Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Bad oil change from a shop (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Bad oil change from a shop
93redcobra
CAFords OG
Member # 1344

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93redcobra  Ford pictures for 93redcobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Mad] that sucks
Black88GT
CAFords OG
Member # 394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black88GT  Ford pictures for Black88GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was planning something like this.... Im going to take it down first thing monday morning, and speak with the manager. If all goes well, Im going to tell him Im going to take it to Toyota and have them fix the hood liner, replace the cap, clean the motor, and a new oil change, (dirt might have fallen inside) Im not going to let this shop do anymore work on my car, even if its free. If they dont help me out Ill try to make some phone calls. What is "ARD" and "EPA"?They have numbers here on the recipt.

--------------------
2000 Griggs Racing GT
2012 Kona GT500

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
fuuuuck that...drive it all you want. What if its your only car and you have 3 kids or some shit. Do they expect you to sit home until they decide to open up shop again. Do they expect you to rent a car so you wont drive the car they fucked up? If so they should pay a rental fee. Either way its SO easy to see they did it. Car is brand new, there are clear records they did an oil change for you and you only live 4 miles from home which will show on the paperwork. Don't fret man they will take care of it for you. They'd be stupid not to.
2NSANE
¯
Member # 2644

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2NSANE  Ford pictures for 2NSANE  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This sounds damn familiar another guy I know has a Jetta 1.8T and took it to one of these places and overfilled his car with oil and it caused damages that the dealer had to fix and last I heard the speedy oil change place is still denying all responsability. [Mad] what a bunch of poo heads
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
next time, do it in your own drive way... that way you know exactly what happened.
again, good luck and let us know what happened [patriot]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
BlackDrop50
¯
Member # 1715

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackDrop50  Ford pictures for BlackDrop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
High Street Auto is a crappy place, they dented my droptop and they don't know how to fix shit! Damn that sucks man, I would tell them they need to replace everything or you will contact the BAR, that is the only place that will do anything.
Posts: 1379 | From: 510 East Bay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Black88GT
CAFords OG
Member # 394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black88GT  Ford pictures for Black88GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BlackDrop50:
High Street Auto is a crappy place, they dented my droptop and they don't know how to fix shit! Damn that sucks man, I would tell them they need to replace everything or you will contact the BAR, that is the only place that will do anything.

What exactly is the "bar" NM web page

[ October 09, 2005, 07:14 PM: Message edited by: Black88GT ]

--------------------
2000 Griggs Racing GT
2012 Kona GT500

1FAST89GT
¯
Member # 5071

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1FAST89GT  Ford pictures for 1FAST89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
jiffy lube did that to my wifes mits a few years back the cap fell while driving oil got everywhere. they tried to deny everything then offered a refund and a steamclean thats why u gotta do it yourself
Avengeance
¯
Member # 5163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Avengeance  Ford pictures for Avengeance    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn.. good luck.. hopefully they wont pull the usuall bullshit and blame you for it.

--------------------
02' Limited Edition 35th Ann. SS
620rwhp/570rwtq. 10.6 @ 132mph.

Black88GT
CAFords OG
Member # 394

Well I have to say the shop is taking complete responsibility and they are going to clean it all up and get me a new cap. He said if they cant clean the hoodliner, They will get me a new one. Ill have the wife take it in on weds, and wait with it. Im very pleased with their attitude and how they are trying to make it right. Ill let you guys know how it plays out [patriot]

--------------------
2000 Griggs Racing GT
2012 Kona GT500

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Glad to hear they are stepping up [patriot]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:

hell yah! thats awesome that the shop stepped up!

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 94gt:
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:

hell yah! thats awesome that the shop stepped up!
I remember when i first bought my Honda and took it for an oil change, week later i seen oil leaking underneath the engine so i thought i messed something up while driving so i took it back to the same oil change to get new oil put in (thought i was leaking too much) they told me that the Oil Filter was faulty so they replaced it for free and apologized for the inconvience (sp?) - Ive been using them ever since [worship]

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com