Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » New Orlean's Mayor on the catastrophe (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: New Orlean's Mayor on the catastrophe
WRS92GT
¯
Member # 5008

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WRS92GT  Ford pictures for WRS92GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The rule to live by:
The best defense is a good offense.

C. Ray Nagin and Katherine Blanco should be held responsible for not taking proper measures prior to the hurricane hitting their state/city. Being a former emergency services public employee I know firsthand that cities and states have disaster training and pre-planning especially for events such as Hurricane Katrina.

It seems to me as though the federal government basically didn't want to hear about the "what if's" in regard to a catagory 4+ storm hitting the Gult Coast region and especially New Orleans which levee system was only able to withstand a catagory 3 hurricane. FEMA is a crock of shit in my opinion. In my opinion each individual state should be alloted a certain amount of money as per rated by federal evaluators so that a State Office Of Emergency Services can deal with things such as major storms, fires, rioting and so on.

The bottom line here is it takes time to move resources into an area that has been in all accounts completely destroyed. Accountability does need to be taken into consideration BUT only after search and rescue operations cease and rebuilding begins. There will be plenty of time in the future to point fingers at whom exactly to blame.

One last comment to those whom feel the need to blame George W......the whole blaming Bush for not snapping to attention in front of elementary school children directly after being notified that the US was under terrorist attacks on 9/11. Have some of you idiots that throw that up as a cop out ever heard of "keep the victim calm?" Christ use your fucking head and not your asses when you think!

Posts: 455 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
graylx
¯
Member # 3919

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for graylx  Ford pictures for graylx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by iron281:
Louisiana disaster plan, pg 13, para 5 , dated 01/00

'The primary means of hurricane evacuation will be personal vehicles. School and municipal buses, government-owned vehicles and vehicles provided by volunteer agencies may be used to provide transportation for individuals who lack transportation and require assistance in evacuating'

Mr. Mayor, why weren't these buses used to evacuate people ahead of the storm?

146 buses at this facility, on Canal Street, which is less than a mile from the Superdome.

-

Mr. Mayor, why weren't these buses used to evacuate people ahead of the storm?

255 more buses at the Ray Nagin Memorial Motor Pool.

-

By rough count, well over 20,000 people could have been evacced in one run out of the city.

But instead, all these buses now sit in 6 feet of water, wasted, useless, and leaking tons of diesel fuel.

What say ye Mr. Mayor? Mr. Jesse Jackson? Anyone?

OWNED [Eek!]

--------------------
2012 Mustang GT
1989 Mustang LX 5.0 Notch
1995 Impala SS

SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sf89lx:
jUST WATCH this video guys...
http://www.michaelmoore.com/_images/splash/aaron_broussard.mov

ttt

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
iron281
¯
Member # 80

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iron281  Ford pictures for iron281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's all about the buses. WHY DIDN'T THE MAYOR AND THE GOVERNOR ORDER THE EVACUATION OF THE PEOPLE BEFORE THE STORM HIT? It's in the city's damned OFFICIAL PLAN FOR EVACUATION!

Bush also urged the governor to declare a MANDATORY evacuation as early as Friday before Katrina hit.

Why didn't she do it? Where was the mayor? Neither one of these good for nothing fucking idiots did a God damned thing for these people.

Answer these questions Mr. Moonbat, and you'll get a gold star, and a kick in the ass on your way out the door.

Posts: 385 | From: San Jose, California | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com