Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » NEW Z06 vs 03 cobra.. (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: NEW Z06 vs 03 cobra..
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by mach1killa:
quote:
Originally posted by NO MANRZ:
quote:
Originally posted by 1Sicgt:
Sure $80k better beat a 30K car. Just think If you spent $50k in mods on the cobra, dollar for dollar what the possiblities could be???? Not saying the vette isn't fast, but the price difference is quite noticable.

03 cobra's off the lot did not cost 30K.
i paid 29300.00 for my cobra and yes it was brand new.
I think he's referring to msrp... people paying less or over msrp do not change the car's suggested retail price.

--------------------
=(

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
quote:
Originally posted by 88DroptopGT:
That cobra had very little mods. He was prolly barely pushing ~415 rwhp with that pulley swap and chip tune realistically.....

Hey.. my almost stock cobra.. with exhaust and densecharger was pushing 412rwhp.. so i'm sure he's got way more than that.. maybe 450s which seem to be the norm for pullied cobras.
It doesn't really matter. What I'm saying is that he wasn't packing enough to handle that 427.

That cobra (or any 03/04) would need a much more serious setup than what he has to even think about doing that with a different outcome.

04 Mystic
¯
Member # 220

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04 Mystic  Ford pictures for 04 Mystic    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The out come may never change but I will still have fun trying LOL
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by boostin1.8:
quote:
Sure $80k better beat a 30K car. Just think If you spent $50k in mods on the cobra, dollar for dollar what the possiblities could be???? Not saying the vette isn't fast, but the price difference is quite noticable.

Jon PLEASE NOT THIS SHIT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!
Brian STFU! All I am saying is the vette is fast, but not $80K fast. You can make many cars even ones that aren't mustangs, both cooler and faster for less. Ya, if you got the money to floss it fine, but if you are into racing numbers and stats, who cares. There are better possibilities out there. And thats my $.02! [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I think he's referring to msrp... people paying less or over msrp do not change the car's suggested retail price.
As far as the cost I was refering to what people will and did pay for each. We paid $30K on our 03 brand new also.

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

As far as the cost I was refering to what people will and did pay for each. We paid $30K on our 03 brand new also.
Dude.. you are high on crack. I paid 28k for my new cobra in November of 2002 (back then even thinking of getting one for msrp was almost unattainable.). so freaking what... that does not mean anything.. the new vettes will have huge mark ups.. as did the cobras when they first came out.. almost every dealer wanted 5k over.. obviously, some time after and when they started sitting in lots, the prices came down.. as will on the vett (but not as much cause the z06, unfortunately for me, will hold its value much better than fords)
I don't think you can touch that car for it's value. 66k with ANYTHING stock vs stock on the market.
Hopefully the new cobra will change this .. only time will tell. [patriot]

--------------------
=(

liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I still think even if you put a modified 03/04 cobra putting the same amount of power to the ground, hell the cobra can have 40 more HP the z06 will still win. People dont think about the arowdinamics of the z06. When that car gets over 80 the thing just sticks to the ground and cuts through the air. I would love to see a kb cobra take on a z06 and i would bet that the z06 would win. For a all motor car against a car that needs a blower to even get close to puting down matching power, im a new fan of the z06

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
BlownCobra98
¯
Member # 5943

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlownCobra98  Ford pictures for BlownCobra98    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
cobra was stock most likely

--------------------
Never enough Horspower always thirsty for more.
Drive it like you stole it.
Representing HCI Motorsports.

Posts: 142 | From: Carmichael | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
CDT
¯
Member # 5004

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CDT  Ford pictures for CDT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the new vette is a monster, I mean look at it, with a GOOD driver and tires it may very well run in the 10's. Wait till someone throws a 200hp Nitrous kit on one. At this point I dont think the new Cobra will be close, would a Ford GT??

--------------------
Custom Dyno Tuning
Home of Flat Fee Tuning For All Cars, Trucks and SUV's, EFI & Carb, SCT, AFR, Dynatech, STS Turbos, N2O Refills

Avengeance
¯
Member # 5163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Avengeance  Ford pictures for Avengeance    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Brian STFU! All I am saying is the vette is fast, but not $80K fast. You can make many cars even ones that aren't mustangs, both cooler and faster for less. Ya, if you got the money to floss it fine, but if you are into racing numbers and stats, who cares. There are better possibilities out there. And thats my $.02! [Roll Eyes]

The problem with your equation is... ITS NOT ALL ABOUT BEING FAST! There is more to this car then being fast!

Not $80K fast off the showroom floor.. not $80K fast vs cars more then double its price... doesnt hold "racing numbers and stats" yet holds one of the better Nurburgring track times vs cars double and tripple its price.

I understand the whole "I could build something better for less" but to say its not worth the money is fuckin crazy. Youre off your rocker man.

Not to mention.. eventually these wont be sold for $80K, that price is for those that HAVE TO HAVE IT NOW NOW NOW... THE BASE PRICE IS $65K!!!! You and I can have this car for that price.. we just wont be the coolest guy on the block for a year or so.

Id LOVE to see you build something as comfortable, faster, cooler, get the same gas mileage, have ALLLLL the creature comforts as the new ZO6, handle as well, hold value as well, have a full dry sump lubrication system, carbon fiber body panels, fuck even have navigation... oh yeah...and pass Californias smog standards... for $65K. See what I mean about being more then just fast?

--------------------
02' Limited Edition 35th Ann. SS
620rwhp/570rwtq. 10.6 @ 132mph.

302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 302n/a  Ford pictures for 302n/a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Avengeance:
quote:

The problem with your equation is... ITS NOT ALL ABOUT BEING FAST! There is more to this car then being fast!

Not $80K fast off the showroom floor.. not $80K fast vs cars more then double its price... doesnt hold "racing numbers and stats" yet holds one of the better Nurburgring track times vs cars double and tripple its price.

I understand the whole "I could build something better for less" but to say its not worth the money is fuckin crazy. Youre off your rocker man.

Not to mention.. eventually these wont be sold for $80K, that price is for those that HAVE TO HAVE IT NOW NOW NOW... THE BASE PRICE IS $65K!!!! You and I can have this car for that price.. we just wont be the coolest guy on the block for a year or so.

Id LOVE to see you build something as comfortable, faster, cooler, get the same gas mileage, have ALLLLL the creature comforts as the new ZO6, handle as well, hold value as well, have a full dry sump lubrication system, carbon fiber body panels, fuck even have navigation... oh yeah...and pass Californias smog standards... for $65K. See what I mean about being more then just fast?

very well said [patriot]

--------------------
Raiders A's Warriors Sharks

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com