Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Any Heald College Students in here? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Any Heald College Students in here?
castor
¯
Member # 2765

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for castor  Ford pictures for castor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by AL STOCK:
Sooo by the reviews it seems like after you graduate there its hard to find a good paying job but the thing is, you NEED connects to get in the door - I built my connects already i know about 8 different Presidents, District Managers, LAN Admins, System Admins around the Bay Area that come to fedex daily and they all gave me their cards, told me right after i get my AS to contact them and get in with them - As long as i take step in the door in that field i will be good to go - Well im going for orientation tomorrow so ill see what other students are saying....

Thanks alot guys, i know what to expect from Heald - lol

I would suggest to get "in" with these people asap. The best way to learn and to get more "bang for your buck" is to do "hands-on" work WHILE attending school...don't wait until you graduate and then go out into the field, for IT. I cannot stress this enough. The last thing you want is to graduate, get job offers for 15 bucks an hour because you don't have any "experience." Get the experience under your belt while in school and I can almost guarantee you'll be making a lot more than everyone else in your class.
Good luck, and study hard! I graduated with a 4.0 as well. [patriot]

--------------------
SOLD!!! 7/07
Supercharged 92GT
352rwhp [old blower w/3 1/2lbs]
???rwhp w/S-Trim

2010 Acura MDX Tech/Entertainment
2013 Acura TL SH-AWD

Posts: 1457 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
UPDATE ::

Did alot of question asking today and found that recently Heald has signed more contracts with other Universitys , i talked to my Dean and she said after i recieve my AS degree and if my attendance and credits are good (above 3.0+) i can easily get into Cal State University or San Jose Or State University in SF [worship] And last years graduation polls indicated that 100% of the students from last year that graduated are working in their fields today - 2 years ago it was 98%..

What do you guys think of the update

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If your goal is to transfer to a UC, just go to a JC and get better resources, education is cheaper, more friendlier, more flexible class schedules, more transfer resources, and did I mention cheaper? Plus your AS will be more valid on paper. DOnt forget it is the resume that gets you in the door. And even in this day and age Heald just does not look good. Has a reputation for being an out route for slackers. (not saying that is true, but it is the image behind it). But like I said with the right determination you can make something good of a heald education.

I used to work at PeopleSoft, I was sorely over paid for what I did...

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by n8y8:
If your goal is to transfer to a UC, just go to a JC and get better resources, education is cheaper, more friendlier, more flexible class schedules, more transfer resources, and did I mention cheaper? Plus your AS will be more valid on paper. DOnt forget it is the resume that gets you in the door. And even in this day and age Heald just does not look good. Has a reputation for being an out route for slackers. (not saying that is true, but it is the image behind it). But like I said with the right determination you can make something good of a heald education.

I used to work at PeopleSoft, I was sorely over paid for what I did...

I understand what your saying but the the main thing is that im already accepted and signed the financial aid paperwork, if i just quit and dropout i will be charged or possibly get something negative into my credit report - just have that feeling ...

--------------------

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

88gt
Custom
Member # 579

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88gt  Ford pictures for 88gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Did alot of question asking today and found that recently Heald has signed more contracts with other Universitys , i talked to my Dean and she said after i recieve my AS degree and if my attendance and credits are good (above 3.0+) i can easily get into Cal State University or San Jose Or State University in SF [worship] And last years graduation polls indicated that 100% of the students from last year that graduated are working in their fields today - 2 years ago it was 98%..

You could easily get into SJ or SF state with a 3.0 gpa from a JC and save some money along the way.

There's also no way that I would believe that 100% of the students that graduated last year are working in their fields today. No way at all.

If you've already committed and set your mind to going there, then just make sure you get everything you can out of it. No use in looking back if you feel you made the right decision [patriot]

[ January 24, 2006, 05:50 PM: Message edited by: 88gt ]

Posts: 1482 | From: Santa Clara/Bay area | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 88gt:
just make sure you get everything you can out of it. No use in looking back if you feel you made the right decision [patriot]

Well said [patriot]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yea man heald is not the end of the world. You can still make good with it. After all I made good with the Oakland Public School system so it can be done. Dont be afraid to try things on your own and learn outside of heald. Good luck.
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Another thing i found out today is that you HAVE to wear dress clothing at Heald, Men HAVE to wear a TIE every school day except Fridays, No Jeans, No T Shirts - Has to be long sleeve shirts with a Tie [Eek!] I also talked to a DeVry counselor and she told me if i want i can come by DeVry and have a talk with her, their next semester begins March 3rd - If i attend a JC i would have to start from the bottom all the way to the top, meaning getting my Generals for 2years then adding on to my programm classes - Which will be 2 years just to get my generals, i can be graduated with Heald or DeVry by then in 18 months....

--------------------

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Five Decimal Zero
CAFords OG
Member # 1251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Five Decimal Zero  Ford pictures for Five Decimal Zero  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I hated wearing ties at Heald... one of my boys used to wear a tie with a short sleeved Polo shirt [Big Grin]
Posts: 972 | From: San Jose, California | Registered: May 2002  |  :
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

quote:
Originally posted by Five Decimal Zero:
I hated wearing ties at Heald... one of my boys used to wear a tie with a short sleeved Polo shirt [Big Grin]

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHAHAHAHAH - did you guys wear Ties everyday? Or just Mondays?

--------------------

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
quote:
Originally posted by 88gt:
just make sure you get everything you can out of it. No use in looking back if you feel you made the right decision [patriot]

Well said [patriot]
[patriot]

--------------------

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

I was given the same bs sales pitch when I went there. Come to think of it I am reminded of it each time I step onto a used car lot. Like I am about to get bent over by someone trying to make a quick buck at my expense. If you really are wanting to transfer, take a print out of the class's you will be taking at heald to the college you are going to go to after heald and find out which ones will qualify for transfer credit. I did this part of the way through and found out 2 of the many I had took would transfer. See even the UC's and State school's won't transfer most of their credits for good reason.
Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
tonster
¯
Member # 6093

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for tonster  Ford pictures for tonster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
don't sweat the dress code. its not like you get to choose what you'll wear when you're out in the field working anyhow. (or to some extent at least)
liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by n8y8:
Sorry if this has been said, but honestly I would just go to a JC then move on to a UC. If you pull good grades you can get all the grants and stuff (cal, pel grant and a few others). Plus your degree will hold more ground against other applicants. I had to hire a few people not too long ago and I interviewed a few folks that graduated from Heald and I will tell you that they really didnt know shit. I think that is more of a reflection of the school than the individual plus, I have heard nothing but bad things about heald and the grads. but you can take it upon yourself to expand your own knowledge on your own, and use Heald as a spring board. I started as a Network admin (BS in Comp Sci.) and got my MSCE and A+, But I have since moved on to programming and got my MCSD and MCP and no school IMO gets you ready for true on the job type tasks.

couldnt of said it better myself. That is the track I am on right now.

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Another thing i found out today is that you HAVE to wear dress clothing at Heald, Men HAVE to wear a TIE every school day except Fridays, No Jeans, No T Shirts - Has to be long sleeve shirts with a Tie [Eek!] I also talked to a DeVry counselor and she told me if i want i can come by DeVry and have a talk with her, their next semester begins March 3rd - If i attend a JC i would have to start from the bottom all the way to the top, meaning getting my Generals for 2years then adding on to my programm classes - Which will be 2 years just to get my generals, i can be graduated with Heald or DeVry by then in 18 months....

hate to break it to you but it doesnt take 2 years to get your generals... You can get all your generals done in 4 semesters if you wanted to (including summer)

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

quote:
Originally posted by boostin1.8:
quote:

hate to break it to you but it doesnt take 2 years to get your generals... You can get all your generals done in 4 semesters if you wanted to (including summer)
I went to SF Community College for 8 months, and yes it woulda took me 2 years - my cousin just got his associates in Electronics at SF City College after attending there for 4 years and he attends school 4 days a week, 8am to 1pm

--------------------

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

SEMPERFI510
¯
Member # 627

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SEMPERFI510  Ford pictures for SEMPERFI510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

I went to SF Community College for 8 months, and yes it woulda took me 2 years - my cousin just got his associates in Electronics at SF City College after attending there for 4 years and he attends school 4 days a week, 8am to 1pm
If it took him that long then he must of not taken many classes. I got my bachelors in 4.5 years.
Posts: 1766 | From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

quote:
Originally posted by SEMPERFI510:
quote:
quote:
quote:

If it took him that long then he must of not taken many classes. I got my bachelors in 4.5 years.
exactly, my fiance is getting her AA after this semester in design and this is her 2nd year. And for the past year she hasnt been full time....

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

N8
¯
Member # 6048

shit! 4 years for a AS degree? Thats like 4 unit a semester. And maybe re-taking some classes.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com