Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » good deal on bassani x-pipes (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: good deal on bassani x-pipes
Hyperider
¯
Member # 5936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hyperider  Ford pictures for Hyperider    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
got my new bassani stainless steel x-pipes w/ cats yesterday from www.proficientperformance.com for $542.00 includes tax & shipping. now i just need to have it installed. can't wait to match it up w/ my bassani cat back. for people that wants to save some $$$, this is the way to go, you save like $150 compared to other vendors/shops here on the board.

--------------------
04 Cobra

Apexmotorsports
¯
Member # 5307

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Apexmotorsports  Ford pictures for Apexmotorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Hyperider:
this is the way to go, you save like $150 compared to other vendors/shops here on the board.

Actually, we sell them for $525 if you want to just take them without installation. We just got a lower price from Bassani [Smile] So the savings would be move like $50 AND you have to take them somewhere to get them installed.

[ December 16, 2005, 04:18 PM: Message edited by: Apexmotorsports ]

Hyperider
¯
Member # 5936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hyperider  Ford pictures for Hyperider    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i really didn't want to mention your shop mike, but now that you mention it. i did call you guys several times and sent pms. each time i get a different price quote. first was $589.00 plus tax, then $610.00 plus tax and plus labor. i even told you guys if you can match the price from proficient and you guys said that you called them and they don't sell it for that price. so here it is. i did get it for the price i ask you guys to beat or match. no offense here i just like researching good price before i pay for my hard earned money. Thanks!

quote:
Originally posted by Apexmotorsports:
quote:
this is the way to go, you save like $150 compared to other vendors/shops here on the board.

Actually, we sell them for $525 if you want to just take them without installation. We just got a lower price from Bassani [Smile] So the savings would be move like $50 AND you have to take them somewhere to get them installed.

--------------------
04 Cobra

Hyperider
¯
Member # 5936

Mike, i really want to take my business to you guys. When Bill Kaiser owned
Apex, I had him installed full bassani cat back and x-pipes and sub frame connectors on my old 2000 GT. It's just everytime I call or send a pm for a quote to your and Chris I get different info each time. I check w/ Bassani and the prices never changed.

--------------------
04 Cobra

mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Honestly it's pretty simple bro. Price's change rapidly and quickly sometimes even day to day. Why? Too many factors go into the total price of this type of item at any given time. Steel and other metals can vary in cost thus having an impact. Shipping rates vary...bassani runs different types of sales to its vendors certain months...weeks etc...

--------------------
R.I.P. Charlie Bruno Dec 2001

Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I checked w/ Bassani and the prices never changed.

Did you ask them if their vendors saw any changes? If you asked them if their retail price changed and they said no thats a whole different pricing scale which a lot of times doesn't change as retail prices are always over inflated

--------------------
R.I.P. Charlie Bruno Dec 2001

Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
Hyperider
¯
Member # 5936

quote:
Originally posted by mtbaughs:
quote:

Did you ask them if their vendors saw any changes? If you asked them if their retail price changed and they said no thats a whole different pricing scale which a lot of times doesn't change as retail prices are always over inflated

Hyperider
¯
Member # 5936

Oops, sent it w/o a reply. anyways nope didn't ask them if their vendors changed. But i called other vendors and prices didn't changed. Bottom line is Apex was giving me a run around. First they said they called the vendor I ask them if they could match or beat the price, they said they called and the price was not the same as what I had told them. They made me look like I was just making up the prices. So I did finally bought it from Proficient. Their price was the same from day one. Thanks for your input!

quote:
Originally posted by mtbaughs:
quote:

--------------------
04 Cobra

*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Ford pictures for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ummm i payed $399...for my x pipe with cats at sacramento mustang...i think it was the aluminum one but as long as you are not lowered 5 inches then it dont make a difference..i was lowered 2 inches with no exhaust dent probs..

--------------------
88 notch- MM&FF June 2014 feature car
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150
89 mastercraft- wake tower with some sound

Team True Forged!!!

cdog301
¯
Member # 5136

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cdog301  Ford pictures for cdog301    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I paid 400.00 for my x w cats from sac mustang 2 years ago!

--------------------
1992 Notch
Dss Pro Bullet
Afr 165's
GT40 U/L
Bassani X w/cats
and other goodies!!!!!!!
I love MOSTLY MUSTANGS OAKLAND CA

Posts: 386 | From: Richmond CA | Registered: Dec 2004  |  :
03SHKER
¯
Member # 1397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SHKER  Ford pictures for 03SHKER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah, we do the alum. pipe for $379.

--------------------
chris@apexmotorsports.com
2555 Lafayette Blvd. Suite #122
Santa Clara, CA 95050
408-588-0075

lostsoul
¯
Member # 5797

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lostsoul  Ford pictures for lostsoul    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thats almost as bad as taking a day off of work to get your spark plugs gapped with a special tool that they dont even have.. Even after sending them a picture of it a week in advance! and calling them a day before about it!!.. Sure.. come on in.. no problem.. thats all I heard. Then I get there with a reservation and I'm sitting outside for 2 hours and all of a sudden the tech comes to me with my plug in his hand asking me whats this??!!!? Then at the end of all the joy and fun I get nailed for a $99 bill. I know the 05 mustang is new but they should have been up front on about it. I'm tried of getting burned by shops and putting faith in people. I have a shop now that has been up front with me and I will stick with them. I think many people will agree apex is not the monolith they used to be... thats my .02

--------------------
slp/ati procharger

Hyperider
¯
Member # 5936

Yup, aluminum pipes are cheaper than stainless steel.

quote:
Originally posted by BlownMach1:
ummm i payed $399...for my x pipe with cats at sacramento mustang...i think it was the aluminum one but as long as you are not lowered 5 inches then it dont make a difference..i was lowered 2 inches with no exhaust dent probs..

Hyperider
¯
Member # 5936

I agree with you lostsoul. oh well guess you win some you loose some. i did tried.

quote:
Originally posted by lostsoul:
Thats almost as bad as taking a day off of work to get your spark plugs gapped with a special tool that they dont even have.. Even after sending them a picture of it a week in advance! and calling them a day before about it!!.. Sure.. come on in.. no problem.. thats all I heard. Then I get there with a reservation and I'm sitting outside for 2 hours and all of a sudden the tech comes to me with my plug in his hand asking me whats this??!!!? Then at the end of all the joy and fun I get nailed for a $99 bill. I know the 05 mustang is new but they should have been up front on about it. I'm tried of getting burned by shops and putting faith in people. I have a shop now that has been up front with me and I will stick with them. I think many people will agree apex is not the monolith they used to be... thats my .02

--------------------
04 Cobra

lostsoul
¯
Member # 5797

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lostsoul  Ford pictures for lostsoul    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sorry.. I know I should not flame and I try to keep shop names out of my posts.. but when you brought that up it just hit home with me.. =-/..

--------------------
slp/ati procharger

Apexmotorsports
¯
Member # 5307

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Apexmotorsports  Ford pictures for Apexmotorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
[QB] Oops, sent it w/o a reply. anyways nope didn't ask them if their vendors changed. But i called other vendors and prices didn't changed. Bottom line is Apex was giving me a run around. First they said they called the vendor I ask them if they could match or beat the price, they said they called and the price was not the same as what I had told them. They made me look like I was just making up the prices. So I did finally bought it from Proficient. Their price was the same from day one. Thanks for your input!

No one was giving you the run around. You asked us to match a price and we asked you to give us the name of the shop who had the alleged price. We called all the shops you gave us and was unable to confirm your price. How can you expect us to price match something when the shop you gave us gives us a different price? We never called you liar.

Also, we did get a lower price. Just because the shop you talked to DID NOT get a lower price does not mean we did not get one.

[ December 16, 2005, 09:53 PM: Message edited by: Apexmotorsports ]

NO MANRZ
¯
Member # 566

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NO MANRZ  Ford pictures for NO MANRZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Damn, let me get this straight, you took out the spark plugs from your 2005 GT and made an appointment with apex to get them gapped with a special tool. Instead of sending you to pep boys to get your own 99 cent plug gapper, after 2 hours they charged you $100 for the work done?
Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach0ne351  Ford pictures for Mach0ne351  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i go with www.houstonperformance.com for ALL my bassani needs. shiot, they even quoted me $530 for the Bassani ceramic coated midlength headers, that steeda sells for $750 lol....i love houstonperformance.com...free shipping too [Smile]

marek

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
SCT Tuned by APEX Motorsports @ 317rwhp/304rwtq
www.32valve.com

Posts: 1182 | From: Marina, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Hyperider
¯
Member # 5936

yeah, my point is it's always worth it to shop around. it doesn't matter if you can afford it. a penny save is a penny earned. more money save to spend for other future mods. proficient performance was also free shipping and they had discount coupons too.

--------------------
04 Cobra

lostsoul
¯
Member # 5797

[/qb][/QUOTE]Damn, let me get this straight, you took out the spark plugs from your 2005 GT and made an appointment with apex to get them gapped with a special tool. Instead of sending you to pep boys to get your own 99 cent plug gapper, after 2 hours they charged you $100 for the work done? [/QB][/QUOTE]

Pep boys dont have a gapper for the 05's.. its a semi special tool that can be bought at vortech and some other S/C mfg. But yes.. I tld them over and over it was a specal tool and sent them a picture of it.. I called days before the day I was to go in and emphasized that this was a specal tool again. 99 bucks + the 150+ I would have made for that day and 3 hours of wasted time. that was my experance.. the good thing about it is that I was sitting outside with a guy and his 1965 gt500 while he was waiting hours to get a dyno even though he to was scheduled.. haha.. I think he bailed to another shop too. Everyone will have their own experances and I'm sure apex is good to other customers.. I just lick my wounds and move on. This is nothing compaired to the guy I order my boost a pump and guage and PAID him.. and 3 months later I find out his in jail!!.. that was a nice 450 gone.. =-/

--------------------
slp/ati procharger

Apexmotorsports
¯
Member # 5307

quote:
Pep boys dont have a gapper for the 05's.. its a semi special tool that can be bought at vortech and some other S/C mfg. But yes.. I tld them over and over it was a specal tool and sent them a picture of it.. I called days before the day I was to go in and emphasized that this was a specal tool again. 99 bucks + the 150+ I would have made for that day and 3 hours of wasted time. that was my experance.. the good thing about it is that I was sitting outside with a guy and his 1965 gt500 while he was waiting hours to get a dyno even though he to was scheduled.. haha.. I think he bailed to another shop too. Everyone will have their own experances and I'm sure apex is good to other customers.. I just lick my wounds and move on. This is nothing compaired to the guy I order my boost a pump and guage and PAID him.. and 3 months later I find out his in jail!!.. that was a nice 450 gone.. =-/

Let's get some facts straight here.

#1-We never received any email from you regarding the plugs. I went to the office today and checked our email server and there was no trace of a email from you in regards to the "special tooL"

#2-You seemed to have conviently left out the fact we burped your cooling system and even showed you how it was done so you can do it yourself next time! You ALSO asked us to take a look and inspect the supercharger install, which we did. We spent easily over 3 hours on your car and only charged you the minimum shop charge, basiclly for burping your cooling system.

#3-Chuck, the owner of the 1965 Shelby GT500, is a very good customer of ours. He was not waiting for no reason. We were doing other repairs on his car before we actaually dyno-carb tuned his car.

If you are going to come out and publicly flame my company PLEASE state all the facts and not leave out important imformation.

[ December 17, 2005, 09:26 PM: Message edited by: Apexmotorsports ]

1FAST89GT
¯
Member # 5071

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1FAST89GT  Ford pictures for 1FAST89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i am a service manager and have been for several years. one thing you never do nomatter how many customers came to us with there expierences our own expierences is talk shit about another shop. you guys that continuesly talk about apex need to keep strictly in a pm or phone basis. u guys know nothing about being professional. never talk shit/hater or flame another shop regardless.
stangboi
¯
Member # 6315

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangboi  Ford pictures for stangboi    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1FAST89GT:
i am a service manager and have been for several years. one thing you never do nomatter how many customers came to us with there expierences our own expierences is talk shit about another shop. you guys that continuesly talk about apex need to keep strictly in a pm or phone basis. u guys know nothing about being professional. never talk shit/hater or flame another shop regardless.

i agree with you. im new here and ive been on other forums and ive seen other whiney bitches flame shops and get others to talk shit who dont know shit only what they heard.

its like jerry springer but on the internet.

lostsoul
¯
Member # 5797

Yea.. I guess I'm making it all up because I have nothing better to do..

Yes.. your right.. you guys did spend 5 min trying to burp the coolent system which still didnt fix the problem, but you showed me how to do that.. I will give you that..as for the s/c inspection you didnt check the oil or tention on the pulles.. but told me it looks nice... My point is I should have not been there in the fist place. I should have not had to take a day off for something that you cant do. That for me was a bad experance.. and as I stated in the post before that I'm sure you have helped allot of people, but for me that was it and I was just sharing my experance with the other person. This is the last I'm speaking of this topic so anyone can say what they want, but after I answer your questions I'm done...

As for the gt500 I think were talking about another pesron because the guy I was talking about was talking about driving 2 hours to go to another place to get the dyno and was upset. I dont know if he left after I did or stayed.

btw.. here are the e-mails you couldnt find

Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 19:59:28 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Ted R" <tedEG###@sbcglobal.net> Add to Address BookAdd to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
Subject: help =-)
To: info@apexmotorsports.com

Hello,

I have a new 2005 mustang Gt and I installed the ait
prochager. I need to lower the gap on my stock plugs
but I was told I need a special tool.. do you guys
have the tool or know anyone in the area that can do
this.. the link has the article

http://home.comcast.net/~kresstek/plug.jpg

Thanks,
--Ted
==============================================

rom: info@apexmotorsports.com Add to Address BookAdd to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
To: "'Ted R'" <ted#%#%#@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: RE: help =-)
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 09:40:27 -0700

DO NOT put NGK in your car. For a blower you NEED copper plugs!! Yes we
have the plugs/tools ect, here. Let me know!
Regards,
Chris @ Apex

--------------------
slp/ati procharger

lostsoul
¯
Member # 5797

quote:
Originally posted by 1FAST89GT:

Please tell me how talking about bad experance is talking sheet? I thought the forums were here to talk about car experances bad or good.. and expecally in the GENERAL TALK area. As I stated 2 times now that I dont think that they F'ed EVERYONE of their customers over.. If you guys cant handle a little bad feed back then you dont belong in the business. Everyone has issues and they need to know to learn off of it as I'm sure you have. So now can we move on?

--------------------
slp/ati procharger

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com