Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » PROCAR racing seats any good???

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: PROCAR racing seats any good???
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Like the topic says, are the PROCAR racing seats by SCAT any good?...I was thinking of getting some seats for my Merkur soon and I came across these in a ricer magazine...

They look OK, what do you guys think?...

BTW~I was leaning more toward the "Lightweight Racing seats-series 1750, $279ea.

http://www.procarbyscat.com/

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey.. i saw a couple of identical seats at pepboys.. i don't know the price or quality at all((i particularly wouldn't care). Let me tell you they were light.. very very light.. i lifted them up with one hand and not a lot of effort.

--------------------
=(

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No offense, but if you saw this exact brand at PepBoys then I will probably seek another brand...I'm looking more for function and comfort rather than looks...As far as I know PepBoys sell APC shit, which is all for looks if you ask me, but then again I've just started looking at seats...

BTW I'd get all black, not bright ass red ones....

Best "bang for buck" really.....

--------------------

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i dint' meant the same brand. i meant the same non-reclinable designed... as long as they are light.. i would get black. i only drive the car a couple times a week.

--------------------
=(

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
These Sparco's are pretty cheap...Atleast I know Sparco is a good name(FIA approved)

http://www.mc2racing.com/products/xr4ti/interior/seats/tuning/sparcospeed/index.html

--------------------

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ah go with a real racing seat. This is what we got. Safecraft

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Oh, ya, what is the purpose or intent? Just to hold you in? Do you plan on having a roll cage or being harnessed in?

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

I do plan a 4 piont cage later, but honestly the car is limited to (hard)street use with some possible track time...

I want to get atleast a 4 point harness to hold me in, the stock seat belts don't help especially with my leg disability (I have polio/partially paralized lower right leg)...

So, right now I mainly want a seat belt/seat combo to help me increase energy into actually driving instead of holding my place in the seat just to shift or steer...

btw those Safecraft look ok, any Livermore local dealers?...

--------------------

yipnip5.0
¯
Member # 175

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yipnip5.0  Ford pictures for yipnip5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BlackNGold:
I do plan a 4 piont cage later, but honestly the car is limited to (hard)street use with some possible track time...

I want to get atleast a 4 point harness to hold me in, the stock seat belts don't help especially with my leg disability (I have polio/partially paralized lower right leg)...

So, right now I mainly want a seat belt/seat combo to help me increase energy into actually driving instead of holding my place in the seat just to shift or steer...

btw those Safecraft look ok, any Livermore local dealers?...

not to get off topic, but since you mentioned it..I have to ask, how do you have polio?!!
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

quote:
Originally posted by yipnip5.0:
[QUOTE]not to get off topic, but since you mentioned it..I have to ask, how do you have polio?!!

...............Long story short, I got it from the vacine when I was born [Frown] ....

--------------------

racercosmo
¯
Member # 1864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racercosmo  Ford pictures for racercosmo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They are mostly an import shop but Modacar has Sparco seats and I think a few other brands.
The shop is on Los Positas, near Vasco.
www.modacar.com

--------------------
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

quote:
Originally posted by racercosmo:
They are mostly an import shop but Modacar has Sparco seats and I think a few other brands.
The shop is on Los Positas, near Vasco.
www.modacar.com

Yeah, I sell those guys Celica Engine parts for their Lotus Elise's all the time...I've never been there, I'll have to go make a visit...

Thanks

--------------------

racercosmo
¯
Member # 1864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racercosmo  Ford pictures for racercosmo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do you work for the Toyota dealer?
I worked for them during the summer helping them sort out the Lotus turbo kits.

For the original question, I don't know about the seats you mentioned, but Mustangs Plus does/ used to sell Procar seats. I had some in my 66 fastback, and I liked them. They weren't the best seats ever, but they were definitely midrange quality at least.

[ January 10, 2006, 09:28 PM: Message edited by: racercosmo ]

--------------------
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

t-top50
¯
Member # 2735

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for t-top50  Ford pictures for t-top50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was at the SEMA show last year 2005. I met with one of the ProCar reps. out of SoCal. They had all their seats on display and I really liked the race style with some comfort.

--------------------
87GT t-top
00 Saleen (clone)
97 E350 7.3 diesel

Posts: 2522 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
Dizzy
¯
Member # 884

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dizzy  Ford pictures for Dizzy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

For the original question, I don't know about the seats you mentioned, but Mustangs Plus does/ used to sell Procar seats. I had some in my 66 fastback, and I liked them. They weren't the best seats ever, but they were definitely midrange quality at least.

What tops as your favorite regarding race seats?
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

quote:

Yep, Dublin Toyota...Come see me (Rob)in the parts department if you need anything... [Wink]

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com