Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » TRICKFLOW (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: TRICKFLOW
crazyhorse68
¯
Member # 3176

Ford Icon 13 posted      Profile for crazyhorse68  Ford pictures for crazyhorse68    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
FUCK TRICKFLOW DON'T EVER BUY THERE PEACE OF SHIT HEADS...I HAVE SOME HIGH PORT HEADS AND ONE HEAD HAS A CORE SHIFT.."HEAD GASKET LINES UP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE CC"..AND THE COCK SUCKERS WON'T GIVE ME A NEW ONE..SO THEY OFFER ME A 15% DICOUNT ON A NEW ONE [Confused] ..SORRY ASS MOTHER FUCKERS..DON'T BUY!!! IF YOU DO MAKE SURE THAT EVERYTHING LINES UP... [patriot]

--------------------
INJECTION IS NICE BUT I'D RATHER BE BLOWN...

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Must be a REALLY old set.

And did you buy them directly from TrickFlow? Not Summit or some other parts warehouse?

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
crazyhorse68
¯
Member # 3176

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for crazyhorse68  Ford pictures for crazyhorse68    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
GOT THEM BRAND NEW FROM SUMMIT..AKA TRICKFLOW...ON 12/17/2003...

--------------------

spegull03
¯
Member # 2842

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for spegull03  Ford pictures for spegull03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by crazyhorse68:
GOT THEM BRAND NEW FROM SUMMIT..AKA TRICKFLOW...ON 12/17/2003...

wow thats a long time ago, no wonder they wouldnt give you new ones
DOPE 50
¯
Member # 5892

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DOPE 50  Ford pictures for DOPE 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
SHIT MY BUDDY HAS THE SAME HEADS AND HE BOGHT THEM FROM SUMMIT HOPEFULLY THAT DOESNT HAPPEN TO HIM [Frown]

--------------------
94 COBRA CLONE CONVERTIBLE
67 SS CHEVY NOVA,CAGED UP,TUBBED,FUEL CELL,ETC..IN THE WORKS.[67SSNOV]
91 INTEGRA ON 17'S
94 Ranger Getting lifted

Apexmotorsports
¯
Member # 5307

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Apexmotorsports  Ford pictures for Apexmotorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Trickflow heads have had a history or failure. THey are cheap and produce decent power. But there is a reason why they are so cheap.... they are pretty much a disposable head. We have replaced ALOT of them on Saleen S-351s with AFRs.

Mike Mak
Apex Motorsports
ApexMotorsports.com
2555 Lafayette Suite #122
Santa Clara, CA 95050
Phone: 408/588-0075

Griggs Racing, Maximum Motorsports, SCT, Racelogic, Evolution Motorsports, Eibach, H&R, Bilstein, Ford racing, Kenne Bell, MAC, Bassani, Vortech, AMSoil, Koni, Hawk, AFR, Tokico, Diablosport, $3 Nitrous Refills

[ September 28, 2005, 06:39 PM: Message edited by: Apexmotorsports ]

crazyhorse68
¯
Member # 3176

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for crazyhorse68  Ford pictures for crazyhorse68    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
SHIT THE MOTOR MAYBE HAS 3000 AND THATS MAYBE..AND IT'S A DEFECT...I COULD UNDERSTAND IF IT WAS MY FALT..BUT THE CASTING IS FUCKED..I SAW IT GROOM RACING SAW IT AND MUSTANG CORAL SAW IT...AND THEY AGREE... TRICKFLOW AKA "SUMMIT RACING" IS TRYING TO COVER THER ASS BUY SAYING THE HEAD WAS WELDED ON...BOTTOM LINE IS IF YOU TAKE A 1011-2 AND PUT IT UP TO THE HEAD AND IT OVER HANGS IN THE CC...IT SHOULD NOT MATTER!!!!!!! [patriot]

--------------------

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
did you try sending summit a picture of what you just described?

2 years is a LONG time to not notice that problem though, look at it from their point of view

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That sucks man. Post pictures of what it looks like. I am curious to see what to look for when buying heads.

[patriot]

EDIT: You may also want to send pictures to Trick Flow and see if that changes their mind. What is the warrenty on those heads?

[ September 28, 2005, 06:46 PM: Message edited by: 92stangLX ]

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
crazyhorse68
¯
Member # 3176

THEY HAVE THE HEAD...AND I BLEW THE GASKET 3 TIMES CAUSE OF IT...RIGHT KNOW I'M OUT ABOUT 650.00 IN GASKETS AND MAHINE WORK AND SHIPPING..I THINK I'M GOING TO HAVE SOME COOL PAPPER WEIGHTS...

--------------------

Avengeance
¯
Member # 5163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Avengeance  Ford pictures for Avengeance    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I dont see what the problem is... you bought them in 2003, theyre now used (even if only 3K miles), and you expect Trick Flow to now (in 2005) replace them?

Like someone mentioned.. you should look at it from their perspective. For all they know youve raced on them for 10,000 miles.... and warped them. I wouldnt replace them either... and I think youre lucky they offered you a 15% discount.

Just my opinion.

--------------------
02' Limited Edition 35th Ann. SS
620rwhp/570rwtq. 10.6 @ 132mph.

crazyhorse68
¯
Member # 3176

THANKS FOR YOUR OPINION...WHEN I GET THE HEAD BACK I WILL POST PICS...THEN YOU CAN GIVE ME IT AGAIN AVENGEACE...

--------------------

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you bought these from Summit I wouldn't expect them to give you a refund for it. They simply distribute the products they sell. It's not like Summmit was there and was in control of the TF head when it was manufactured. They just got it off their shelves and mailed it to you.

I would talk to Trickflow, send them pictures and proof of all your reciepts that you spent $600+ in gaskets over this "defected" head.

15% is a pretty good discount though if you think about it.

The question is: when you FIRST got the heads why didn't you put a HG and make sure everything was squared up? And also how many miles do you have on your block? For all we know your blocks mounting surface could be warped as well.

crazyhorse68
¯
Member # 3176

WARPED IS NOT THE PROBLEM...THE GASKET OVER HANGS THE CC CAUSING IT TO BURN IN BETWEEN CHAMBERS...THE HEAD IS DEFECTIVE IT HAS A CORE SHIFT...and thanks cooch...BUT IF I WANTED TO HERE FROM AN ASS I'LL FART... [patriot]

--------------------

CDT
¯
Member # 5004

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CDT  Ford pictures for CDT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
want to sell them?

--------------------
Custom Dyno Tuning
Home of Flat Fee Tuning For All Cars, Trucks and SUV's, EFI & Carb, SCT, AFR, Dynatech, STS Turbos, N2O Refills

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
WARPED IS NOT THE PROBLEM...THE GASKET OVER HANGS THE CC CAUSING IT TO BURN IN BETWEEN CHAMBERS...THE HEAD IS DEFECTIVE IT HAS A CORE SHIFT...and thanks cooch...BUT IF I WANTED TO HERE FROM AN ASS I'LL FART... [patriot]

then turn the fucking caps off

and its been almost 2 years, sucks for you, but your not going to get anything better than 15% off

i just bought a set of tfs track heats, excellent quality, poor packaging

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
..BUT IF I WANTED TO HERE FROM AN ASS I'LL FART... [patriot]

AHHHHHHHHH hahahaa that shit was hella funny... [Whoo Whooooo!]
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Avengeance:
I dont see what the problem is... you bought them in 2003, theyre now used (even if only 3K miles), and you expect Trick Flow to now (in 2005) replace them?

Like someone mentioned.. you should look at it from their perspective. For all they know youve raced on them for 10,000 miles.... and warped them. I wouldnt replace them either... and I think youre lucky they offered you a 15% discount.

Just my opinion.

[patriot]

I wouldn't give you 15%, consider yourself LUCKY..... Your bad for not noticing something this big when installing them 3 years ago. Be hearing how you talk in this thread I wouldn't count on a damn thing you have said as fact. Probably a problem on your end that caused it, imo.

[ September 28, 2005, 10:05 PM: Message edited by: hidnn.o.s. ]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

UNTOUCHABLE2
¯
Member # 5889

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UNTOUCHABLE2  Ford pictures for UNTOUCHABLE2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WELL YUP I LOVE TYPING ON LOCKS! HAHAHAHAHA MAN THAT SUCKS THAT THOSE HEADS ARE GIVING YOU PROBLEMS.
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
AND I BLEW THE GASKET 3 TIMES CAUSE OF IT...RIGHT KNOW I'M OUT ABOUT 650.00 IN GASKETS AND MAHINE WORK AND SHIPPING..I THINK I'M GOING TO HAVE SOME COOL PAPPER WEIGHTS...

I guess that will teach whoever is assembling this engine to maybe CHECK things?? Any engine builder who has half a lick of sense knows you check everything.

Period.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
spegull03
¯
Member # 2842

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for spegull03  Ford pictures for spegull03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
quote:
AND I BLEW THE GASKET 3 TIMES CAUSE OF IT...RIGHT KNOW I'M OUT ABOUT 650.00 IN GASKETS AND MAHINE WORK AND SHIPPING..I THINK I'M GOING TO HAVE SOME COOL PAPPER WEIGHTS...

I guess that will teach whoever is assembling this engine to maybe CHECK things?? Any engine builder who has half a lick of sense knows you check everything.

Period.

werd, you would think that after the first headgasket you would notice that something was up, let alone the third. hell, if it was soo far off, why didnt you notice in the first place [BS flag]
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Summit owns Trick Flow. Bought them quite a while ago.

Love my heads. Nice thing about alumium heads is they can easily be welded and fixed/ported/modified. I had an exhaust port pop a hole thru to water (prolly too much port work), yanked it, had it welded for $100, cleaned up the welding work myself and had the shop put it back together.

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArchersGT  Ford pictures for ArchersGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by wilit:
 -

[patriot]

--------------------
86' LX Vert

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
quote:

Period.

John.. that seems like an easy thing to do. but unfortunately there are some retards out there that will look at a problem and simply continue working without giving it much thought.

--------------------
=(

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com