Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » How to get rid of cats/raccoons?? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: How to get rid of cats/raccoons??
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ok here's the story,
My backyard is finally done. i will be planting fruit trees and whatnot in the near future. For some reason cats and racooms love to take shits in my yard. what can i do to stop this. i've tried numerous things and am getting very tired of having to clean their shit up. right now i'm thinking of using my paintball gun, but that might be traceable and i'm sure that won't be a permanet solution. my mom is thinking about using poison, but that to me is fucked up. i don't want to kill them... i just want to keep them away from my property.

--------------------
=(

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
paintball gun or a weak bb gun will work [Big Grin]
or how about peeing all over your backyard to mark the territory?

[ August 27, 2005, 01:26 PM: Message edited by: Hungry Hippo ]

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I used a trap to catch all the strays around my house. Just one of those traps when they walk in and step on a part of the floor the door falls down and just traps them. I would stick a bowl of cat food in to get them to go in. I would catch opposums(sp) from time to time.

PS I hate cats!

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX':
I used a trap to catch all the strays around my house. Just one of those traps when they walk in and step on a part of the floor the door falls down and just traps them. I would stick a bowl of cat food in to get them to go in. I would catch opposums(sp) from time to time.

PS I hate cats!

then you get out the hose, spray the shit out of them, then let them go

they never come back after that

and for those that think that is mean, if u have raccoons coming through the cat door and sleeping on your just painted ac cobra kit car, what would you do

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

87GeeTee
¯
Member # 5905

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87GeeTee  Ford pictures for 87GeeTee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA:
quote:
Originally posted by 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX':

PS I hate cats!

then you get out the hose, spray the shit out of them, then let them go

they never come back after that

and for those that think that is mean, if u have raccoons coming through the cat door and sleeping on your just painted ac cobra kit car, what would you do

Shoot them with the sawed off. [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
Member #: 5145
PWA Owner & SRA Member
Two-Gun Motorsports

2002 GT; Gone But Not Forgotten
1987 GT Vert (Sold!)

Posts: 4278 | From: San Pablo | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
uh0h50
CAFords OG
Member # 3125

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uh0h50  Ford pictures for uh0h50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i've heard antifreeze does the trick! hahaha.. i hate cats too

--------------------
AP1 S2000

Posts: 2926 | From: Bay Area 510 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[/QUOTE]Shoot them with the sawed off. [Whoo Whooooo!] [/QB][/QUOTE]

[dance] [Whoo Whooooo!]

stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[/QUOTE]Shoot them with the sawed off. [Whoo Whooooo!] [/QUOTE]

[dance] [Whoo Whooooo!]

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was going to say get a dog but then I realized you would then be cleaning up dog shit! I would shoot em before the poisening because poisening em is a slow and cruel death. [Roll Eyes] [BS flag]

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

Quick 88LX
¯
Member # 1950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quick 88LX  Ford pictures for Quick 88LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My dogs take care of the cats and racoons around my house. My dog has actually killed a cat before... I watched the whole thing and, I must say, dogs are the best pets ever.

--------------------
"Men are Made, Not Born"
Car Picture : http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/quick88lx/
Original Member #495. Can I get my number back?

Posts: 1784 | From: Fairfield, CA/Okinawa, Japan | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
.22 CB cap to the head, people will think it's a firecracker.
slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my grandfather got tired of the cats in his backyard, he did the above mentioned traps and dropped the cats off at the animal shelter.
NO MANRZ
¯
Member # 566

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NO MANRZ  Ford pictures for NO MANRZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
To all of you people talking about killing these little cats, have you ever thought that maybe it is a little kids pet? I don't know about you guys but the one time my little cousin found his dead cat is was heart breaking.

How about the next time you are drunk and piss/shit in my yard I put a few rounds from a 45 into your head? [patriot] Sound fair?

edit - I agree with 66ac. Can be taken care of much better ways.

[ August 27, 2005, 08:47 PM: Message edited by: NO MANRZ ]

--------------------
Bring It . . .

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i know they are probably someone's pets that's why i don't want to use poison.. i just want them out of my property period. i don't care about killing raccoons. if you see me taking a shit in your property then by all means come and shoot me.

--------------------
=(

Jermz510
¯
Member # 5362

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jermz510  Ford pictures for Jermz510  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by uh0h50:
i've heard antifreeze does the trick!

QFT [patriot]

jk, i love animals, but raccoons are pests

--------------------
*rice rockets are like assholes, everyone has one and they all fart.*

haha mine doesnt yet :D

Posts: 63 | From: Fremont, CA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just trap them or piss all over your property. It'll scare the raccoons away but probably not the cats.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra5.0Jeep:
Just trap them or piss all over your property. It'll scare the raccoons away but probably not the cats.

Yeah have a kegger and tell your buddies your bathrooms broke. [patriot]

--------------------

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinLX:
quote:

my piss scares away the bears and mountain lions [Eek!] [Razz]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
quote:
quote:

It's all that protein you take.. [Razz]

--------------------
=(

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
quote:
quote:
quote:

It's all that protein you take.. [Razz]
haha or they can tell not to mess with me [Eek!] [Cool]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

i'll go mark my territory later.. i'll keep you guys updated.. [Wink]

--------------------
=(

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:

haha ok tight

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

87GeeTee
¯
Member # 5905

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87GeeTee  Ford pictures for 87GeeTee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have ingested a lot of water today. Perhaps, I shall mark my territory. Just like my dog does.

--------------------
PWA Owner & SRA Member
Two-Gun Motorsports

1987 GT Vert (Sold!)

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

quote:

I have a big stuffed animal that loos like a dog i wonder If it would scare the cats away if you set it out in the backyard, like a scarecrow?

--------------------

87GeeTee
¯
Member # 5905

quote:
quote:

I have a big stuffed animal that loos like a dog i wonder If it would scare the cats away if you set it out in the backyard, like a scarecrow?
If you don't really care about it. Put it out there.

--------------------
PWA Owner & SRA Member
Two-Gun Motorsports

1987 GT Vert (Sold!)

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com