Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Alice got her Class A CDL - Watch out guys!!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Alice got her Class A CDL - Watch out guys!!
Floored
¯
Member # 2312

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Floored  Ford pictures for Floored    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Going to be driving the big trucks now.. hehe

-

Looks like I will be working for a local company to start, making runs from Sac to the bay area.. Also have a few "On the Road" offers here that I am considering as well.

[ September 21, 2005, 11:32 AM: Message edited by: Floored ]

--------------------
~Alice
..blast from the past..

Posts: 788 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wow congrats. I've always wanted to get a class A. Was it hard? Do you have to have a completely clean driving record?

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
Floored
¯
Member # 2312

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Floored  Ford pictures for Floored    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CLEEN 50:
wow congrats. I've always wanted to get a class A. Was it hard? Do you have to have a completely clean driving record?

I have 1pt from 2004, most companies will allow up to 3 in a 3 year period.

I finished top in my class so it wasn't that hard for me.. If you do go be sure you LISTEN to your instructors, it makes life a heck of a lot eaiser. I paid for myself to go to school (4500$), there are companies that will "loan" you the school money but be careful because you have to sign a contract promising to work for them from 6mos-1 year. Also, at DMV many of the company funded driving school students failed. Everyone in my class passed.

Its a TOUGH life to make a decent living your first year, so if you have kids to support you shold maybe consider something else to do. After that first year things look up and you can make some good money. If your seriously ever gunna do it, feel free to check in with me and I'll help you out with anything I can.

--------------------
~Alice
..blast from the past..

drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drews50  Ford pictures for drews50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you should pose by that rig in a bikini [Big Grin]

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"
1967 Lime Gold 289 coupe "Ethel"

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Floored:
quote:
Originally posted by CLEEN 50:

I have 1pt from 2004, most companies will allow up to 3 in a 3 year period.

I finished top in my class so it wasn't that hard for me.. If you do go be sure you LISTEN to your instructors, it makes life a heck of a lot eaiser. I paid for myself to go to school (4500$), there are companies that will "loan" you the school money but be careful because you have to sign a contract promising to work for them from 6mos-1 year. Also, at DMV many of the company funded driving school students failed. Everyone in my class passed.

Its a TOUGH life to make a decent living your first year, so if you have kids to support you shold maybe consider something else to do. After that first year things look up and you can make some good money. If your seriously ever gunna do it, feel free to check in with me and I'll help you out with anything I can.

thanks [patriot]

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by shiftylx:

Its my firm belief that girls in big trucks is sooo effin sexy [Big Grin]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drews50  Ford pictures for drews50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 94gt:
quote:

Its my firm belief that girls in big trucks is sooo effin sexy [Big Grin]
this guy knows what he's talking about [Cool]

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"
1967 Lime Gold 289 coupe "Ethel"

Floored
¯
Member # 2312

quote:

My buddy has a brand new Pete that I'll be posing with soon enough.. haha for 19.95 I'll show you the pics [Razz]

--------------------
~Alice
..blast from the past..

klonoa
¯
Member # 1771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for klonoa  Ford pictures for klonoa    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

-

Looks like I will be working for a local company to start, making runs from Sac to the bay area.. Also have a few "On the Road" offers here that I am considering as well.

Hottest trucker ever [worship]

--------------------
2003 Mustang Cobra - 454 rwhp - 470rwtq
Ex. 2001 vortech'ed v6.

Posts: 938 | From: Richmond, Cali. | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
Floored
¯
Member # 2312

No, your crazy... that Volvo is a pile

This is the hottest truck ever

:DROOL:

-

--------------------
~Alice
..blast from the past..

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
No, your crazy... that Volvo is a pile

This is the hottest truck ever

:DROOL:

-

alice, he said "trucker" [Wink] not truck lol

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camaro Kid Z/28  Ford pictures for Camaro Kid Z/28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

-

I wanna be your first hitchhiker...i do not mind doing 'things' for a ride! [Razz] But over all Congratulations Alice! [worship] [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2649130
"4-eyes forever essay!"

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[worship] Peterbuilt!

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I saw one with spinners on the front section
(the cab I guess) on Hwy 5 a few weeks ago.

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats...we have a few female big rig drivers at UPS were I work they do fine. Good Luck

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

93redcobra
CAFords OG
Member # 1344

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93redcobra  Ford pictures for 93redcobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
congrats..and good luck
SlowStockFox
Stock Fox
Member # 1081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowStockFox  Ford pictures for SlowStockFox  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
alice its rodney. i might be able to get you a job. my best frined works on race cars. he father in law own a big rig company and a few del. also. ill put in a word and what not. see if i cant get you a good job. pm me also i got some questions for ya {or aim}

--------------------
i walk around....dont drink and drive

Floored
¯
Member # 2312

quote:
Originally posted by 94gt:
alice, he said "trucker" [Wink] not truck lol

haha I'm such a retard.. lol

Start work tomorrow on the bay area route. Its a midnight-noon shift

--------------------
~Alice
..blast from the past..

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My uncle has a 53 Peterbuilt dumptruck sitting in his backyard, i've been trying to get my dad to get it. They also have a huge loader too. My uncle has a lot of cool stuff in the backyard
 -
He also has this...
 -
That would be sik to drive the dumptruck. [Eek!]

[ September 21, 2005, 05:40 PM: Message edited by: Cobra5.0Jeep ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Floored
¯
Member # 2312

um ewww.

lol this princess ass dont drive anything that old

[Wink]

--------------------
~Alice
..blast from the past..

87GeeTee
¯
Member # 5905

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87GeeTee  Ford pictures for 87GeeTee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

My buddy has a brand new Pete that I'll be posing with soon enough.. haha for 19.95 I'll show you the pics [Razz]
With that be going towards an 03/04 Cobra? [Razz]

--------------------
Member #: 5145
PWA Owner & SRA Member
Two-Gun Motorsports

2002 GT; Gone But Not Forgotten
1987 GT Vert (Sold!)

Posts: 4278 | From: San Pablo | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camaro Kid Z/28  Ford pictures for Camaro Kid Z/28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
um ewww.

lol this princess ass dont drive anything that old

[Wink]

whats your handle good buddy?!

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2649130
"4-eyes forever essay!"

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats.. nothing better than a fine girl with a big truck.. [patriot] [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
=(

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com