Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » TRICKFLOW (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: TRICKFLOW
season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ November 03, 2006, 08:20 AM: Message edited by: season'd 88 ]

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
quote:
Originally posted by crazyhorse68:
AND I BLEW THE GASKET 3 TIMES CAUSE OF IT...RIGHT KNOW I'M OUT ABOUT 650.00 IN GASKETS AND MAHINE WORK AND SHIPPING..I THINK I'M GOING TO HAVE SOME COOL PAPPER WEIGHTS...

I guess that will teach whoever is assembling this engine to maybe CHECK things?? Any engine builder who has half a lick of sense knows you check everything.

Period.

John.. that seems like an easy thing to do. but unfortunately there are some retards out there that will look at a problem and simply continue working without giving it much thought.
Yeah, how dare you John... bringing in common sense to a thread like this [Wink] [Razz]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
crazyhorse68
¯
Member # 3176

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for crazyhorse68  Ford pictures for crazyhorse68    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Alrigth guys sorry...I was little pissed off yesterday...Fuck it is what it is and that's that..John you are right should have sent the head back after the 1st time...But just like everyone else i rahter be driving my car...That's my bad.... [patriot]

--------------------
INJECTION IS NICE BUT I'D RATHER BE BLOWN...

putter
¯
Member # 4253

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for putter  Ford pictures for putter    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Screw that the heads defective. Its old yes but that dont change the fact they sold you a badly constructed head. Send trickflow the head I think thats your best bet as they can inspect it like the other guy said after 3 years they prolly think you damaged the head.

I guess that would be termed as a cheap shot from john b? For some peolpe this is a hobby? others a job. Most people take pride in doing things themselves YES even if they screw up they learn right?

Trickflow should have quality control inspectors there you shouldnt need to spend more money inspecting new parts. Then again setting a gasket on it isnt to hard either. [Big Grin] [patriot]

[ September 29, 2005, 12:51 PM: Message edited by: putter ]

--------------------
KEEP THE SHIT REAL!
Is someone posting a bunch of B/S and lies? PM me Ill bust em out for ya!
Sellers Beware WayfastYtee "BAD TRADER"

Posts: 626 | From: sacramento | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
crazyhorse68
¯
Member # 3176

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for crazyhorse68  Ford pictures for crazyhorse68    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Word...But fuck it... [patriot]

--------------------

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by putter:
I guess that would be termed as a cheap shot from john b? For some peolpe this is a hobby? others a job. Most people take pride in doing things themselves YES even if they screw up they learn right?

No, a cheapshot would be if I said he was an ass-clown who's dangerous riding a bicycle. I didn't, nor did I imply it. I don't know if he, or anyone else for that matter, assembled the engine.

Common sense tells me if it's not right after the 2nd time, THERE'S A PROBLEM. I can understand being upset over something that's screwed up. I can side with that. What I don't understand is why anyone would continue with a known problem and expect a different result.

I enjoy driving my car just like anyone else does. [patriot]

Just a quick question...After all this, please tell me you are using BOTH cylinder head alignment dowels.

Edit: and for the record, I do not work on cars for a living. I work on aircraft. [Wink]

[ September 29, 2005, 02:13 PM: Message edited by: JohnB ]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
quote:
Originally posted by putter:

No, a cheapshot would be if I said he was an ass-clown who's dangerous riding a bicycle. I didn't, nor did I imply it. I don't know if he, or anyone else for that matter, assembled the engine.
hahah, assclown is such a versatile word.

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
crazyhorse68
¯
Member # 3176

"Cylinder dowels"????? what the fuck???j/k...Yes i used new every time...and for the record big bore gaskets work on it..Such as 4.155 or bigger..the guy trickflow used a 4.145 o-ring gasket and said there is no problem...But a 1011-2 is 4.100 gasket which they sell with the heads...and that is the first one i blew...I took the head down to groom racing in sj..He hooked me up with a 1031L which is 4.145 i'm pretty sure...Then after blew i went with a cometic which was 4.155 and still having problems...Bottom line is that should have been able to use 1011-2 @ 4.100in bore...and no the head is not o-ring........ [patriot]

--------------------

CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobramanPhil  Ford pictures for CobramanPhil    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Even if your a home mechanic (hobby) one of the basic procedures when putting the heads back on is a thorough inspection of the heads and the block area. You have to make sure everything is okay before you put the heads back on [Smile] Once a headgasket goes ASSUME that the heads can be warped (or the block) or any of the ports are out of alignment.

Do the job right the first time.... [Big Grin]

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500
2011 Porsche 911 TurboS/AWD
2014 GSXR750
2002 GSXR750 Track Beater Bike
2016 Explorer Unlimted

Posts: 1016 | From: California, Bay Area | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
putter
¯
Member # 4253

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for putter  Ford pictures for putter    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Relax. Im not attacking. Just saying I would rather see a guy TRY to fix or build his own and yes after the second blow Someone would start to wonder wtf! That job sentence was in general not directed at you john.

If chevy made an airplane would you fly in it? [Big Grin]

--------------------
KEEP THE SHIT REAL!
Is someone posting a bunch of B/S and lies? PM me Ill bust em out for ya!
Sellers Beware WayfastYtee "BAD TRADER"

Posts: 626 | From: sacramento | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had the same problem with TFS back 1993 or 1994, I cant remember,I bought one of the first sets of Twisted Wedge heads, TFS knew of the problem and offered to give me my money back, but when I bought them, I had them ported first before trying to put them on, so I was screwed, then I decided to have them fixed, I had more material added to all the camber walls, I ran 11s with 121.9mph with these heads, my buddy has them
now and runs 12.0 with them, I still love TFS, I now have another set of Twisted Wedge heads that
are ported by TEA, that I am running now.

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com