Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » FATAL ACCIDENT IN CARLSBAD (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: FATAL ACCIDENT IN CARLSBAD
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I witnessed a really bad accident this afternoon. A newer 2 door Honda ran a red light going about 50. A Mercedes SUV that had the green (and hit the green running @ 50mph) t-boned the Honda. The SUV instantly rolled...rolled twice...and landed on the tires. I didn't see where the Honda was. I instantly went up to the SUV, saw the driver get out and she said her daughter was still in there. I helped her 13 year old daughter get out. She didn't appear to have any trouble. She complained her stomach hurt but just appeared to be shook up. Right then I started asking where the other car was. No one really knew. Then I heard someone yell 'It's down here'. It went offroad, landed upside down, and the driver was hard to get to. A couple of us did our best to get to her. We could reach her arm and neck. I couldn't feel a pulse but I had a lot of adrenaline going through me so asked one of the other people to check. Someone else said it was there but very low, like 40 beats per minute. The police showed up while we just were getting the door ripped off the car. A few seconds later the FD showed up. They pulled her out of the car and instantly started CPR. After a good 10 minutes...well....it was of no use...she was gone.

[Frown]

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
03SHKER
¯
Member # 1397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SHKER  Ford pictures for 03SHKER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn... thats no good.

--------------------
chris@apexmotorsports.com
2555 Lafayette Blvd. Suite #122
Santa Clara, CA 95050
408-588-0075

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Man you did what you could do. It's tuff, but thats the way life is sometimes.

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That sucks. Wonder why she was in such a hurry.

This is why i will always say SUVs are safer than anything else. Those epople who say SUVs are unsafe don't know shit.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Bizob
¯
Member # 3768

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bizob  Ford pictures for Bizob  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damm thats sad. It makes you realize how fast someones life can end. I cant believe that she didnt see the red light. Like said earlier, you did what you could [Frown]

--------------------
01 GT K&N FIPK Mac Prochamber Magnapack Cat-Back Steeda Tri-Ax Eibachs

kingmoochr
¯
Member # 5834

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kingmoochr  Ford pictures for kingmoochr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i can guarantee you she was neither in an especially big hurry nor ignorant of the light. everyone down here in socal drives like complete asses. i see at least 3 red light runs every day. the kind where you tell yourself "oh great, look at this moron who thinks they can make it"
im supprised i have never seen that happen yet.

UNTOUCHABLE2
¯
Member # 5889

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UNTOUCHABLE2  Ford pictures for UNTOUCHABLE2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn thats crazy! thats too bad that u had to see that especially since it was an accident that should of never happened.
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by kingmoochr:
i can guarantee you she was neither in an especially big hurry nor ignorant of the light. everyone down here in socal drives like complete asses. i see at least 3 red light runs every day. the kind where you tell yourself "oh great, look at this moron who thinks they can make it"
im supprised i have never seen that happen yet.

Damn.. you deserve to be shot.
accidents do happend. RIP.
You did the best you could.

[ October 02, 2005, 01:00 PM: Message edited by: Jmir018 ]

--------------------
=(

5OHS5OH
¯
Member # 4665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5OHS5OH  Ford pictures for 5OHS5OH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Tomarrow is never guaranteed...

--------------------
89 Convertable GT
BBK Headers, cai

Posts: 1044 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
kingmoochr
¯
Member # 5834

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kingmoochr  Ford pictures for kingmoochr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how do i deserve to be shoot (shot?)? i didnt say i dont feel bad about what happened, but after growing up in norcal and coming to socal, i have a perspective you just dont get from up there. down here, everyone thinks they own the road and they can do whatever the hell they want because they are the only person on the god damn planet that matters. so they run a red light because what they have to do cant wait 45 secs to a minute, and they end up destroying not only their life, but the life of the person who was obeying the law and affecting the lives of all the people like SOLO who actually care about other people on the planet and they force them to witness their death because they were too self-centered and egotistical to think that maybe they arent the only person on the road or the planet no less. rest in peace to the civic and live in peace to the suv. the chick in the civic isnt the one who has to suffer for decades over the events at a "controlled" intersection.

[ October 02, 2005, 03:10 AM: Message edited by: kingmoochr ]

Avengeance
¯
Member # 5163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Avengeance  Ford pictures for Avengeance    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Helluva thing for you to do... I give you props for doing what you did. Theres a lot of people that wouldnt have done that... and wouldve drove away.

Damn... mustve been insane seeing that happen. [Frown]

--------------------
02' Limited Edition 35th Ann. SS
620rwhp/570rwtq. 10.6 @ 132mph.

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
at least she didnt kill anyone else

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
how do i deserve to be shoot (shot?)? i didnt say i dont feel bad about what happened, but after growing up in norcal and coming to socal, i have a perspective you just dont get from up there. down here, everyone thinks they own the road and they can do whatever the hell they want because they are the only person on the god damn planet that matters. so they run a red light because what they have to do cant wait 45 secs to a minute, and they end up destroying not only their life, but the life of the person who was obeying the law and affecting the lives of all the people like SOLO who actually care about other people on the planet and they force them to witness their death because they were too self-centered and egotistical to think that maybe they arent the only person on the road or the planet no less. rest in peace to the civic and live in peace to the suv. the chick in the civic isnt the one who has to suffer for decades over the events at a "controlled" intersection.

I hate driving in SoCal because if your crusin at 80 on the freeway people come flying up behind you and almost rearend you before they get over.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Impact 5.0
¯
Member # 2805

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Impact 5.0  Ford pictures for Impact 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Team SOLO that takes alot to do what you did, my hat goes off to you and the others who helped out! [patriot]
Posts: 2173 | From: Tracy, CA | Registered: May 2003  |  :
crazyhorse
¯
Member # 5662

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for crazyhorse  Ford pictures for crazyhorse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9Venom9:
Hey Team SOLO that takes alot to do what you did, my hat goes off to you and the others who helped out! [patriot]

same here, nowadays many people are careless and wont help anyone but themselves, its good to know there are still people willing to lend a hand [patriot]

--------------------
1965 Mustang coupe

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Cause you are assuming she did that on purpose what if it was a legit accident. You are already thrashing the girl in the civic for being irresponsible, selfcentered and egotistical. What if she did not see the sign? that's all I'm saying. That's it.
team solo, thanks for helping those people out. most people would unfortunately drive away. [Whoo Whooooo!]

[ October 09, 2005, 01:39 PM: Message edited by: Jmir018 ]

--------------------
=(

season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ November 03, 2006, 08:18 AM: Message edited by: season'd 88 ]

RixSikCobra
¯
Member # 5058

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RixSikCobra  Ford pictures for RixSikCobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by season'd 88:
quote:
Originally posted by Team SOLO:
I witnessed a really bad accident this afternoon. A newer 2 door Honda ran a red light going about 50. A Mercedes SUV that had the green (and hit the green running @ 50mph) t-boned the Honda. The SUV instantly rolled...rolled twice...and landed on the tires. I didn't see where the Honda was. I instantly went up to the SUV, saw the driver get out and she said her daughter was still in there. I helped her 13 year old daughter get out. She didn't appear to have any trouble. She complained her stomach hurt but just appeared to be shook up. Right then I started asking where the other car was. No one really knew. Then I heard someone yell 'It's down here'. It went offroad, landed upside down, and the driver was hard to get to. A couple of us did our best to get to her. We could reach her arm and neck. I couldn't feel a pulse but I had a lot of adrenaline going through me so asked one of the other people to check. Someone else said it was there but very low, like 40 beats per minute. The police showed up while we just were getting the door ripped off the car. A few seconds later the FD showed up. They pulled her out of the car and instantly started CPR. After a good 10 minutes...well....it was of no use...she was gone.

[Frown]

Well its good to have a few of people like you out there cause you never know when your little effort may save a life. Thanks a lot..and i mean that! I have been first on the scene of soo many of these types things its almost just another day in the office. I drive for a living and have for about 25yrs and been in many ugly situations over the yrs and can completely understand the scenerio. Trying to open a car on fire while hearing screams is too much.... Sucks when johnnie law shows up 20 minutes later and says we got it from hear..thanks. PEOPLE!!.. get a grip! shit happens all the time.. PAY ATTENTION!!
+1 [patriot]

--------------------
2004 Terminator
Torch Red Vert
Built,Ported,Cammed,Juiced

Posts: 2120 | From: Pleasanton | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn good shit man... Guess getting T-bone in a civic is no good... My moms got T-gone in her 96 Gt like 5 years ago Lady was gettin of the freeway at like 55 N she said her "brakes went out" damn crazy to think about dying when u just driving...
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Life isn't guaranteed, anything can kill you.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Chris C.
¯
Member # 1949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris C.  Ford pictures for Chris C.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Major props to you helping out! [patriot] I was in a simailar situation a couple of months ago involving a stabbing in Down town Sj. all of the guys friends were just standing around doing nothing. I went up to the guy tryin to help him, but i couldnt start CPR b/c his blood was everywhere and i didnt want to put myself at danger. The guy died in my arms, while i was sitting there making sure his vitals were there. It was definatly an eye opening moment. I didnt sleep right for a month.

--------------------
-1990 Coupe

Posts: 636 | From: San Jose, Ca | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
93redcobra
CAFords OG
Member # 1344

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93redcobra  Ford pictures for 93redcobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

[patriot]
six 5.0
¯
Member # 3153

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for six 5.0  Ford pictures for six 5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

[patriot] [patriot] [patriot] [patriot]

--------------------
IwishIwasan03COBRA!

Posts: 4425 | From: SAN MATEO | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
Blue88lx
¯
Member # 5919

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue88lx  Ford pictures for Blue88lx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by six 5.0:
quote:

[patriot] [patriot] [patriot] [patriot]
[patriot]
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks guys...I just wish my efforts would have saved her life.

I have (soon to be past tense) the same style Honda that she was driving. Needless to say, I'm getting rid of that damn thing and stepping up to a crew cab dually. I have a Suburban that my wife drives but when I go to the track, wife and kid take over the Honda...not no more!!!!!

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com