Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Opinion please officers (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Opinion please officers
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by archersgt:
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
quote:
Originally posted by silverLX:
quote:
quote:
in the rain

Ya, sure the judge will think it was real safe.......
We both have a good idea how Judges think
Unfortunately Brandon is dead on correct [Frown]

You will lose your license. You really need to step up and take responsibility for what you did. You did an extremely unsafe thing in the rain. You passed a cop, c'mon man. Step up.

No, it was for a good reason, it was a safe unsafe lane change/pass, i was ONLY going 15mph over the speed limit ETC........

Yea, I know im going to lose it. I was just wondering what else might happen, and how long I would lose it for.
i had a similar situation, not the same cited stuff (still multiples) but i had my cdl for 21 days, if i hadnt proved the cop wrong, and all the charges stuck, I would have lost my cdl for a month, according to the judge

and I have to ask, why did you pass a cop in the center lane [Big Grin]

was it unmarked or some other type of car

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

silverLX
¯
Member # 3207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for silverLX  Ford pictures for silverLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
1-3 month suspension, a fine, but most likely traffic school.

could be wrong, but thats my experience

--------------------
88LX hatch 410w
88LX vert gears, exhaust
95GT H/C/I

Posts: 1613 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArchersGT  Ford pictures for ArchersGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I'd guess a little while man. Please step up and be safe. Don't speed, drive with others in your car you know shouldn't, make STUPID passes, lane changes, ETC. Learn from mine and Brandon's "STUPID" fucking mistakes. The fun you "think" it is will only cost you a LOT of money in fines, insurance, AND CAN VERY WELL HURT OR KILL SOMEONE when you never have the intention of doing that.

Be safe, and enjoy your car [patriot]

For sure. After the sitation I havent done anything really. I usually stay 5 mph under the limit now just cause I get pulled over for everything here. It was a stupid thing to do, but I had just got my license and was trying to show off. Lesson Learned.

--------------------
86' LX Vert

silverLX
¯
Member # 3207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for silverLX  Ford pictures for silverLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I believe the cop was an unmarked Impala

[ January 24, 2006, 10:54 PM: Message edited by: silverLX ]

--------------------
88LX hatch 410w
88LX vert gears, exhaust
95GT H/C/I

ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArchersGT  Ford pictures for ArchersGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by silverLX:
quote:
quote:
in the rain

Ya, sure the judge will think it was real safe.......
We both have a good idea how Judges think
Unfortunately Brandon is dead on correct [Frown]

You will lose your license. You really need to step up and take responsibility for what you did. You did an extremely unsafe thing in the rain. You passed a cop, c'mon man. Step up.

No, it was for a good reason, it was a safe unsafe lane change/pass, i was ONLY going 15mph over the speed limit ETC........

Yea, I know im going to lose it. I was just wondering what else might happen, and how long I would lose it for.
i had a similar situation, not the same cited stuff (still multiples) but i had my cdl for 21 days, if i hadnt proved the cop wrong, and all the charges stuck, I would have lost my cdl for a month, according to the judge

and I have to ask, why did you pass a cop in the center lane [Big Grin]

was it unmarked or some other type of car

It was a fucking undercover impala [Mad] . I remember always seeing that car and saying you would have to be stupid to fall for that crap. [Big Grin] I didnt know it was a cop till I was turning into my friend Complex parking lot and there were lights right behind me.

--------------------
86' LX Vert

ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

quote:
Also, how does it work when you lose your license. Do you hand it over right there, or do you get a starting date for when you cant drive? And how do you get it back, is it just valid after the time period or do I have to go back to the court house or the Dmv?

--------------------
86' LX Vert

ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

Anyone know?

--------------------
86' LX Vert

ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

?

--------------------
86' LX Vert

silverLX
¯
Member # 3207

The judge will ask you to hand it over, and to come back in a certain amount of time to probabbly get it back

--------------------
88LX hatch 410w
88LX vert gears, exhaust
95GT H/C/I

UKCobra
¯
Member # 1240

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UKCobra  Ford pictures for UKCobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you lose it don't expect to be able to drive away from the court. Heard of a few people who got caught by the judge on their way out. Take someone who can drive you home.

As far as getting it back, I think the DMV notify you, and you have to go to a local DMV to get it back etc.

At least, that's what I witnessed in Fremont when I was getting my CA DL.

Mark

--------------------
1994 Mustang Cobra Pace Car #938
1995 Mustang Cobra R #61

Posts: 436 | From: Reading, UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: May 2002  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what codes were you cited with?
good luck.. you might have a point with mitigating circumstances but it would be really hard to prove.. good luck

--------------------
=(

ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

Center Turn lane passing,transporting passengers with provisional license.

--------------------
86' LX Vert

84GT5.0
¯
Member # 5227

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 84GT5.0  Ford pictures for 84GT5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i think you do have to surrender it to them [patriot]

--------------------
RIP Russell W. Krill

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I'd guess a little while man. Please step up and be safe. Don't speed, drive with others in your car you know shouldn't, make STUPID passes, lane changes, ETC. Learn from mine and Brandon's "STUPID" fucking mistakes. The fun you "think" it is will only cost you a LOT of money in fines, insurance, AND CAN VERY WELL HURT OR KILL SOMEONE when you never have the intention of doing that.

damned good advice! [worship] [worship] [worship]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
84GT5.0
¯
Member # 5227

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 84GT5.0  Ford pictures for 84GT5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 94gt:
quote:

damned good advice! [worship] [worship] [worship]
i didnt see that....best advice ive read in a while [patriot]

--------------------
RIP Russell W. Krill

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com