Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » FATAL ACCIDENT IN CARLSBAD (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: FATAL ACCIDENT IN CARLSBAD
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Team SOLO:
Thanks guys...I just wish my efforts would have saved her life.

I have (soon to be past tense) the same style Honda that she was driving. Needless to say, I'm getting rid of that damn thing and stepping up to a crew cab dually. I have a Suburban that my wife drives but when I go to the track, wife and kid take over the Honda...not no more!!!!!

Thats the EXACT reason why I wont buy an import... they have thinner protection around the driver, I want a lot of metal around myself.

There was an accident like that in WA a few years back, a honda driver fell asleep going about 55 in a 35 and hit a f250(dully i think) so hard that it rolled onto its side. The guy and child from the f250 were fine, but rattled. The guy in the honda died on impact... police said his car compressed as easily as a soda can [Frown]

Outstanding job Team SOLO! [worship]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I witnessed a really bad accident this afternoon. A newer 2 door Honda ran a red light going about 50. A Mercedes SUV that had the green (and hit the green running @ 50mph) t-boned the Honda. The SUV instantly rolled...rolled twice...and landed on the tires. I didn't see where the Honda was. I instantly went up to the SUV, saw the driver get out and she said her daughter was still in there. I helped her 13 year old daughter get out. She didn't appear to have any trouble. She complained her stomach hurt but just appeared to be shook up. Right then I started asking where the other car was. No one really knew. Then I heard someone yell 'It's down here'. It went offroad, landed upside down, and the driver was hard to get to. A couple of us did our best to get to her. We could reach her arm and neck. I couldn't feel a pulse but I had a lot of adrenaline going through me so asked one of the other people to check. Someone else said it was there but very low, like 40 beats per minute. The police showed up while we just were getting the door ripped off the car. A few seconds later the FD showed up. They pulled her out of the car and instantly started CPR. After a good 10 minutes...well....it was of no use...she was gone.

[Frown]

[patriot] [worship] To Team SOLO

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Great job on helping out.

People run reds all the time and it'll never stop. It's just rolling the dice with death with that sort of scenario.

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 94gt:
quote:
Thanks guys...I just wish my efforts would have saved her life.

I have (soon to be past tense) the same style Honda that she was driving. Needless to say, I'm getting rid of that damn thing and stepping up to a crew cab dually. I have a Suburban that my wife drives but when I go to the track, wife and kid take over the Honda...not no more!!!!!

Thats the EXACT reason why I wont buy an import... they have thinner protection around the driver, I want a lot of metal around myself.

There was an accident like that in WA a few years back, a honda driver fell asleep going about 55 in a 35 and hit a f250(dully i think) so hard that it rolled onto its side. The guy and child from the f250 were fine, but rattled. The guy in the honda died on impact... police said his car compressed as easily as a soda can [Frown]

Outstanding job Team SOLO! [worship]

I used to drive an '89 Honda Accord. Car lasted until 252,000 miles...and was still going when I sold it. This Honda I drive now was my wife's car when we got married. Once the kid was born, I handed over my Suburban so my kid would be protected. I always worry when I go to the track cuz she takes him in the Honda. I don't think I could live with myself if something happend to my boy in that Honda while I was out racing [Frown]

Needless to say...the dually hunt is on. Just went and checked one out in Roseville on Saturday night. In an email talk with a guy in Virginia for a low miles white dually.

Anyone wanna buy a Honda? [Smile]

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com