Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Say what about GT40 heads????!!! (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Say what about GT40 heads????!!!
hilltim54
¯
Member # 10655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hilltim54  Ford pictures for hilltim54    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Tied of u guys ragging the ole iron heads lol

http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/global_item.php?gik=383

--------------------
Just bcuz you lived a long life dont mean it cant come to a short end old ass nigga.

Thugnificent

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
they suck

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FRC_Kid  Ford pictures for FRC_Kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Would had made only more with some real heads... [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
Pretend Racecar Driver- C5 FRC

Ford, GM, & Dodge is what I'm all about

Posts: 2578 | From: All over the Peninsula | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
hilltim54
¯
Member # 10655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hilltim54  Ford pictures for hilltim54    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I dnt know about u guys but that is PLENTY of power for me...

--------------------
Just bcuz you lived a long life dont mean it cant come to a short end old ass nigga.

Thugnificent

hilltim54
¯
Member # 10655

U guys are gonna be first on the choppin block when I get my car all together... Lol [patriot] [burnout]

--------------------

Thugnificent

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
only head im scared of is..a girl with braces

--------------------
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

hilltim54
¯
Member # 10655

quote:
Originally posted by 2TONE:
only head im scared of is..a girl with braces

Hahahahahaha

--------------------

Thugnificent

CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobramanPhil  Ford pictures for CobramanPhil    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
they suck

When they came out like what...18 years ago they were a pretty good upgrade over the stock mustang heads. Add a simple cobra/gt intake, a mild cam and that is a fun street car to have (add nitrous or blower and it gets more friendly then what the stock tires could handle anyway). Of course by now there are some better (aluminum heads), but back then I was hitting 425-436rwhp(depending on weather/heat) on my stock headed cobra motor with a stock pullied vortech and that was plenty. I could of made more, but the block was the limitation and not the heads/intake or cam.

Conclusion..you guys are spoiled;)

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500
2011 Porsche 911 TurboS/AWD
2014 GSXR750
2002 GSXR750 Track Beater Bike
2016 Explorer Unlimted

Posts: 1016 | From: California, Bay Area | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you've got $300 to spend, they're a good head. If you've got $1300 to spend, yeah, there's much better alternatives out there.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
hilltim54
¯
Member # 10655

quote:
Originally posted by CobramanPhil:
quote:
they suck

When they came out like what...18 years ago they were a pretty good upgrade over the stock mustang heads. Add a simple cobra/gt intake, a mild cam and that is a fun street car to have (add nitrous or blower and it gets more friendly then what the stock tires could handle anyway). Of course by now there are some better (aluminum heads), but back then I was hitting 425-436rwhp(depending on weather/heat) on my stock headed cobra motor with a stock pullied vortech and that was plenty. I could of made more, but the block was the limitation and not the heads/intake or cam.

Conclusion..you guys are spoiled;)

Man thanks... Thats plenty of power for me also.. Especialy on a stock bottom end...
Wat cam did u have??

--------------------

Thugnificent

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

actually i heard the aluminum gt40s are ok..but you know 6-800u can get a nice set of used aluminums vs the used cast

--------------------

MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MauriSSio  Ford pictures for MauriSSio    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
flow numbers:

------stock heads 127cc----GT40 145cc----GT40 178cc Almnm
.200-------109/73------------111/98-----------130/112
.300-------142/100-----------159/125----------184/143
.400-------148/110-----------183/129----------220/163
.500-------150/113-----------187/129----------238/173
.600-------155/111-----------192/129----------249/175

[ April 05, 2011, 03:22 PM: Message edited by: MauriSSio ]

Captain Obvious
¯
Member # 7842

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Captain Obvious  Ford pictures for Captain Obvious    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you got money to spend the sky's the limit, but for the price ($300) GT40 heads are the shit.

[ April 05, 2011, 03:25 PM: Message edited by: 68stanger ]

--------------------
It's NOT illegal. It's just frowned upon, like masturbating on an airplane.

MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MauriSSio  Ford pictures for MauriSSio    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 68stanger:
If you got money to spend the sky's the limit, but for the price ($300) GT40 heads are the shit.

for $300 (if thats what theyre going for, i dont know) theyre gonna give you the biggest return on your investment power-wise than any other mod you can do IMO. But it also depends on what your end goal is as well. The problem is when people start throwing even more money into them like good valvetrain and port work and suddenly youre into those heads for more or close to what you could have bought the better stuff with (AFR or TFS) and youd be making less HP with the GT40's
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hilltim54:
U guys are gonna be first on the choppin block when I get my car all together... Lol [patriot] [burnout]

you're in Sacramento?

hope you don't try and "chop" my way or I'll put you back on the jackstands...

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
they're decent, but I prefer aluminum for the weight savings off the front of the car.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
hilltim54
¯
Member # 10655

Lol im in Sac... But I dnt really mind the extra weight.. On jack stands huh?? We will have to see about that..

--------------------

Thugnificent

CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Lol im in Sac... But I dnt really mind the extra weight.. On jack stands huh?? We will have to see about that..

have fun trying to keep up... [patriot]

-

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FRC_Kid  Ford pictures for FRC_Kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Stock mustang parts do not= fast.
That's why most of us get rid of most of them.

--------------------

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cali95gt:
quote:

Define fast.... Stock stuff can do quite well if you know what you are doing.
Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
hilltim54
¯
Member # 10655

quote:
Originally posted by Notch1320:
quote:
quote:

True that..like I said 450 ponies to the ground is PLENTY!!

--------------------

Thugnificent

FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

quote:
Originally posted by Notch1320:
quote:
quote:

Ok well when compared to other street cars it's not fast... Most of us here live on the streets not the track... Ou don't catch fast mustangs in the streets with stock parts...

--------------------

Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam5.0  Ford pictures for Adam5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
11 psi of boost. with some good heads you will be at 450hp with just 7 psi. Just because you can make power with them doesnt mean they are the top dog out there.

run that guys same setup but with alum. heads and I will put money down that it makes more power

--------------------
want something old and japanese

Posts: 1609 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :
hilltim54
¯
Member # 10655

Ok man.. Ley me get this straight... I posted this thread to show u guys that said u can only make 350rwhp with GT40 heads and a s trim... But now I know u can make alot more.. 450 is well enough for me.. Im not sayin im gonna smoke everyone but ill get my respect. Now stop going on about ur flimsy aluminum heads..
Timmy outtttt [burnout]

--------------------

Thugnificent

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

300rwhp with a gt40 h/c/i is pushing it i think,i think only johnb has done it,if u got 1200 to buy an s-trim,you should have 1000 to spend on some heads

--------------------

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com