Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Ironic cobra supected thieves... (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Ironic cobra supected thieves...
Hyperider
¯
Member # 5936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hyperider  Ford pictures for Hyperider    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is this ironic or what, I just had a post trying to be sure the computer chips in the 03-04 cobra's keys really works on theives. Early this morning I got a call on my cell from my neighbor, he said there were two guys w/ flashlights checking out my Cobra at 6:30am while the rain was really pouring. They took off when they saw him checking them out. He said it was two white guys, but he wasn't able to get the licence plates. They covered their faces. I got a feeling they'll be back to try. I know there's quite a few cops on the board, when can a civilian use force deadly or not when you catch someone trying to steal your car??? Besides dialing 911. What are my rights here??? What else can I do, instead of just waiting like a sitting duck. My cobra already has alarm in it. I don't leave any valuables in plain sight at all. I don't want to do anything stupid that I will regret, but I don't want to sit waiting for the cops to come, while the bad guys get away. Do I need to wait for them to shoot me, before I could shoot back in self defense??? Help!!!

--------------------
04 Cobra

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you cant use force unless the person uses force on you, or unless you feel that your life is in danger you can use force. park you cobra in the driveway and block it in with other cars
Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
Hyperider
¯
Member # 5936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hyperider  Ford pictures for Hyperider    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i knew it. that sucks. get you even detained them while pointing a weapon at them? my car is park in a carport that's it. like i said it's sitting duck there. my car is the nices one too along my carport. glad we have a neighborhood watch program and i'm in it. but you know how it is, i caught some people before in my buddy's apartment snooping on some cars and they actaully broke in and rob another car already. we didn't do anything and just called the cops. they got there like and hour later, of course the thieves was long gone. so i thought if i catch them again. i'll have to do something and not just sit and wait.

--------------------
04 Cobra

89 FAKE SNAKE
¯
Member # 4531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 FAKE SNAKE  Ford pictures for 89 FAKE SNAKE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
put it in the driveway and just beat there ass... [Razz]

--------------------
90 COUPE
01 R1 (stock)
04 XR-50(stroked)
06 TT-R50E
SRA & PWA member

t top freak
¯
Member # 6269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for t top freak  Ford pictures for t top freak  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
grab a blanket and sleep in it for a couple days. your neighbor might have spooked them for good, or they could be back later

--------------------
1994 cobra - sold!
1986 t top gt - parted out and sold!
on the hunt for another

Posts: 1023 | From: sacramento | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
Hyperider
¯
Member # 5936

it's a condo set up parking w/ carports only. so no driveway its like an alley way. i would to beat the crap out of them, but you know these guys are packing heat too.

quote:
Originally posted by 89 FAKE SNAKE:
put it in the driveway and just beat there ass... [Razz]

--------------------
04 Cobra

89 FAKE SNAKE
¯
Member # 4531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 FAKE SNAKE  Ford pictures for 89 FAKE SNAKE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i doubt there packin..but u never know these days...the reason i say it is cuz if there goin to try and steal a car last thing is to want to get caught wit a gun on them..

--------------------
90 COUPE
01 R1 (stock)
04 XR-50(stroked)
06 TT-R50E
SRA & PWA member

Hyperider
¯
Member # 5936

that's funny! that's what actually my daughter said, she knows its all about the cobra that's why. she said i'm just being too paranoid. but what can i do. i see it happen everyday here on the board. better safe than sorry.

quote:
Originally posted by t top freak:
grab a blanket and sleep in it for a couple days. your neighbor might have spooked them for good, or they could be back later

--------------------
04 Cobra

LSFairmont
¯
Member # 6001

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LSFairmont  Ford pictures for LSFairmont    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
didnt know TWO-GUN KID WAS A COP. maybe you could write some of my tickets off.lol
Posts: 3652 | From: the land of the lost | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
Hyperider
¯
Member # 5936

Yeah, that's true. more charges to slap on them. the weird thing is it was like 6:30am already. i guess it's a late run for these guys. my neighbor said that the one guy that got out of the car went straight to my car. so obviously they're already been stalking my neighborhood and knew there's a new cobra that lives there. oh well, even though i am. i'll try not to get all work up. if i catch them great, if not oh well it's insured. my buddy's said i'm getting myself all work out but i won't really know when they're going to come back. the ringing on my cell didn't even wake me up. that's the mess up part. but i didn alerted all my neighbors.

quote:
Originally posted by 89 FAKE SNAKE:
i doubt there packin..but u never know these days...the reason i say it is cuz if there goin to try and steal a car last thing is to want to get caught wit a gun on them..

--------------------
04 Cobra

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by slow96cobra:
didnt know TWO-GUN KID WAS A COP. maybe you could write some of my tickets off.lol

i took a intro law class in high school
Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
do like that one guy said shoot them with frozen paint balls or just have somefriends over and when they come back beat the shit out of them, you know like shut there hands in the car door those type of things then call the cops they wont care about what they say. say that you caught them braking into your car and then they came after you.
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would install a hood release trigger on your alarm and a prox sensor.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Hyperider
¯
Member # 5936

Actually i thought about the proximity sensor. cause one time i saw this really nice porsche and i was checking when it gave out a loud buzz and it freak me out. everytime you get really near it, it does that. but they said it really gets in peoples nerves.

quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:

--------------------
04 Cobra

Hyperider
¯
Member # 5936

F
quote:
Originally posted by 89point.:
do like that one guy said shoot them with frozen paint balls or just have somefriends over and when they come back beat the shit out of them, you know like shut there hands in the car door those type of things then call the cops they wont care about what they say. say that you caught them braking into your car and then they came after you.

Frozen paintballs, that's funny! [Big Grin] but i like the idea of shutting the door with their hands between them when you catch one. [patriot]

--------------------
04 Cobra

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Hyperider:
Actually i thought about the proximity sensor. cause one time i saw this really nice porsche and i was checking when it gave out a loud buzz and it freak me out. everytime you get really near it, it does that. but they said it really gets in peoples nerves.

quote:

WHO CARES if it gets on peoples nerves. Purplenotch installed an alarm with a prox sensor on my 93. I LOVE IT! He also installed a hood trigger AND trunk trigger. Anything you mess with, alarm will go off.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

silverLX
¯
Member # 3207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for silverLX  Ford pictures for silverLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

quote:

WHO CARES if it gets on peoples nerves. Purplenotch installed an alarm with a prox sensor on my 93. I LOVE IT! He also installed a hood trigger AND trunk trigger. Anything you mess with, alarm will go off.
Someday [Wink]

--------------------
88LX hatch 410w
88LX vert gears, exhaust
95GT H/C/I

Posts: 1613 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
Hyperider
¯
Member # 5936

quote:
quote:

quote:

how much did it cost? i already have a clifford in it, wonder if i can just add that. i'll check with the Good Guys they installed mine. I do have the trunk and hood release sensora already.

--------------------
04 Cobra

LSFairmont
¯
Member # 6001

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LSFairmont  Ford pictures for LSFairmont    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ahh screw it just shoot them wit a pellet gun then. forget the paintball.
Posts: 3652 | From: the land of the lost | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah let's shoot them with a pellet gun or frozen paint balls.

Now they call the cops and charge you with assault witha deadly weapon. You go to jail not them and they civily sue you and take your cobra legally.

Great set of advice there people.

BTW they aren't "robbing" your car.

Yes you can detain them shit you can detain anyone you like if it really came down to it. But you better be doing it for a good reason.

It really sucks but it seems in this situation we have the shit end of the stick.

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
Hyperider
¯
Member # 5936

Yeah, that's why you really have to think it out before you do something. the laws sometimes in way benefits the bads guys than the good. kinda like an article i have read about this burglar breaking into this warehouse, he fell from the roof and broke his leg. he sues the owners and win. that's really f**k up!!! [Mad]

--------------------
04 Cobra

Joooestang66
¯
Member # 2828

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joooestang66  Ford pictures for Joooestang66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Have a shotgun? Just take some shells apart, dump out the lead shot and pour in rock salt. Shoot a thief with that and he'll wish he's dead. It wont kill him or permantley injure him (unless you got his face).

--------------------
"Don't Drive Faster Than your Guardian Angel Can Fly..... Well My Guardian Angel Can Fly Pretty Fuc*ing Fast!!!"

Tooth
¯
Member # 4582

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tooth  Ford pictures for Tooth  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How about a survellience system? Pick up a cheap VCR for about $25, a pack of 8-hour or 9-hour tapes and a decent night vision camera (i.e. from fry's http://shop4.outpost.com/product/4557217?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG)... all for under $100 easily. Not sure where to set it up in your case but it may be worth considering.

You could go high-tech and hook the camera up to a computer for 24-hour record.

[ December 19, 2005, 12:10 AM: Message edited by: Tooth ]

--------------------
http://www.cardomain.com/id/smeech
http://www.wit-ware.net/graphic.htm - Auto Art - Webpage under drastic re-construction.

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
i knew it. that sucks. get you even detained them while pointing a weapon at them? my car is park in a carport that's it. like i said it's sitting duck there. my car is the nices one too along my carport. glad we have a neighborhood watch program and i'm in it. but you know how it is, i caught some people before in my buddy's apartment snooping on some cars and they actaully broke in and rob another car already. we didn't do anything and just called the cops. they got there like and hour later, of course the thieves was long gone. so i thought if i catch them again. i'll have to do something and not just sit and wait.

DO WHAT I WOULD DO, SHOOT THEM AND CALL THE COPS SAYING SOMEONE GOT SHOT ON THE STREET
Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
Hyperider
¯
Member # 5936

quote:
Originally posted by Tooth:
How about a survellience system? Pick up a cheap VCR for about $25, a pack of 8-hour or 9-hour tapes and a decent night vision camera (i.e. from fry's http://shop4.outpost.com/product/4557217?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG)... all for under $100 easily. Not sure where to set it up in your case but it may be worth considering.

You could go high-tech and hook the camera up to a computer for 24-hour record.

This is actually another thing to do that one of my buddies suggested too. I make actually consider this. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll checking this out at Frys.

Well, so far what I did was alerted all my neighbors and they're all cool about it. They're all vigilant because there are a lot of cars being stolen at that location. Thanks to all the gave a feedback!!! [patriot]

--------------------
04 Cobra

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com