Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Cars Getting Stolen!! (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Cars Getting Stolen!!
Snurtle
¯
Member # 6474

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Snurtle  Ford pictures for Snurtle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well i just found out from a neighbor that 2 cars have been stolen in 3 days on the street over from me...i have a 97c5 an 01 excursion and a 98 t/a and i am curious does ne1 know of nething i can do to disable the car from being stolen.I.E. on the 5.0 removing the rotor from the distrubutor...something so that the only way there gonna steal it is if they tow it in a flatbed..thanks and i live in castro valley so be careful guys and thanks for the input..and i cant garage my cars sorry

--------------------
T/A- cam..gears..exhaust..heads.125 shot
C5- cutout..lowered..slotted rotors..
EX- 14inch lift..41 SS

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
remove the coil wire. or disconnect something onthe ignition
Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The best way is to park it in a garage.
Other than that there is no way to "prevent" one from being stolen. All someone has to do is tow it.

If you can't do that then get a pager alarm and lojack. That way if someone trys to break into your car it pages you. If they drive off with it then you can track it w/ lojack.

BTW, it's probably NOT a good idea for people to post their "secret" anti-theft tricks as ANYONE including theives can read these forums [Wink]

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
people dont have alarms? My alarm trips if the car is tipped, I have the proximity detection, engine kill, auto start, key chain indicator...the works. I would invest in the best alarm possible. Plus it stays in the garage and my others are in storage.
tonster
¯
Member # 6093

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for tonster  Ford pictures for tonster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
fuel cut-off switches are easy to do, plus you can put the switch wherever you want to.

[ February 08, 2006, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: tonster ]

svt306snake
¯
Member # 1967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt306snake  Ford pictures for svt306snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
buy an expensive alarm not a cheap one

--------------------
F*** TPS MOTORSPORTS F *** TPS MOTORSPORTS THEY SUCK ASS

TEAM TRUE FORGED X 2 SPONSORED

CAPITAL MUSTANG C.C.

Posts: 5841 | From: SACRAMENTO "916" YA KNOW | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by svt306snake:
buy an expensive alarm not a cheap one

[patriot] I learned after loosing my car... I got a paging alarm. Mine was taken using a tow truck right out of my driveway. No matter how many wires you pull or things you unplug they wont stop it from being towed away.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Without a doubt get a paging alarm and if you can run a switch to your fuel pump. Also look into one of those brake pedal locks and put it on your clutch pedal so that even if they get in they cant drive it or start it because they cant push down the clutch pedal. A lot of theives are able to get under your hood by pulling the hood release so you should look into hood locks that require a key. and if you really want to make it immoble take out your ecu at night.

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
yohuallin
¯
Member # 4452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yohuallin  Ford pictures for yohuallin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
find the rellay for the fuel pump, usually underneath the driver seat, cut one fo the wires, put a switch on it, and hide it... real simple...
Posts: 359 | From: sacramento | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
Snurtle
¯
Member # 6474

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Snurtle  Ford pictures for Snurtle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the fuel relay i can do on all 3 cars>?

--------------------
EX- 14inch lift..41 SS

87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87Fox916  Ford pictures for 87Fox916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Alarms will not do much no matter how much you spend on it. If the person has a tow, it will be gone. The best prevention is to put in the garage.

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

Posts: 1652 | From: SACRAMENTO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
yohuallin
¯
Member # 4452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yohuallin  Ford pictures for yohuallin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Snurtle:
the fuel relay i can do on all 3 cars>?

yes you can do it in any car, you dont really have to find the fuel pump really, you can any wire that goes into the comp... any wire that is not connected the car wont start, hey now that i dont have a job i could do that for ya, really clean job, im getting my MECP certification (mobile electronic certified professional) let me know if you live around the 650 area (i really need to start making some money on the side) [patriot]

[ February 09, 2006, 01:22 AM: Message edited by: yohuallin ]

Posts: 359 | From: sacramento | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
5OHS5OH
¯
Member # 4665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5OHS5OH  Ford pictures for 5OHS5OH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If I HAD to park my stang outside, I would sink an eye bolt in the driveway and chain up the axel every night with some huge diameter chain.

--------------------
89 Convertable GT
BBK Headers, cai

Posts: 1044 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 5OHS5OH:
If I HAD to park my stang outside, I would sink an eye bolt in the driveway and chain up the axel every night with some huge diameter chain.

As crazy as that shit sounds it is actually a really good idea [burnout]
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 92stangLX:
quote:

I could so picture you walking out in the morning and still having your 8.8 with the rest of your car gone [Big Grin]

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Copello
¯
Member # 1534

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for Copello  Ford pictures for Copello    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The excursion should have the pats key in it, check by looking at the dash for a theft light when you turn the key on. If it has that then it is harder to steal then a car with no distributor in it, unless they have a $10k ford scanner but they would still need to chill in the truck for 15 min while its passing security access. [patriot] Most 96+ mustangs have this too.

--------------------
91 GT
73 RS Camaro

Posts: 1309 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
84GT5.0
¯
Member # 5227

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 84GT5.0  Ford pictures for 84GT5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Team SOLO:
quote:
quote:

I could so picture you walking out in the morning and still having your 8.8 with the rest of your car gone [Big Grin]
lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
RIP Russell W. Krill

Snurtle
¯
Member # 6474

haulin give me a call...if u could drive out here that b best so u can do them all at once...510-566-3247...i will b around all day...thanks i will shoot u some good funds...

--------------------
EX- 14inch lift..41 SS

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
swap over to a detachable grant streerign wheel...how can they drive it with no steering wheel??lock the wheel and take it off..try moving it

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
5OHS5OH
¯
Member # 4665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5OHS5OH  Ford pictures for 5OHS5OH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
swap over to a detachable grant streerign wheel...how can they drive it with no steering wheel??lock the wheel and take it off..try moving it
They don't need to drive it, only tow it.

Like I said above, chain that mutha down into the driveway. Sure, some shit might get bent, but bent is better than gone.

--------------------
89 Convertable GT
BBK Headers, cai

Snurtle
¯
Member # 6474

thats the besy idea i have heard....how hard is it to put an eye bolt in the concrete?

--------------------
EX- 14inch lift..41 SS

5OHS5OH
¯
Member # 4665

I'm no concrete guy, but I would imagine the larget drill you can get your hands on, a huge masonry bit and go as deep as you can go. You'll probably crack the driveway and your fuged if you hit rebar, but I wouldn't worry about it. The deeper the better. The chain should be stout as well. I think it would work well because when they tow it they are pulling it forward (or backward) and the depth of the eye bolt would hopefully prevent the car from being pulled.

--------------------
89 Convertable GT
BBK Headers, cai

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
drill a big (3/4" or equiv.) in the concrete, sink in a lag shield, thread in the I-bolt. heck, it might even work to say screw the lag shield and go ahead and toss some ready-mix down there.

phil

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

Ford Icon 10 posted      Profile for 87Fox916  Ford pictures for 87Fox916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

LMAO.

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

Posts: 1652 | From: SACRAMENTO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
PWR HNGRY 302
¯
Member # 6000

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PWR HNGRY 302  Ford pictures for PWR HNGRY 302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 95GTConvtACE:
quote:
quote:
quote:

LMAO.
lol [Big Grin]

--------------------
87 Fox- Restoration in progress
2014 Tacoma DCLB MGM
2017 Prius Prime (The Daily)

Posts: 2655 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com