posts: 333 | From: CALIFORNIA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
351R
¯
Member # 5053

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 351R  Ford pictures for 351R    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
SO FAR I ONLY SEE KOBE HATERS,KOBE IS A BETTER PLAYER-NOT EXACTLY HANDS DOWN BUT HIS GAME IS MORE MATURE THAN LEBRONS.LETS GIVE LEBRON MORE TIME TO BE BETTER AND HE WILL BE THE BEST THAT EVER TOUCH THE BALL.WHAT I CAN SAY IS LEBRON HAS A BETTER SURROUNDING CAST-THATS WHY LJ NUMBERS ARE BETTER(SO PLEASE STOP IT WITH THE LJ MAKES HIS TEAM BETTER-THEY ARE ALREADY GOOD-JUST NEED THE LAST PIECE).KOBE HAS...WELL KOBE HAS(NOBODY BUT A COACH) KOBE -JUST LIKE MY FAVORITE PLAYER IVO(IVERSON)HAS NO TEAM-KEEP IN MIND THAT THE WEST IS HARDER THAN THE EAST.NOT ONLY THAT BUT THE EAST IS GEARED BY GUARDS TO WHERE THE WEST FOR MANY SEASONS HAS HAD THE BIG MEN."SO WHAT HAVE WE LEARNED"#1 ITS HARDER TO PLAY IN THE WEST,KOBE HAS NO BIG MEN,LEBRON IS A FOWARD GUARD-WHICH IF YOU HAVE A ANOTHER BIG MAN TO ACOMPANY HIM THEN YOUR TEAM IS THAT MUCH BETTER OFF.BUT YES SINGLE HANDED KOBE IS BETTER AND SO FAR MAJORITY SAYS SO.
I MEAN KOBE SCORED 80 WITH GOOD PERCENTAGES."KOBE TAKES HELLA SHOTS"(STOP CRYN)DO YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN HE GIVES UP THE ROCK OR SITS ON THE BINCH-NOTHING BUT FUCKIN UP BY THE OTHER MEMBERS.AND IF ANYONE SAYS LEMAR ODOM IS GOOD-GET THE F&%# OUTTA HERE-ILL TAKE SHERLE SWOOPS OVA DUDE STRA8 UP-HES SOFT AS HELL.NO SOFT PLAYERS THAT PLAY WITH LEBRON.ONCE AGAIN-LEBRON IS VERY GOOD BUT HE NEEDS TO BECOME MORE INTELLEGENT-AND HES NOT FAR AWAY BUT KOBE HAS WON CHAMPIONSHIPS.ITS DIFFERENT IN THE PLAYOFFS-EACH ROUND GETS MORE INTENSE-LJ HASNT BEEN DERE YET.LETS LET HIM GROW A LITTLE MORE (even tho hes a beast)

[ March 23, 2006, 12:30 AM: Message edited by: 351R ]

--------------------
06 R6 BLACK/RED RAVEN ALL STOCK 4 NOW
66 COUPE
88CHP/FOR SALE

"THE STREET DISCIPLE"
"SOON THEY WILL BELIEVE"

Posts: 339 | From: prideland(featuring oakland) | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
TrueBlue
¯
Member # 1063

quote:
Originally posted by 351R:
YES SINGLE HANDED KOBE IS BETTER AND SO FAR MAJORITY SAYS SO.

Being in California I wonder why. The stats are the proof that being said this thread should be close, there is no real argument of who is the "overall" best player...LJ.

--------------------
KB '01 GT

aslowdodge
¯
Member # 854

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for aslowdodge  Ford pictures for aslowdodge    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i'd go with lebron. At the end of the game Kobe would be my clutch player. One on one he is virtually unstoppable. Unfortunately Kobe is a bit selffish and I think it affects the overall team mentality. Players don't play as hard because they think kobe will do it all or they will be lucky to even touch the ball.
In a team scheme I think Lebron is my choice. I've seen kobe play one on one ( or one on three) a lot in games and he is incredible, but I think he also hadicaps the team.

--------------------
97 Viper GTS
Supercharged & a bit of juice
last dyno on 100 shot-770rwhp/908lb torque
tree stump pulling anyone?

Posts: 641 | From: pleasanton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
351R
¯
Member # 5053

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 351R  Ford pictures for 351R    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
" Being in California I wonder why. The stats are the proof that being said this [/B] be close, there is no real argument of who is the "overall" best player...LJ."

I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE MAJORITY OF THIS BOARD-KOBE [B]

--------------------
66 COUPE
88CHP/FOR SALE

"THE STREET DISCIPLE"
"SOON THEY WILL BELIEVE"

v6mustanglover
¯
Member # 545

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v6mustanglover  Ford pictures for v6mustanglover  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Kobe is the best scorer in the game right now, hands down. But he doesnt have that Jordanesque quality of making players better. Lebron shows a little bit more of that. Lebron put up 25+ 7 and 7 last year at 19 years old. Those stats are only matched by Oscar Robertson 3 times and Larry Bird once. Jordan never even did it. Plus lets not forget that Lebron only takes about 18 shots a game compared to Kobe's 30. So if you want to make a fair comparison of Lebron at 20 vs Kobe at 20 or any other player in the history of the game Lebron is hands down the most developed player for his age. Look at Kobe's first few years and they are not even close. Or even Jordans final year at Carloina, which is where Lebron is now. Kobe is probably the best player in the league right now but Lebron has the ability to be better than Michael. He has more gifts than any player we have ever seen. With that said Jerry Stackhouse was supposed to be the next Michael 10 years ago so lets have this talk again in 15 years.

And for those of you that want to put AI in on this conversation please be realistic. He makes nobody better, is a locker room problem, and is obviously limited by his size (seen through all his injuries.) He is a great player but you cant begin to put him at the top until his own team stops trying to trade him year after year.

351R
¯
Member # 5053

"And for those of you that want to put AI in on this conversation please be realistic. He makes nobody better, is a locker room problem, and is obviously limited by his size (seen through all his injuries.) He is a great player but you cant begin to put him at the top until his own team stops trying to trade him year after year. "

YOUR TRIPPEN-REALISTLY IVERSON OR KOBE HAS A CAST AROUND THEM TO COMPLIMENT THEIR GAME."ARE YOU WATCHING THESE GAME OR JUST HIGHLIGHTS OR ARE YOU JUST HIGH"IVERSON WAS BROUGHT IN TO THIS BECAUSE LIKE KOBE HE HAS NO PLAYERS-JUST ROOKIES AND A PLAYER STILL STUCK AT MICHIGAN CALLN TIME OUT W/O TIME OUTS.GET YA WEIGHT UP PIMP BEFORE YOU MAKE UNREALISTIC QUOTES-ESPECIALLY ABOUT IVO [B][/B]

[ March 23, 2006, 12:44 AM: Message edited by: 351R ]

--------------------
66 COUPE
88CHP/FOR SALE

"THE STREET DISCIPLE"
"SOON THEY WILL BELIEVE"

1990Silver5.0
¯
Member # 6210

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1990Silver5.0  Ford pictures for 1990Silver5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I see alot of Kobe haters on this board.

--------------------
1995 Impala SS
1992 GT Convert. 5.0 auto -sold-
1990 Lx Convert. 5.0(parted)
1992 Lx Hatchback 5.0-sold-:)
1990 5.0 Notchback -SOLD-:(

TrueBlue
¯
Member # 1063

quote:
Originally posted by 351R:
" Being in California I wonder why. The stats are the proof that being said this [/B] be close, there is no real argument of who is the "overall" best player...LJ."

I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE MAJORITY OF THIS BOARD-KOBE [B]

Yeah I know...

--------------------
KB '01 GT

351R
¯
Member # 5053

IF YOU CANT SEE THAT IVO OR KOBE HAS NO GOOD TEAM MEMBERS-YOUR BLIND,DONT WATCH THE GAMES,SO YOUR OPINIONS ARE POINTLESS.THESE ARE 2 OF THE BEST NBA PLAYER BUT CANT DO TO MUCH OF ANYTHING BECAUSE THEY ARE SO GOOD THERE TEAM CANT AFFORD TO BRING GOOD PLAYERS IN SO THEY HAVE TO KEEP TRADING FOR LEMAR ODOMS OR HASBENS(HOW EVER U SPELL IT)LET IVO OR KOBE GET ANOTHER BIG MAN LIKE KG,TIM,NOT ONLY WOULD THEY MAKE THE PLAYOFFS BUT THEY WOULD BE WONDERING WHO THEY WILL BE FACING N DA FINALS.EVEN WHEN IVO WENT TO THE FINALS-HE HAD TO CARRY THE TEAM PAST MILWALKEE-THEY HAD SQUAD(NOT ONLY THE BUCKS)PAST HARD ASS TEAMS TO GET MOTUMBO NO OFFENSIVE ASS WITH MCKIE,AND SNOE?PLAYN DA LAKERS-SHAQ? OOOOH WHATA SQUAD-YEA ONE PLAYER MADE THAT HAPPEN-AND THATS THE SAME THING KOBE IS DOIN NOW-"MAN I KNOW MY SHIT"

[ March 23, 2006, 12:58 AM: Message edited by: 351R ]

--------------------
66 COUPE
88CHP/FOR SALE

"THE STREET DISCIPLE"
"SOON THEY WILL BELIEVE"

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Think of the situation Kobe came into. He came into a organized proven offense (the triangle). Being coached by a Hall of Famer that coached the best player/team on the planet. SO he had to fit into the offense straight from jump. Not be the offense. If Kobe came in with the same green light that LeBron has, of course he could do that and light it up. But Kobe thrived in a set offense. With a Shaq in the middle. SO those numbers are a bit biased. I am not saying LeBron isnt good. As I stated he is more athletic IMO. But that doesnt equate to much in the clutch if you make ill-advised decisions. All I am really saying is that Kobe thinks the game better than LJ. And like they say "If If was a fifth we'd all be drunk". You really cant say LJ is going to be better in the future. His future is bright, but for now Kobe is the dude.

And I'd still take D-Wade and AI over LJ.

v6mustanglover
¯
Member # 545

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v6mustanglover  Ford pictures for v6mustanglover  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
YOUR TRIPPEN-REALISTLY IVERSON OR KOBE HAS A CAST AROUND THEM TO COMPLIMENT THEIR GAME."ARE YOU WATCHING THESE GAME OR JUST HIGHLIGHTS OR ARE YOU JUST HIGH"IVERSON WAS BROUGHT IN TO THIS BECAUSE LIKE KOBE HE HAS NO PLAYERS-JUST ROOKIES AND A PLAYER STILL STUCK AT MICHIGAN CALLN TIME OUT W/O TIME OUTS.GET YA WEIGHT UP PIMP BEFORE YOU MAKE UNREALISTIC QUOTES-ESPECIALLY ABOUT IVO [B][/B] [/QB][/QUOTE]
The reason Kobe and AI have no team around them is their own fault. Kobe sent away 3 hall of famers and now has guys watching him. AI has done the same thing. His team watches him. Thats the difference between good and great. Michael, Larry, and Magic made ok players good. Kobe and AI leave them at their level. Individually they are great but there has never been a player to outscore another team by himself. If AI was great he would be a leader and make his teamates better. Until then he will just be good.

--------------------
Adam
2004 F150 Crew Cab
6" and 35's

306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306Coupe  Ford pictures for 306Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by v6mustanglover:
YOUR TRIPPEN-REALISTLY IVERSON OR KOBE HAS A CAST AROUND THEM TO COMPLIMENT THEIR GAME."ARE YOU WATCHING THESE GAME OR JUST HIGHLIGHTS OR ARE YOU JUST HIGH"IVERSON WAS BROUGHT IN TO THIS BECAUSE LIKE KOBE HE HAS NO PLAYERS-JUST ROOKIES AND A PLAYER STILL STUCK AT MICHIGAN CALLN TIME OUT W/O TIME OUTS.GET YA WEIGHT UP PIMP BEFORE YOU MAKE UNREALISTIC QUOTES-ESPECIALLY ABOUT IVO [B][/B]

The reason Kobe and AI have no team around them is their own fault. Kobe sent away 3 hall of famers and now has guys watching him. AI has done the same thing. His team watches him. Thats the difference between good and great. Michael, Larry, and Magic made ok players good. Kobe and AI leave them at their level. Individually they are great but there has never been a player to outscore another team by himself. If AI was great he would be a leader and make his teamates better. Until then he will just be good. [/QB][/QUOTE]

[patriot] [patriot]

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Truly great players make others around them better. Jordan, Magic, and Bird all had this quality.

AI, Mcgrady, LB don't.

You heard it here folks

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
v6mustanglover
¯
Member # 545

quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
Truly great players make others around them better. Jordan, Magic, and Bird all had this quality.

AI, Mcgrady, LB don't.

You heard it here folks

I agree with your point except to say so far Lebron has done a decent job of making others better. He is not yet in that category but is well on his way.

--------------------
Adam
2004 F150 Crew Cab
6" and 35's

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com