Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » F#@& U-Haul!!!!!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: F#@& U-Haul!!!!!
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I get a call last night from U-hauls "TRAFFIC" department telling me to go to their Thorton location to get my car dolly. Low and behold no dolly for me. Then they call Grimmer....NO DOLLY! I ask them so now what...they basically tell me I'm SOL.

I understand if they don't have any because they go on one way trips all the time....yet to call me and tell me they have one to go get, make me over an hour late to work and then try and get me to take a four wheel trailer that will rip my bumper off my car just makes me heated! If you work for U-haul sorry but FUCK U-HAUL TODAY!

I need a 2 wheel car dolly I'm in Fremont...someone hook me up!!

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Found one already. UNITED RENTALS in Fremont. Go there for all your renting needs. Maybe a little more $$ but you get what you pay for. As for U-hual....its F u-haul day in my book.
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you didnt call before you went down there to verify?

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

quote:
Originally posted by 94gt:
you didnt call before you went down there to verify?

They called me last night at 4:30 PM telling me to go to their Thorton Ave. location on the 14th (today) and that they have a dolley for me to get. I was there when they opened 7AM. They don't have any and the next one they will get in is on the 17th! When would I call to verify??....right after they called me?? I got there when they opened so they didn't just give it away. "traffic" messed up and shouldn't have called if they didn't have the dolly. I wont be useing U-haul anymore..this is the second time they have messed up my reservations.
sharkattack
¯
Member # 645

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sharkattack  Ford pictures for sharkattack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah FUCK U-haul! I remember when I got out of the Marine Corps 11 years ago, I had to drive my ass, car, and shit from Camp Lejeune N.C. back here to Ca. I got a U-haul to tow the notch and all my boxes of crap (cause it wouldn't fit in the notch)

Fuckers gave me a death trap. Aside from it being a piece of shit thing had a gov. on the motor to only go 60mph which kept heating up and slowing me to 35mph, no AC for the middle of summer, am radio which did not work, and half way across the states one of the damn wheels fell off almost throwing the truck on it's side and wrecking my 93 year old notch [Mad]

I agree, FUCK U-HAUL!!!!!!!!!!!

[ October 14, 2005, 11:50 AM: Message edited by: sharkattack ]

--------------------
1965 Fastback

03 Cobra with some stuff

Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camaro Kid Z/28  Ford pictures for Camaro Kid Z/28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Maybe they should be called ' A-haul's' [Big Grin]

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2649130
"4-eyes forever essay!"

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol [Big Grin]

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sucks but it doesn't surprise me since most of the people that work there are around 16+. And morons.
drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drews50  Ford pictures for drews50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i've had to use u-haul dozens of times between moving up and back from chico and to different houses. i haven't had 1 bad experience, and i've towed my notch and then my droptop before, and they are slow, but i've never had a lemon i guess. that sucks for both of you, but at least you found an alternative jeremy.

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"
1967 Lime Gold 289 coupe "Ethel"

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

quote:
Originally posted by 88DroptopGT:
Sucks but it doesn't surprise me since most of the people that work there are around 16+. And morons.

Yeah I don't want to be cruel to the kid behind the counter today. He didn't call me with the wrong information BUT he was dumb enough to try and give me a 4 wheel trailer for a suv. When clearly up on his screen showed what I had to pull and what I was going to pull it with. My weight limit is 3500 pounds. With car and dolly Im about 200 lbs. below the limit. If I was some idiot that didn't understand the weight limitations he could have sent me off to kill myself. MORON!

10/14/05 is my official F'U-haul Day! [Mad]

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

quote:
Originally posted by shiftylx:
i've had to use u-haul dozens of times between moving up and back from chico and to different houses. i haven't had 1 bad experience, and i've towed my notch and then my droptop before, and they are slow, but i've never had a lemon i guess. that sucks for both of you, but at least you found an alternative jeremy.

Your right....lucky for me United Rentals was availible. I mainly blame u-hauls traffic department. They are the ones that called me and are supposed to know where their equipment is. The poor kids behind the counter just do what they are told...sucks for customers that are 99% on a time crunch. Glad your moves have (dare I say it) gone off without a 'hitch'. Pun-intended. Move as frequently as you did you need some reliability. Still I'll go to U-haul as a ditch last effort if all else fails in the future.
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
UHaul SUCKS. We moved all our stuff using UHaul and 3 times they tried screwing us. Once we had to drive all over the Bay Area just to get a moving truck that we told them we needed and they tols us it would be at this location. When it wasn't there they told us to go to this other location it took 2 hours to find a truck after going to 4 different UHauls.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Just now I called to make sure they aren't going to charge my credit card for canceling the reservation since I was supposed to get the trailer today, yet non are availible until the 17th. On their web page it says that there is a $50 cancelation fee.

Bitch on the phone said they charged my card already for canceling. THEY ARE THE ONES THAT DON'T HAVE THE EQUIPMENT and they are charging me for their mistake!>?!?!?!?!? FUCK U_HAUL!

Called my credit card company and told them not to accept any charges from u-haul as they didn't deliver my equipment....finally someone gives a rats ass today and Chase was happy to block the transaction!

F U C K YOU U - H A U L [Mad] [Mad]

Did I mention the trailer rental cost is only $40 and they charged me $50 to cancel...hahahahah RETARDED!

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yep thats how shitty UHaul is.

Anyone moving never get anyhting from UHaul!

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Geez what a hassle to make all those moves for a dolly you'll never see.
sharkattack
¯
Member # 645

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sharkattack  Ford pictures for sharkattack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jdub07:
Just now I called to make sure they aren't going to charge my credit card for canceling the reservation since I was supposed to get the trailer today, yet non are availible until the 17th. On their web page it says that there is a $50 cancelation fee.

Bitch on the phone said they charged my card already for canceling. THEY ARE THE ONES THAT DON'T HAVE THE EQUIPMENT and they are charging me for their mistake!>?!?!?!?!? FUCK U_HAUL!

Called my credit card company and told them not to accept any charges from u-haul as they didn't deliver my equipment....finally someone gives a rats ass today and Chase was happy to block the transaction!

F U C K YOU U - H A U L [Mad] [Mad]

Did I mention the trailer rental cost is only $40 and they charged me $50 to cancel...hahahahah RETARDED!

Yeah Fuck you U-Haul. Reading your post has pissed me off. I think I am going to send them some hate mail right now!!

On edit. Here is my email to u-haul "I will never use your crappy service ever again. Your equipment sucks, your service people are slow, you apply hidden costs, you call to advise equipment is there when it infact is not. When people try to cancel because of your stupid mistakes you charge them. I hate U-haul! Eat me!"

I feel better [patriot]

[ October 14, 2005, 01:51 PM: Message edited by: sharkattack ]

--------------------
1965 Fastback

03 Cobra with some stuff

uh0h50
CAFords OG
Member # 3125

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uh0h50  Ford pictures for uh0h50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my family had a good experience when using u-haul to move from hayward to oakland. we got their biggest truck from their thorton ave place as well. nothing bad happened. jus my personal experience.

--------------------
AP1 S2000

Posts: 2926 | From: Bay Area 510 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com