Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » DYNO'ED the COBRA

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: DYNO'ED the COBRA
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
keep in mind i have NO tune at all.... made three passes, 1st pull i made right after we got there, no ice or letting the car cool. These are SAE numbers by the way.

1st pull:
419.8/402.7

2nd pull:
after letting the car sit for approx 10 minutes with ice on blower and intake plenum:
428.9/410.1

3rd pull:
let the car sit for another 5 minutes with ice on blower/intake still and hit 435.8/411.5

So pretty happy with the numbers for being untuned and with the few bolt ons i have.

A/F was little lean down low, but up top it was at a nice 11.7, so im proud to say my lil cobra has a 500+hp powerplant under the hood. More to come in time, i dont want to get too carried away with this car. [patriot]

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats!!!
but now you need to post up some pics... its mandatory when a dyno is talked about [Razz]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice numbers!!! Go get it tuned [patriot]
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
BLK02GT
¯
Member # 5653

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK02GT  Ford pictures for BLK02GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Roll Eyes]

pshhh weak...my huffy puts down better numbers! hahahaha!

JP bro...good numbers for not being tuned..NOW GET THAT BITCH TUNED!! [burnout]

--------------------
2019 Ford Expedition Limited
2002 Ford Mustang GT

Originally Member #4241

Posts: 1247 | From: Tracy, ca | Registered: May 2005  |  :
klonoa
¯
Member # 1771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for klonoa  Ford pictures for klonoa    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
MODS? I got 413 rwhp with basanni catted-x, magnaflow catback, and a K&N filter.

[ October 10, 2005, 06:41 PM: Message edited by: klonoa ]

--------------------
2003 Mustang Cobra - 454 rwhp - 470rwtq
Ex. 2001 vortech'ed v6.

Posts: 938 | From: Richmond, Cali. | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
87GeeTee
¯
Member # 5905

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87GeeTee  Ford pictures for 87GeeTee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's it? Weak sauce! [Roll Eyes]

j/k

Time for JeffS biatch! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Member #: 5145
PWA Owner & SRA Member
Two-Gun Motorsports

2002 GT; Gone But Not Forgotten
1987 GT Vert (Sold!)

Posts: 4278 | From: San Pablo | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by klonoa:
MODS? I got 413 rwhp with basanni catted-x, magnaflow catback, and a K&N filter.

3.1" pulley w/billet flow idlers,steeda air filter with heat shield, JLT intake tube,2.5" magnaflow cat-back (still running stock H), and Fluidyne heat exchanger.

--------------------

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that sounds about right for that combo...you're seeing about 10lbs with the 3.1"?

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

DOPE 50
¯
Member # 5892

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DOPE 50  Ford pictures for DOPE 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
GET IT TUNED..NICE NUMBERS MAN [patriot]

--------------------
94 COBRA CLONE CONVERTIBLE
67 SS CHEVY NOVA,CAGED UP,TUBBED,FUEL CELL,ETC..IN THE WORKS.[67SSNOV]
91 INTEGRA ON 17'S
94 Ranger Getting lifted

03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:
that sounds about right for that combo...you're seeing about 10lbs with the 3.1"?

The needle goes past the 10lbs mark on the stock gauge, id guess closer to 12....idk..

--------------------

04cobra408
¯
Member # 4025

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04cobra408  Ford pictures for 04cobra408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i dyno'd 395 first run, 378 second run no more than a mon after the first and another min later a 388, with bassani catback and knn fipk.if i had a scanner id post it. 04 cobra convert

--------------------
Willie Guzman
RIP lil brother
11-23-12

Juan Moya
"The King Cobra"
11/16/81 - 8/20/05

Posts: 1945 | From: san jose ca | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Let's see the graph [Razz]

Get a tune and let's go racing [burnout]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

-

kinda hard to read, but here ya go...

--------------------

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was watching Horsepower TV and they were dynoing a 03 Cobra. They used some computer to adjust the cobras computer and they got 41RWHP just by adjusting the computer without a chip. Then they put a smaller pulley on and only got 8rwhp and then went smaller and got 12rwhp.
Its max rwhp was 427 without any bolt ons except the 2.8 pulley. [Eek!] I thought it was incredible that just adjusting the stock computer would get 41rwhp out of it.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

87GeeTee
¯
Member # 5905

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87GeeTee  Ford pictures for 87GeeTee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra5.0Jeep:
I was watching Horsepower TV and they were dynoing a 03 Cobra. They used some computer to adjust the cobras computer and they got 41RWHP just by adjusting the computer without a chip. Then they put a smaller pulley on and only got 8rwhp and then went smaller and got 12rwhp.
Its max rwhp was 427 without any bolt ons except the 2.8 pulley. [Eek!] I thought it was incredible that just adjusting the stock computer would get 41rwhp out of it.

I saw that episode. I was just awe struck! [Eek!]

--------------------
Member #: 5145
PWA Owner & SRA Member
Two-Gun Motorsports

2002 GT; Gone But Not Forgotten
1987 GT Vert (Sold!)

Posts: 4278 | From: San Pablo | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

quote:
Originally posted by 02GeeTee:
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra5.0Jeep:

I saw that episode. I was just awe struck! [Eek!]
time for you to trade your GT in for a SVT!!! [patriot]

--------------------

04cobra408
¯
Member # 4025

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04cobra408  Ford pictures for 04cobra408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yep, tight episode, still got it saved on the tivo!cant wait to see what numbers the car does after hci finishes my car and jeff tunes it!

--------------------
Willie Guzman
RIP lil brother
11-23-12

Juan Moya
"The King Cobra"
11/16/81 - 8/20/05

Posts: 1945 | From: san jose ca | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
WYLD VRT
¯
Member # 526

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WYLD VRT  Ford pictures for WYLD VRT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 03SVTPower:
keep in mind i have NO tune at all.... made three passes, 1st pull i made right after we got there, no ice or letting the car cool. These are SAE numbers by the way.

1st pull:
419.8/402.7

2nd pull:
after letting the car sit for approx 10 minutes with ice on blower and intake plenum:
428.9/410.1

3rd pull:
let the car sit for another 5 minutes with ice on blower/intake still and hit 435.8/411.5

So pretty happy with the numbers for being untuned and with the few bolt ons i have.

A/F was little lean down low, but up top it was at a nice 11.7, so im proud to say my lil cobra has a 500+hp powerplant under the hood. More to come in time, i dont want to get too carried away with this car. [patriot]

who cares? [Wink] JK! Must be nice to have that bitch back!! =P
Posts: 480 | From: San Luis Obispo, CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

quote:
Originally posted by WYLD VRT:
quote:
Originally posted by 03SVTPower:

1st pull:
419.8/402.7

2nd pull:
428.9/410.1

3rd pull:

who cares? [Wink] JK! Must be nice to have that bitch back!! =P
you're still alive on this board nay-nay [worship]

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com