Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » HD TV & X-Box Hook-up Question HELP

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: HD TV & X-Box Hook-up Question HELP
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok so heres a partial diagram of the back of my TV.

-

My HD digital cable is currently hooked up to video 5. I tried hooking up my X-Box 360 to video 4 which seems to have the same plug in as video 5, right, but when I power on the X-Box 360 the Tv screen shows to pictures side by side as if there were two Tv screens. But when I unplug the digital cable box from video 5 and hook up the X-Box 360 the screen has perfect picture. My questions is what is the function of Video 4? It has the same color plug ins as video 5, so why wont it display just like viedo 5 does?

My other question is, does anyone sell a system changer for the HD input so that I could toggle between the cable box and X-Box. It is the thing the allows you to hook up mutiple systems to one input. In this instance I would want to split video 5 if I am unable to use video 4.

Any electronic experts out there? Please help this is driving me mad.
[Mad]
Thanks [patriot]

[ November 23, 2005, 12:10 PM: Message edited by: CLEEN 50 ]

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
TTT

blind I know you know this one [Big Grin]
HELP [Frown]

[ November 23, 2005, 01:29 PM: Message edited by: CLEEN 50 ]

--------------------
91 GT

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know that Best buy sells one in their gaming dept... it looks a little silly, but they do make them.

does it work fine in the vid 4 if the direct tv is off/unplugged?

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 94gt:

I have tried it w/ the Cable Box turned off and it was the same thing, but I have not tried it unplugged. I dont' understand why it would matter since it is a completely different input. I thought thats why they labeled them video 1,2,3 and so on, so they could each be used seperately. This is driving me insane [Mad]

--------------------
91 GT

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CLEEN 50:
quote:

I have tried it w/ the Cable Box turned off and it was the same thing, but I have not tried it unplugged. I dont' understand why it would matter since it is a completely different input. I thought thats why they labeled them video 1,2,3 and so on, so they could each be used seperately. This is driving me insane [Mad]
did you look in your manual for the tv? does the direct tv work in vid 4?

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

quote:
quote:
quote:

did you look in your manual for the tv? does the direct tv work in vid 4?
I'll have to digg to see if I can find my manual.
but what is the difference between DTV video 5 and video 4 as far as function?

--------------------
91 GT

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

quote:

there *shouldnt* be... BUT whats the model number of the TV?
is it on the correct video selection screen? like vid 4, 5, aux, cable?

[ November 23, 2005, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: 94gt ]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

quote:
quote:

there *shouldnt* be... BUT whats the model number of the TV?
is it on the correct video selection screen? like vid 4, 5, aux, cable?

No I am not trying to hook it up through the cable box because it doesn't have any HD inputs. My TV model # KP-61XBR300 Sony HD projection TV.

--------------------
91 GT

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

This may be something.. but I know on the old xbox, you have to manually tell it what HD setting you wanted it on... be it 720p, 1080i... you get the point, check that real quick, and look to see if there's an similiar function on your tv...

and I'm gonna go look at your manual online to see if theres anything weird.

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

quote:
This may be something.. but I know on the old xbox, you have to manually tell it what HD setting you wanted it on... be it 720p, 1080i... you get the point, check that real quick, and look to see if there's an similiar function on your tv...

and I'm gonna go look at your manual online to see if theres anything weird.

Hmm I will try that and let u know.

Thanks [patriot]

--------------------
91 GT

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Here ya go... it looks like even tho those jacks are located in the #4 input, they are really for #5... they are for different inputs, depending on what type of box you are using... ie. dtv, cable, or xbox...
So you need either a component video splitter (sold at best buy, circuit city, etc...) or swap cables every time. You can get the RCA "y" splitters, but its just another connection that could lead to signal loss.
Your TV's Manual....
 -
 -

[ November 23, 2005, 03:00 PM: Message edited by: 94gt ]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

quote:
Here ya go... it looks like even tho those jacks are located in the #4 input, they are really for #5... they are for different inputs, depending on what type of box you are using... ie. dtv, cable, or xbox...
So you need either a component video splitter (sold at best buy, circuit city, etc...) or swap cables every time. You can get the RCA "y" splitters, but its just another connection that could lead to signal loss.
Your TV's Manual....
 -
 -

Thank You for clearing that up for me [worship] [worship] Guess it's off to Best Buy again [Frown]

--------------------
91 GT

90gtverrt
¯
Member # 1437

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtverrt  Ford pictures for 90gtverrt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If there displaying side by side on your tv you need to check out the PiP button or picture in picture, make sure it is turned off
Posts: 1199 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

quote:
Thank You for clearing that up for me [worship] [worship] Guess it's off to Best Buy again [Frown]

Hey man, I'm just glad to help out [patriot]
I know how frustrating it can be man. [Whoo Whooooo!]
Enjoy it, and try to post up some pics [Razz]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com