Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » . (Page 4)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: .
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just to let you all know that myspace has been deleting the coding from peoples profiles. I don't know why but they are amking it so you can't use this anymore.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

93cobracoupestang
¯
Member # 5765

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93cobracoupestang  Ford pictures for 93cobracoupestang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what is the code? i could not find it on the web page....

--------------------
1993 Lx Coupe.....a couple bolt ons.

2007 Suzuki GSX-R 600

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93cobracoupestang:
what is the code? i could not find it on the web page....

you need to register to the site and then up on the left corner of your webbrowser should be a "get Stats code"

Also a reminder this code will not let your profile on myspace load for anyone using Internet Explorer.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

93cobracoupestang
¯
Member # 5765

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93cobracoupestang  Ford pictures for 93cobracoupestang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
but i can always take it off right?

--------------------

2007 Suzuki GSX-R 600

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by 93cobracoupestang:
but i can always take it off right?

yeah

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

93cobracoupestang
¯
Member # 5765

im clicking the get stats code however its not loading?

--------------------

2007 Suzuki GSX-R 600

93cobracoupestang
¯
Member # 5765

nm its loaded now

--------------------

2007 Suzuki GSX-R 600

Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camaro Kid Z/28  Ford pictures for Camaro Kid Z/28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
they took it off my site! [Mad]

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2649130
"4-eyes forever essay!"

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Please send messages and emails to Tom and other Myspace points of contact including the forums on Myspace anyway you can to let them know that ProfileSnoop is not a bad thing and how it has helped you personally as an individual or a parent. Fight for the right to have ProfileSnoop on your Myspace page instead of Myspace blocking it. These are your personal details you are putting on Myspace and in your blogs you should have every right to know who is looking at them right?

Late today, Friday February 24th 2006, Myspace started stripping out the domain that is in the code that you paste into your Myspace profile in order to track who visits your profile. On the Myspace forums moderators were told to gather the domains of the trackers to ban them and have the domain stripped from their profiles. It appears that ProfileSnoop is in some sort of privacy violation but there really isn't a clear explanation on what specifically our service touches on as far as to violate it. I would think that with all the negative publicity that Myspace has had in the news recently concerning internet stalkers, especially with parents that have kids with Myspace accounts, that this service would allow monitoring not only of individual users accounts but of the accounts belonging to children by their parents. Some example of those new stories are below and this is only one news station.

http://www.nbc4.com/news/6881111/detail.html

http://www.nbc4.com/video/6871301/index.html (video)

http://www.nbc4.com/video/6889127/index.html (video part 2)

http://www.nbc4.com/news/6847072/detail.html

http://www.nbc4.com/family/5302966/detail.html

On the Myspace forums it was stated by a moderator that:

"Myspace.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject, refuse to post or remove any posting (including email) by you, or to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of the Website and/or Services at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice, and without liability."

Be that as it may you yourself are solely responsible if you put the code on your Myspace and it gets deleted. In addition it was stated by a moderator quoting the terms of service:

"Using this also violates the privacy regulations in the TOS because you are collecting information from people without their knowledge, and if you are allowed to do so, Myspace has NO CONTROL over what you can do with that information and if someone is a hacker, it can be used for destructive purposes.
Prohibited Content includes Content that:
ix. solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users;
You represent and warrant that:
(ii) your Content does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyright rights, intellectual property rights, or any other rights of any person"

The only information that would cause this much uproar is the ip/isp information listed on the today detailed page. Therefore to try and comply with Myspace's terms of service I have removed this feature and this will no longer be available to the members of ProfileSnoop. My interest here is to try and provide a service that is in full compliance with the rules and regulations that Myspace has set forth on their website. My intentions is to keep this service up for a long as possible and comply fully with Myspace to the best of my ability to keep this place from being shut down in any way shape or form.

This service was made so people who get a handful of visitors a day to see who was looking at their profile or perhaps a concerned parent can monitor their children's online activity to an extent. Any Myspace account that gets more then around 100 or so visits a day will be removed from our servers. Those that have Myspace accounts that get that many visits has no purpose using our service as it is completely useless to them.

If any of the Myspace employees or IT individuals in the Myspace company would like to contact me so that I may reassure them about the intent of this website please do so using the contact links on this website

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

z pyro
¯
Member # 3745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for z pyro  Ford pictures for z pyro    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i was wondering why it wasnt working anymore.....lol

--------------------
'95 Integra LS
'08 Buell XB12R Firebolt
'65 Mustang 289 - soon to be 306

Posts: 1732 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
cees87drop
¯
Member # 4066

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cees87drop  Ford pictures for cees87drop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it's still working for me, but i only had it on for three day.
510_STANG
¯
Member # 4252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 510_STANG  Ford pictures for 510_STANG  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cees87drop:
it's still working for me, but i only had it on for three day.

me too lol
SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Camaro Kid Z/28:
they took it off my site! [Mad]

I know thatt is BULLIT!!! [BS flag] [Mad] [BS flag] [Mad]

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com