Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » what would u do (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: what would u do
stangnut
¯
Member # 5937

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangnut  Ford pictures for stangnut    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lets say u got a shop an a customer brings u a brand new crate motor 351 long block from ford. an wants all this work done to it.every month that goes buy he will tell some situation that he is in, that is just prolongin the process.5 months go buy an nothing i found myself storing some ones motor.i told him i wanted 50 bucks for storage.he got upset . i told him he can pick it up free of charge .tecknicaly i have done nothing with it but push it around many times as it got in my way.no hard feelings just come get it out of my way.this is not a storage facilty.2 months go by an i call him.an he tell's me that he's tring to find another shop to take it to so he doesn't have to transport the motor twice.is this what he's been doin for the last two months.an what does that have to do with me? again i am not a storage place.an its not like i got a bunch of room to start with.so i told him if he doesn't get it out of here by fri this week, i'm gonna sell it for 100 bucks on ca fords to u guys.now again this is a brand new from the ford dealer crate motor 351 non roller long block.did i say brand new ? no brand spankin new !i am only gonna want 100 bucks by fri.on top of that i'm gonna give him the money for it.<100 bucks>.i don't want this motor i just want it the hell outa here ,am i wrong for this? this is a bussiness. any other shop would have sold it in the first month of this bull shit an kept the money.i try an be under standing but 5 6 7 months of storage no money at all was givin to me .what the hell am i to do .give me some replys back please am i trippin?

[ February 28, 2006, 07:41 PM: Message edited by: stangnut ]

Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd buy it from you [Wink]

Let me know ha.

Anyways I'm sure he signed a work order which stated that any items left over xx amount of time without prior arrangements become the property of the shop.

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
Stangenthusiast77
¯
Member # 6307

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stangenthusiast77  Ford pictures for Stangenthusiast77    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LEt be rational. YOu own a shop. You have the man's belongings in your hands. Therefore your held responsible for whatever happens to it--unless no written documents/paperwork has been signed and agreed upon by both parties. TO prevent lawsuits I would call the man up and tell him straight up that your going to leave the engine in the back or wherever and telling him your not responsible if something happens to it--like selling it to me for $100. I by the way, am interested and have a fedex account. no charges on your behave to ship it.

--------------------
Currently wanting to trade my aero-nose stang for a Four-eyed. Rolling car for Rolling car.

Posts: 68 | From: Los Angeles County | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think you absolutely right...especially if you've been telling him to pick it up.

All shops usually have some sort of storage fee for cars left there for an extended period, why should this be any different.

PS, where can I send you the $100 check. [Big Grin]

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

Stangenthusiast77
¯
Member # 6307

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stangenthusiast77  Ford pictures for Stangenthusiast77    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am in the market of purchasing a block. How does $200 sound?

--------------------
Currently wanting to trade my aero-nose stang for a Four-eyed. Rolling car for Rolling car.

Posts: 68 | From: Los Angeles County | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have 101 cash. can be there wherever you are in 10 minutes. jk.. but no, i've got 100 bucks for ya. [Big Grin]
people like that are not resposible at all. you should call him, tell him to come pick it up by the end of the week or you'll leave the engine outside. i think it's generous of your part to not charge him for the storage fees. if he's looking for his another place then he should have taken the engine right then and there.
good luck.
pm me and i'll pick it up when you are ready [Big Grin]

--------------------
=(

DOPE 50
¯
Member # 5892

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DOPE 50  Ford pictures for DOPE 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
fuck it man ill take it too [Big Grin] lmk,he shouldnt have left it and now its up for grabs [Big Grin]

--------------------
94 COBRA CLONE CONVERTIBLE
67 SS CHEVY NOVA,CAGED UP,TUBBED,FUEL CELL,ETC..IN THE WORKS.[67SSNOV]
91 INTEGRA ON 17'S
94 Ranger Getting lifted

johnson50
¯
Member # 4608

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnson50  Ford pictures for johnson50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
here's another one on the list! im up for buyin it. [Razz]

--------------------
2003 10th anniv. cobra
2.3l gen2 Whipple
AED Tuned
HP/TQ: too much!

Posts: 256 | From: fairfield/suisun | Registered: Jun 2004  |  :
306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306Coupe  Ford pictures for 306Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here's the real story. I felt Jon was a friend and was going to have him do the complete work on a new project. So I took him the motor and told him it may be a couple of months until I got the car to my house. In return I would give him a motor with some edelbrock aluminum heads, holley systemax II intake, 24 lbs injectors....etc. He said ok. It took me about four months to figure out what I wanted to do and get the car to my house. But in the mean time I would go by his shop and have other work done, such as brakes, rack and pinion and other misc. stuff that I paid him for. So about a month and a half ago I called him up and told him I was going to order the kit and have it delivered to his shop. At that time he says before anything he wants me to pay $100 storage few (which was a completely new thing, which he had never mentioned before). This caught me by suprised and angered me a little. We agreed on $50 for storage up to that point but I said I didn't want him doing my motor (for more reasons than the storage fee). I told him he could charge me a storage fee until I picked it up. This is where the story ends.

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

1FAST89GT
¯
Member # 5071

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1FAST89GT  Ford pictures for 1FAST89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its yours to do with what u will. u can come store it my house and i 'll pay u 100 for it no prob [Big Grin]
SmokeyBurnout
¯
Member # 5745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokeyBurnout  Ford pictures for SmokeyBurnout    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Whoo Whooooo!] for more drama on the site! [dance]
jadesville
¯
Member # 5885

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jadesville  Ford pictures for jadesville  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
$102, a 6-pack, a banana, a gumball and some icebreakers, its all i got [worship]

--------------------
1968 Hardtop Coupe

Posts: 229 | From: Portland, OR | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
we are on a roll this week.
cafords, never a dull moment.

--------------------
=(

89 FAKE SNAKE
¯
Member # 4531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 FAKE SNAKE  Ford pictures for 89 FAKE SNAKE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so is the owner goin to pick it up? pay for storage? or the shop jus goi to get ride of it?there is always a consequence for every action. [patriot]

--------------------
90 COUPE
01 R1 (stock)
04 XR-50(stroked)
06 TT-R50E
SRA & PWA member

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
another thread gone wrong man pick up your motor 4months to figure out what your doing come on you dont have the money to do what you realy want so your stalling, keep it at your house till you figure it out. not at this mans shop [BS flag]

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
stangnut
¯
Member # 5937

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangnut  Ford pictures for stangnut    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
man i thought i was doin the freindly thing lettin it sit around for months. but i felt my butt gittin a little sore from gettin fucked! no more come get ur shit.
88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is a perfect example of how money comes between so called "friends".

This guy has a shop, not a place to store shit. Just pay the fee and take the engine back. $50-100 is WAY cheaper than 4 months at a real storage place.

Chalk it up as a learning experience and move on.

PS I'll give you cash for it and a 12 pack of Corona like last time I bought stuff from you. [Cool]

[ March 01, 2006, 01:24 PM: Message edited by: 88DroptopGT ]

liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 88DroptopGT:
This is a perfect example of how money comes between so called "friends".

This guy has a shop, not a place to store shit. Just pay the fee and take the engine back. $50-100 is WAY cheaper than 4 months at a real storage place.

Chalk it up as a learning experience and move on.

exactly!
[patriot] [worship]

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
stangnut
¯
Member # 5937

i wasn't gonna say who it was but if u read the post's youll see who it is .yeah i like u .but this is bussiness.if u would of been anybody else, on delivery of your motor would of been a healthy deposite of cash , with a signed work order!that is business.u gave me a story that u had to get it out of where it was <proabably owed storage somewhere else there to>an things were tough at the moment an u werent sure what u were doin an could u bring it to my shop an i do the work.so i helped u out !wasn't that a freindly gesture?i don't get a thank you for that alone?i didn't ask for for no money up front or anything i stored your motor for 6 7 months.not a thank u for that either?been tellin u to do somthin for quite a while take it or build it.50 bucks storage is not what i offer anyone else ever!an i'm the bad guy?i even had to store your bike after i fixed it for 20 buck!which u bicthed about. i charge 75 dollars an hour to my freinds an to my customers.my real freinds respect me an what i'm doin, they no i gotta live too. i provide a service just like pge u can't go to the electric company an be like can i bum some ele for like 6 7 months cause were freinds.i got this thoery rite ! this is what it is i don't trust a mother fuckin person that i don't know for at least 3 to 4 years.you can really know a person by then, i don't fuck nobody!i can go anywhere i fuckin want an ain't gotta trip of shit just for that reason.an if i get fucked it's a different story altogether.i don't feel like u fucked me or at least on purpose, but u did take advantage of me maybe on purpose maybe not.i don't care i got other things to worry about.so i said give me 50 bucks more for incentive to get the move with this project.two months later an your still lookin for a shop so u don't have to move the motor twice, i take that as border line of annal sex, which by no means am i into.so by sellin your motor by fri should be incentive enough by itself. an if givin u the lousy 100 bucks ain't a freindly gesture of man i don't want nothin more than my space back then I'M REALLY CONFUSED. i really just hope u get it back asap!cause your treatin these like some guy u owe 1 dollar too, youll get to it when u get to it.an if he don't get it on fri who ever was the first post on this thread gets it for a 100 bucks! u can pay< 306 coupe >your self.
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by stangnut:
who ever was the first post on this thread gets it for a 100 bucks!

that be me [patriot]

I'll be waiting thanks. [Smile]

and to top it off I'll pay for storage. [Wink]

We've had some of these at the shop and what usually happens we call em up tell them they need to pick it up or it'll be pushed out to the street. Guess what we take back whatever we did and they get rolled right into the street. The cars usually get stolen or vandalized before they are picked up by the city since we are kind enough to leave the keys in it and 1/8 of tank of gas.

This isn't love it's BUSINESS!

[ March 01, 2006, 01:56 PM: Message edited by: Fostang ]

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
go get your motor homie. I can see this one gettin ugly quick. I know a few places you can store it, but it will cost. But at least you will still have your motor.

Dropped you a pm , reply for more details.

Edit
I can store it for you at my cousins house (where I store my other shit). But youwould have to get it to stockton.

[ March 01, 2006, 02:09 PM: Message edited by: n8y8 ]

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Don't burn a bridge over 100 buck's. The guy stored Your engine for 7 month's and now for whatever reason You don't want Him to do the work anymore so You should at least give Him something for storing it for You. Obviously it is'nt easy to find somewhere else to put it or You would of already done it rite?

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im not goin to comment on anything, even though i have a shit load of opnions, comments, jokes, etc. to add to this thread,, i just want to see how many pages it reaches by the evening,, ...p.S. Who has the popcorn? [Razz]

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306Coupe  Ford pictures for 306Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Last comment... He will get his $100 for storage, motor will be picked up by Friday. End of story.

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

SPEC -Fabrication
¯
Member # 4980

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SPEC -Fabrication  Ford pictures for SPEC -Fabrication    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 306Coupe:
Here's the real story. I felt Jon was a friend and was going to have him do the complete work on a new project. So I took him the motor and told him it may be a couple of months until I got the car to my house. In return I would give him a motor with some edelbrock aluminum heads, holley systemax II intake, 24 lbs injectors....etc. He said ok. It took me about four months to figure out what I wanted to do and get the car to my house. But in the mean time I would go by his shop and have other work done, such as brakes, rack and pinion and other misc. stuff that I paid him for. So about a month and a half ago I called him up and told him I was going to order the kit and have it delivered to his shop. At that time he says before anything he wants me to pay $100 storage few (which was a completely new thing, which he had never mentioned before). This caught me by suprised and angered me a little. We agreed on $50 for storage up to that point but I said I didn't want him doing my motor (for more reasons than the storage fee). I told him he could charge me a storage fee until I picked it up. This is where the story ends.

4-5 months to figure out that you have gotten in over your head? [Confused] , Sounds like theres more to this story than what your saying...
This ones for JON [patriot]

--------------------
1999 Saleen#124
1997 Tahoe
2006 ZX636R
CWS certified welder

Posts: 1321 | From: drinkin BEER! | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com