Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » plane paranoia?? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: plane paranoia??
cdog301
¯
Member # 5136

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cdog301  Ford pictures for cdog301    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
been flying for uncle sam for almost 9 years now and it is still as great as the day I started just enjoy the ride sober in case you do have to get out in a hurry! JK [Eek!]

--------------------
1992 Notch
Dss Pro Bullet
Afr 165's
GT40 U/L
Bassani X w/cats
and other goodies!!!!!!!
I love MOSTLY MUSTANGS OAKLAND CA

Posts: 386 | From: Richmond CA | Registered: Dec 2004  |  :
blackcobra98
¯
Member # 1078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackcobra98  Ford pictures for blackcobra98    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I hate flying with a passion as well - mainly due to a REAL bad flight I had several years ago when I flew out to Washington DC. I had to fly out to Omaha, NE a few months back for business, and I went to see my Dr. beforehand about getting some pills to chill me out. She hooked me up with some Ativan/Diazpam, I took a couple before my flight and I slept like a baby each hop. Smoothest plane ride ever, too.

Don't drink to help yourself, do the right thing and go see your dr. if you need to chill out on your flight.

Oh yeah, check out this site's forum: http://www.fearofflying.com/message.htm - there are people there who can answer your questions and also some suggestions on how to prepare yourself for the flight...things to think about, reasons to not freak out, etc. Also, you can post up your flight # and stuff there and someone on the forum will track you while you're in the air. It sounds stupid, I know, but for some reason it has a psychological effect that calms you down when you know someone is looking out for you and watching your progress.

[ December 23, 2005, 10:59 PM: Message edited by: charged04 ]

--------------------
1998 Cobra #2892/3480-**SOLD 7/2/03**
2004 Lightning #1632/3781-**SOLD 8/06**

89 FAKE SNAKE
¯
Member # 4531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 FAKE SNAKE  Ford pictures for 89 FAKE SNAKE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ya not to mention the plane did go down in gilroy and now 1 did in livermore? wtf.. [Frown]

--------------------
90 COUPE
01 R1 (stock)
04 XR-50(stroked)
06 TT-R50E
SRA & PWA member

UKCobra
¯
Member # 1240

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UKCobra  Ford pictures for UKCobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cdog301:
been flying for uncle sam for almost 9 years now and it is still as great as the day I started just enjoy the ride sober in case you do have to get out in a hurry! JK [Eek!]

Some good advice, the safety record of Trans Atlantic flghts are very good. I've flown a lot this year (for me) and i take my mind off it by thinking about what I need to be doing when I get where I am going !

Practice your french (if you need to)

Mark

Posts: 436 | From: Reading, UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: May 2002  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com