Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » WHAT BRAND FLUID?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: WHAT BRAND FLUID?
98cobraGUY68
¯
Member # 1505

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for 98cobraGUY68  Ford pictures for 98cobraGUY68  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i havent changed my tranny or diff. fluid in over 30K miles and there are 64K miles on the car. Im not sure what is in there right now but what kind of fluid should i service it with...that is what kind of fluid should i use for the tranny and differential? ALSO ive used pennzoil synthetic 5/30 oil the entire life of the car and want to use good accessable fluid. its a '98 cobra....also when should i look into changeing the viscosity of my oil....there are 32K on the new motor. ANY HELP WOULOD BE GREAT>>>THANKS! [Confused]

[ September 23, 2005, 12:06 PM: Message edited by: 98cobraGUY68 ]

--------------------
:'98 SVT Cobra (Laser Red)(5027/5174)

R.I.P.

Posts: 431 | From: San Jose,CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
03SHKER
¯
Member # 1397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SHKER  Ford pictures for 03SHKER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You should be fine with the 5/30. We use Amsoil synthetics here @ the shop.

--------------------
chris@apexmotorsports.com
2555 Lafayette Blvd. Suite #122
Santa Clara, CA 95050
408-588-0075

98cobraGUY68
¯
Member # 1505

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98cobraGUY68  Ford pictures for 98cobraGUY68  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
by the way i dont know if u remember my car but my car is the one with the griggs k-member that broke....that annoying sound is still going on....any ideas?...i think it might have to do with the driveshaft....alsothe stearing is becomeing looser and the allignment is as good as it gets with the bumo-stear kit and everthing?

--------------------

R.I.P.

03SHKER
¯
Member # 1397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SHKER  Ford pictures for 03SHKER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Haha, you just sent me the same thing in the PM.

--------------------
chris@apexmotorsports.com
2555 Lafayette Blvd. Suite #122
Santa Clara, CA 95050
408-588-0075

98cobraGUY68
¯
Member # 1505

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98cobraGUY68  Ford pictures for 98cobraGUY68  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WOOPS

--------------------

R.I.P.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com