Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Bad oil change from a shop (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Bad oil change from a shop
Black88GT
CAFords OG
Member # 394

Ford Icon 13 posted      Profile for Black88GT  Ford pictures for Black88GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey I wanted to ask for some opinions..... My wife took her car into a local shop to get an oil change, and when she got home she told me the car didn't sound the same, so I went to investigate [Mad] From looking at the pictures, where do I stand? This is a brand new car, the odometer reads 1532 right now. I tried to change the oil last weekend, but I couldn't get the stupid filter off, so I just added 4 qts. I figured a shop could do the first one for me, to loosen up the filter..... Go figure.
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
2000 Griggs Racing GT
2012 Kona GT500

BLK02GT
¯
Member # 5653

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK02GT  Ford pictures for BLK02GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Eek!]

u could try taking it back and complain to the place..but theyll always deny their doing wrong. that sucks bro...

--------------------
2019 Ford Expedition Limited
2002 Ford Mustang GT

Originally Member #4241

Posts: 1247 | From: Tracy, ca | Registered: May 2005  |  :
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
looks like they left the cap off... go down there now, dont call, and talk to their manager and get the district manager involved.

and btw, oil filter removal tools are like $5-6 at kragen [Wink] or an old belt will work

[ October 07, 2005, 09:45 PM: Message edited by: 94gt ]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
is the engine damaged? [Eek!]
I'd go back there and demand your money back and for them to pay for the damages.
How come she didn't go to the dealership?

The first time i started driving i didn't have the tools for an oil change so i took my Jeep to some shop down the street, they spilled oil all over the engine and on the way home it smoked like a mofo. I never took it to a shop again after that.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Black88GT
CAFords OG
Member # 394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black88GT  Ford pictures for Black88GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yea I just called, and they aren't open till Monday..... I wouldn't assume any damage was done to the motor, she only drove it 4 miles, and the level still reads full. I'm wondering if I should wipe it down or what? Should I just go ahead and get it detailed and give them the bill?

--------------------
2000 Griggs Racing GT
2012 Kona GT500

1991CHP
¯
Member # 5097

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1991CHP  Ford pictures for 1991CHP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That sucks, but a BIGGER question is, why would you be adding 4 qts to a brand new car with inly 1,500 miles???? [Eek!] [Eek!]

--------------------
Asphalt Mafia: Founder.

I felt guilty once, but she woke up half way through it.

http://gotbluemilk.com/web050516/24/index.html

Posts: 815 | From: S.F. / SACRAMENTO | Registered: Dec 2004  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Black88GT:
Yea I just called, and they aren't open till Monday..... I wouldn't assume any damage was done to the motor, she only drove it 4 miles, and the level still reads full. I'm wondering if I should wipe it down or what? Should I just go ahead and get it detailed and give them the bill?

don't do anything, tkae more pictures and then take it down there on monday.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra5.0Jeep:
quote:

don't do anything, tkae more pictures and then take it down there on monday.
[patriot]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST

liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1991CHP:
That sucks, but a BIGGER question is, why would you be adding 4 qts to a brand new car with inly 1,500 miles???? [Eek!] [Eek!]

[Confused] [Confused] because the engine requires 4 qrts?? [Confused]

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Black88GT
CAFords OG
Member # 394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black88GT  Ford pictures for Black88GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1991CHP:

Well, I drained the original oil before I figured out I couldnt get the filter off.

--------------------
2000 Griggs Racing GT
2012 Kona GT500

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Also DON'T drive it at all until monday so they can't have a reason to BS you because the miles are way different.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The Vallejo Toyota Dealers put the Oil Filter on SO tight I had to use an Oil Wrench with a 15" extension and my legs to get the damn thing loose.

Why is the cap dented like that? Did it fall the belt or something? I'm guessing they didn't put the cap on and it was jiggling around in there while oil was shooting out of the valve cover hole.

Take those picture and the car to them on Monday and demand everything to fix that crap or you'll take them to BBB.

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 88DroptopGT:
[QB] The Vallejo Toyota Dealers put the Oil Filter on SO tight I had to use an Oil Wrench with a 15" extension and my legs to get the damn thing loose.

Those bastard's are trying to dicourage You from changing Your own oil and filter. [Mad] Everyone's trying to get over on the general public now day's. [BS flag]

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

Black88GT
CAFords OG
Member # 394

quote:
Originally posted by 88DroptopGT:

Why is the cap dented like that? Did it fall the belt or something? I'm guessing they didn't put the cap on and it was jiggling around in there while oil was shooting out of the valve cover hole.

If you look close at the first pic, you can see the cap melted to exhaust manifold. Its right by the dipstick. I really hope they take care of it, But I cant let the car sit all weekend...... I think Ill have to wipe it down, and make them get a new hoodliner and cap. This sucks.

--------------------
2000 Griggs Racing GT
2012 Kona GT500

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

i hope they fix it for you.
If you drive it they will give you a bunch of BS i am sure.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

six 5.0
¯
Member # 3153

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for six 5.0  Ford pictures for six 5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Shoot em. j/k

SEW EM [patriot]

--------------------
IwishIwasan03COBRA!

Posts: 4425 | From: SAN MATEO | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
BlackDrop50
¯
Member # 1715

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackDrop50  Ford pictures for BlackDrop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is that a Prius? If you put the wrong oil in you can damage them!!!! Where did you take it to?
Posts: 1379 | From: 510 East Bay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Black88GT
CAFords OG
Member # 394

quote:

Why do you think so?

--------------------
2000 Griggs Racing GT
2012 Kona GT500

Black88GT
CAFords OG
Member # 394

quote:
Originally posted by BlackDrop50:
Is that a Prius? If you put the wrong oil in you can damage them!!!! Where did you take it to?

No, its not a Prius, its a 05 Camry. The shop was High Street Automotive.

--------------------
2000 Griggs Racing GT
2012 Kona GT500

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

quote:
Originally posted by six 5.0:
SEW EM [patriot]

sew them a what? shirt?
I assume you mean sue? [Wink] [Razz]

quote:
quote:

Why do you think so?
the longer you drive it, they can say "well you knew about that... you chould have done that...etc"

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
quote:

Why do you think so?
cause they might say, "it obviously isn't bad since you drove it"

Or they might put the blame on you cause you drove it

Your wife said it was running funny after the oil change? How does it run now?

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Joooestang66
¯
Member # 2828

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joooestang66  Ford pictures for Joooestang66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It sounded funny because the oil fill cap was off thus letting crank case gasses escape through the hole, causing the noise. The oil on the engine is what was flung up by the camshaft. It wouldnt cause any damage, just smoke from the oil on the exhuast manifold and maybe a CEL (I dont know Toyota's EGR system strategy). If it was your first LOF didnt the dealer give you a coupon book or something for a first free oil change? I think indy shops are bad for new vehicles because usually they aren't trained on how to work on newer vehicles. Not all vehicles are the same.

--------------------
"Don't Drive Faster Than your Guardian Angel Can Fly..... Well My Guardian Angel Can Fly Pretty Fuc*ing Fast!!!"

510_STANG
¯
Member # 4252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 510_STANG  Ford pictures for 510_STANG  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that sux [Mad]
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd complain big time!...New hood liner, oil cap and have someone else steam clean the engine and have the dealer give a fresh oil change AND MAKE THEM PAY FOR IT!~....

If for some reason your engine blows up and the dealer wont cover a new engine because of a faulty oil change, then who's buying you a new engine?...YOU~!

BTW~I'm an ASE parts counterperson at Dublin Toyota...If you need anything shoot me a PM....

[ October 08, 2005, 07:49 PM: Message edited by: BlackNGold ]

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
yohuallin
¯
Member # 4452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yohuallin  Ford pictures for yohuallin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Black88GT:
[QB] Hey I wanted to ask for some opinions..... My wife took her car into a local shop to get an oil change, and when she got home she told me the car didn't sound the same, so I went to investigate [Mad] From looking at the pictures, where do I stand? This is a brand new car, the odometer reads 1532 right now. I tried to change the oil last weekend, but I couldn't get the stupid filter off, so I just added 4 qts. I figured a shop could do the first one for me, to loosen up the filter..... Go figure.
 -
[QUOTE]

I work at oilstop, and we are always responsible for our actions, on the other side for example jiffy lube they are fucking shady.... good luck..

Posts: 359 | From: sacramento | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com