Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » How to get rid of cats/raccoons?? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: How to get rid of cats/raccoons??
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 02GeeTee:
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinLX:
quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
i'll go mark my territory later.. i'll keep you guys updated.. [Wink]

I have a big stuffed animal that loos like a dog i wonder If it would scare the cats away if you set it out in the backyard, like a scarecrow?
If you don't really care about it. Put it out there.
I did'nt mean I was going to drive My stuffed animal all the way to foster city, just throwing out some ideas for the man. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NO MANRZ:
To all of you people talking about killing these little cats, have you ever thought that maybe it is a little kids pet? I don't know about you guys but the one time my little cousin found his dead cat is was heart breaking.

How about the next time you are drunk and piss/shit in my yard I put a few rounds from a 45 into your head? [patriot] Sound fair?

edit - I agree with 66ac. Can be taken care of much better ways.

LOL, what the hell kind of neighborhood do you live in where people shit on your property? LOL LOL LOL [dance]

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
jersey since i'm going to your house later i will piss on your property too [Big Grin] .

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Hungry Hippo:
quote:
To all of you people talking about killing these little cats, have you ever thought that maybe it is a little kids pet? I don't know about you guys but the one time my little cousin found his dead cat is was heart breaking.

How about the next time you are drunk and piss/shit in my yard I put a few rounds from a 45 into your head? [patriot] Sound fair?

His neighbors have NO MANRZ!! [Big Grin]

LOL, what the hell kind of neighborhood do you live in where people shit on your property? LOL LOL LOL [dance]
His neighbors have NO MANRZ. [Eek!]

[ August 28, 2005, 12:50 PM: Message edited by: SmokinLX ]

--------------------

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

I have a big stuffed animal that looks like a dog i wonder If it would scare the cats away if you set it out in the backyard, like a scarecrow?
the cats will know its fake.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Bizob
¯
Member # 3768

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bizob  Ford pictures for Bizob  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
okay so this might sounda little weird but try this. get an empty milk gallon and fill it up with water and put it in your yard, maybe even two, put them in a corner or something. I know whoever is reading this probably thinks im crazy but dogs used take shits in our front yard all the time for some reason and someone told us to this and it worked. i dont know if it will work for cats or racoons but its worth a try.

p.s. im probably gonna get flamed for even suggesting such a stupid idea but i swear it worked believe it or not

--------------------
01 GT K&N FIPK Mac Prochamber Magnapack Cat-Back Steeda Tri-Ax Eibachs

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you won't get flamed. i actaully tried that.. but still found poop in my grass nontheless... i'll go fill those buckets with piss...maybe that will work [Big Grin]
Carlos.. where are you? drink a lot of wter before you come over.. [patriot]

--------------------
=(

WHYT LIE
¯
Member # 5925

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WHYT LIE  Ford pictures for WHYT LIE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The jug of water works in front yards sometimes, as do rocks and other things.

Try this, get some red pepper (the hotter the better, cayane, etc) and spread that powder around your property/house. You can also mix it with water and spray it on things, like the fence, etc.

I've hear this works really well in keeping cats and deer out of planters/gardens.

Posts: 113 | From: Lincoln, CA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
Bizob
¯
Member # 3768

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bizob  Ford pictures for Bizob  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WHYT LIE:

Try this, get some red pepper (the hotter the better, cayane, etc) and spread that powder around your property/house. You can also mix it with water and spray it on things, like the fence, etc.

I've hear this works really well in keeping cats and deer out of planters/gardens.

I have a funny story about the cayane pepper. we used to have a clothes line to dry our washed clothes in the backyard at our old house. So we would hang up our wet clothes and as soon as we would go into the house our rottwieler would start to rip the clothes off the line and chew them up. so we put a a couple of towels on the line and doused them with all sorts of hot stuff like tobasco, cayane pepper, and a lot of other hot stuff thinking that we would teach her a lesson. Well that plan backfired big time because for some reason our dog loved to chew on the spicy towel, she couldnt get enough. Needless to say we invested in a dryer

--------------------
01 GT K&N FIPK Mac Prochamber Magnapack Cat-Back Steeda Tri-Ax Eibachs

spegull03
¯
Member # 2842

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for spegull03  Ford pictures for spegull03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Bizob:
quote:

I have a funny story about the cayane pepper. we used to have a clothes line to dry our washed clothes in the backyard at our old house. So we would hang up our wet clothes and as soon as we would go into the house our rottwieler would start to rip the clothes off the line and chew them up. so we put a a couple of towels on the line and doused them with all sorts of hot stuff like tobasco, cayane pepper, and a lot of other hot stuff thinking that we would teach her a lesson. Well that plan backfired big time because for some reason our dog loved to chew on the spicy towel, she couldnt get enough. Needless to say we invested in a dryer
 -

you could also try one of these:
 -
[Whoo Whooooo!]

87GeeTee
¯
Member # 5905

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87GeeTee  Ford pictures for 87GeeTee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I have a big stuffed animal that loos like a dog i wonder If it would scare the cats away if you set it out in the backyard, like a scarecrow?
I did'nt mean I was going to drive My stuffed animal all the way to foster city, just throwing out some ideas for the man. [Big Grin]
Haha, I didn't really READ your post. I thought you were having the same problems with your backyard. [Razz]

--------------------
Member #: 5145
PWA Owner & SRA Member
Two-Gun Motorsports

2002 GT; Gone But Not Forgotten
1987 GT Vert (Sold!)

Posts: 4278 | From: San Pablo | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Haha, I didn't really READ your post. I thought you were having the same problems with your backyard. [Razz]
No hurt feelings here. My dog does'nt allow smaller animals in the backyard. [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------

Migs
¯
Member # 5439

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Migs  Ford pictures for Migs  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by spegull03:
quote:
Originally posted by Bizob:
quote:

-

you could also try one of these:
 -
[Whoo Whooooo!]

LOL [dance]

--------------------
R.I.P SilverLX! You are missed bro.

Posts: 348 | From: Healdsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well.. i took care of busyness today [Razz] . special thanks to yohaullin and losbadgt for contributing with their "support"
I cleaned all the poop and will keep you guys updated. [patriot]

--------------------
=(

SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

LMAO

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i had no problem pissing all over your back yard [Big Grin]

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd hit em with my paintball gun. I did it before and had no complaints.

Besides, everyone laughs when a blue-stained squirrel darts across the street. [Razz]

Fast_Bitch
¯
Member # 2316

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fast_Bitch  Ford pictures for Fast_Bitch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
petsmart and most pets stores carry a replent. I know fisrt hands it works you line your back yard with it and it wont hurt plants either here is one product .its not to expensive

http://www.petsmart.com/global/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%

http://www.petsmart.com/media/ps/images/products/detail/thumb/April04/thumb_6121_376bb.jpg

[ August 29, 2005, 01:18 PM: Message edited by: Fast_Bitch ]

--------------------
www.GirlsFmx.com

Think you can keep up ?

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

quote:
Originally posted by 88DroptopGT:
I'd hit em with my paintball gun. I did it before and had no complaints.

Besides, everyone laughs when a blue-stained squirrel darts across the street. [Razz]

Lol! That would be cool.

--------------------

NO MANRZ
¯
Member # 566

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NO MANRZ  Ford pictures for NO MANRZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sf89lx:
quote:
quote:

LMAO
What, you guys never been to the tenderloin? LMAO...Good old SF [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Bring It . . .

SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by sf89lx:
quote:
quote:

LMAO
What, you guys never been to the tenderloin? LMAO...Good old SF [Roll Eyes]
dude,,, you should post some pics!!!
[Eek!] and i know what u mean,, the worst is like the druggie / drunkie shits... they're all watery.... and you know what i mean... [Razz]

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

for the record.. pissing DOES NOT WORK.. [Mad] [Mad]

i'll go piss some more and hope to not find any poop tomorrow. i'll post an update.

--------------------
=(

UNTOUCHABLE2
¯
Member # 5889

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UNTOUCHABLE2  Ford pictures for UNTOUCHABLE2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i got rid of my cats easy... there was 4 of them that was bothering me. i just got me an off road H pipe and that solved my problem. [Razz]
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My friends had cat problems and they would trap them, keep them in there for a couple of days, spray them with water, kick the trap around a bit, and then let them go. They would run away and never come back. Sounds kinda strange but I guess it worked.

Antoher option would be low voltage electrified wire along the top of your fence.

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

I wonder if ya put fly paper or sometthing sticky on the fence if that would detour them?

--------------------

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com