Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Jarhead... (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Jarhead...
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I went and saw it today, Good movie. Its more of a character study like someone said. Definantly worth the $ tho. [Smile]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
aslowdodge
¯
Member # 854

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for aslowdodge  Ford pictures for aslowdodge    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The movie looks pretty interesting to me. The song on the trailer is perfect even though I don't care for Kanye

[ November 05, 2005, 12:20 AM: Message edited by: aslowdodge ]

--------------------
97 Viper GTS
Supercharged & a bit of juice
last dyno on 100 shot-770rwhp/908lb torque
tree stump pulling anyone?

Posts: 641 | From: pleasanton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
TrueBlue
¯
Member # 1063

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrueBlue  Ford pictures for TrueBlue    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just saw it I was a little disappointed. I won't say about what so I don't ruin it for you....

--------------------
KB '01 GT
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/davis769/GIFS/samj.gif[/IMG]

Posts: 1527 | From: Around the way | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
1991CHP
¯
Member # 5097

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1991CHP  Ford pictures for 1991CHP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What a country we live in, where a black public figure (cause I would hardly call him an artist) can say racist comments about our countries President, on national TV, and during one of our countries most devastating storms, and get one of his “songs” to be played on a movie that has commercials all over the USA, and I’m sure a lot of foreign countries as well. Just imagine if Mike Myers, or any other white American, had said a racist comment to the same effect as Kanye………
Posts: 815 | From: S.F. / SACRAMENTO | Registered: Dec 2004  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1991CHP:
What a country we live in, where a black public figure (cause I would hardly call him an artist) can say racist comments about our countries President, on national TV, and during one of our countries most devastating storms, and get one of his “songs” to be played on a movie that has commercials all over the USA, and I’m sure a lot of foreign countries as well. Just imagine if Mike Myers, or any other white American, had said a racist comment to the same effect as Kanye………

Mike Myers should have said:
"The hurricanes dont care about black people"

Kanye is a dipshit

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

yeah seriously

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

1991CHP
¯
Member # 5097

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1991CHP  Ford pictures for 1991CHP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by blind:
quote:

Mike Myers should have said:
"The hurricanes dont care about black people"

Kanye is a dipshit

Now thats some good shit. [patriot]
Posts: 815 | From: S.F. / SACRAMENTO | Registered: Dec 2004  |  :
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm in NO WAY defending kanye, hell they dont even play his song until the end, but that movie was out of post production about 4-5 months ago... they would have lost alot of money delaying it.

with that said... Kanye sucks... his remarks were WAY out of line.

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST

TrueBlue
¯
Member # 1063

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrueBlue  Ford pictures for TrueBlue    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 94gt:
I'm in NO WAY defending kanye, hell they dont even play his song until the end, but that movie was out of post production about 4-5 months ago... they would have lost alot of money delaying it.

with that said... Kanye sucks... his remarks were WAY out of line.

Yeah i'm sure that song was picked way before those comments were made.

That said, what did you think of the movie?

--------------------
KB '01 GT

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

I liked it, I'll buy it when it comes out on dvd.
I would have taken the shot [Wink]
Its also cool to see Jamie Foxx really coming into his own as a serious dramatic actor.

[ November 05, 2005, 09:48 AM: Message edited by: 94gt ]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST

LuvMy04GT
¯
Member # 4791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LuvMy04GT  Ford pictures for LuvMy04GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Kanye isn't even hip hop. I just had to say it [Razz]

--------------------
who

Posts: 369 | From: Milpitas, CA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  :
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

quote:
Originally posted by LuvMy04GT:
Kanye isn't even hip hop. I just had to say it [Razz]

OH SNAP! [Eek!]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST

TrueBlue
¯
Member # 1063

quote:
Originally posted by 94gt:

Its also cool to see Jamie Foxx really coming into his own as a serious dramatic actor.

I would have to agree with that Jamie Foxx is kickin' some ass.

--------------------
KB '01 GT

Impact 5.0
¯
Member # 2805

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Impact 5.0  Ford pictures for Impact 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sharkattack:
For those that have not served in the USMC please don't pass judgment on the USMC based on this tool's movie. And please don't come out of this movie screaming Ooorah to all your friends, you'll sound like a dork [Big Grin]

Ha Ha Ha oh thats funny... [Big Grin]

I thik every Marine will go see this movie stupid or not, I know I will!

Posts: 2173 | From: Tracy, CA | Registered: May 2003  |  :
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

quote:
Originally posted by 9Venom9:
quote:
For those that have not served in the USMC please don't pass judgment on the USMC based on this tool's movie. And please don't come out of this movie screaming Ooorah to all your friends, you'll sound like a dork [Big Grin]

You know, come to think of it... after the movie, either there was a small group of unshaven/long haired marines next to us or there was a small group of dorks next to us [Big Grin]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST

SEMPERFI510
¯
Member # 627

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SEMPERFI510  Ford pictures for SEMPERFI510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Yup lol my ssgt said it was decently funny
[patriot]

Posts: 1766 | From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was going to go see this tonight but i woke up this morning not being able to hear out of my left ear [Frown] All i can hear is a slight ringing.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that movie was awesome, i was expecting a little more documentory style movie but i realy liked the movie, i will def buy it when it goes out on dvd [patriot]
Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RiddlerGT  Ford pictures for RiddlerGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow im pretty dissapointed it was a cool movie, but where is the action. This movie lacked the gun shooting/killing action that the commercials show. I read a movie review that said this is the new full metal jacket and I seriously wondered if they even watched the movie.
Posts: 2292 | From: San Ramon | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Saw it opening night and even though the movie was pretty good it is NOTHING like they try to make it look in the previews.

As for being the new full metal jacket!? HAHAHAH maybe for about 10 min. Just because they recite "this is my rifle" a couple time doesn't mean this is the new full metal jacket. CMONE!

And as for Fox? Short part = good acting for that clown. HAHAHAHAHAH. He did good I guess. You can't just throw him into that kind of character so leaving his roll being big yet the acting small made for a good introduction for him playing more serious rolls.

Movie over-all = 7 out of 10 for me.

PS> TAKE THE SHOT NEXT TIME YOU PUSSY! [patriot]

sharkattack
¯
Member # 645

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sharkattack  Ford pictures for sharkattack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

I saw it. Brought back a lot of own memories. Movie was a lot different that I thought it would be. Hated the book but movie was not bad.

--------------------
1965 Fastback

03 Cobra with some stuff

PWR HNGRY 302
¯
Member # 6000

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PWR HNGRY 302  Ford pictures for PWR HNGRY 302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I saw it last night it was a good movie... if only they would of let him take the shot. [Mad]

--------------------
87 Fox- Restoration in progress
2014 Tacoma DCLB MGM
2017 Prius Prime (The Daily)

Posts: 2655 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
SEMPERFI510
¯
Member # 627

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SEMPERFI510  Ford pictures for SEMPERFI510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Saw it Saturday and it brought back memories of my time in Iraq and the endless games we played and the boredom that we had at times. Good movie overall with a bit of exageration. [patriot]
Posts: 1766 | From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
DOPE 50
¯
Member # 5892

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DOPE 50  Ford pictures for DOPE 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I saw it Sunday it was a great movie but i think it was a little short and it was missing something IMO but i loved it [patriot]

--------------------
94 COBRA CLONE CONVERTIBLE
67 SS CHEVY NOVA,CAGED UP,TUBBED,FUEL CELL,ETC..IN THE WORKS.[67SSNOV]
91 INTEGRA ON 17'S
94 Ranger Getting lifted

RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RiddlerGT  Ford pictures for RiddlerGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The thing it was missing is action!
Posts: 2292 | From: San Ramon | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com