Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Anti- theft tricks (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Anti- theft tricks
306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306Coupe  Ford pictures for 306Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Any one have any tricks to prevent mustangs from getting stolen? I am moving to Vallejo on Friday and need some tricks to help my baby out. The bad guys always tries to steal her. I actually had one of my cars strip a year ago because they couldn't steal it. Any ideas would help.

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You can rig a switch to your fuel pump relay under the drivers seat...Maybe hide the switch close to the drivers seat and it's really easy to run the wire that close...

Good luck... [patriot]

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
make your interior stink so bad that no one can bear to be in the car [patriot]

but yeah, i guess the next best thing is a hidden fuel pump switch

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

graylx
¯
Member # 3919

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for graylx  Ford pictures for graylx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Maybe a Prolock?

--------------------
2012 Mustang GT
1989 Mustang LX 5.0 Notch
1995 Impala SS

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What about the removable steering wheel...

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

Stangs R Us
¯
Member # 4495

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stangs R Us  Ford pictures for Stangs R Us    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
pull off your coil wire and take it in the house with you, cuz what car jacker would carry around a coil wire?
Posts: 3100 | From: sacramento | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
Blu50Stang
CAFords OG
Member # 489

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blu50Stang  Ford pictures for Blu50Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I won't post my tricks, but here's one I used to use. I used to take the rotor from my distributor. It is the same as pulling the wire from the coil, but it's not apparent when the hood is up.

[ November 25, 2004, 12:46 PM: Message edited by: Blu50Stang ]

--------------------
Ross
'88 GT - 5.0&SF 4/04 | MM&FF 8/09 | MM&FF 79-93 Mustang Performance Cover 12/12
'17 GT350R

Stangs R Us
¯
Member # 4495

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stangs R Us  Ford pictures for Stangs R Us    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well if u cant park your car in the garage, you can always get a pitbull, have cameras in front of your house, get an alarm on your car, and have a piece in your house hidden away for that special little moment, [Big Grin] it seems to work pretty good for me. [patriot]
Posts: 3100 | From: sacramento | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306Coupe  Ford pictures for 306Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
One of the tricks I know is to unplug your fuel pump. Most people would look for a switch. Also, my last car had a detachable steering wheel and they just strip it where it was parked. Stole my interior, stering wheel (that was in the trunk, which they couldn't use without the key), my $3000 music system, cut my top and a few other thigs. I actually would of preferred them to of just stole it.

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by red GT black rallyes:
pull off your coil wire and take it in the house with you, cuz what car jacker would carry around a coil wire?

that doesn't work, takes all of 10 seconds to pull off a spark plug wire and put that in place of the coil wire. it will run fine enough to drive away on 7 cyl's.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
89saleen
¯
Member # 3083

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89saleen  Ford pictures for 89saleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[QUOTE]Originally posted by HungryHippo:
[QB] make your interior stink so bad that no one can bear to be in the car [patriot]

Or a fake dogcrap on the seat.

--------------------
Its over Johnny-

six 5.0
¯
Member # 3153

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for six 5.0  Ford pictures for six 5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by HungryHippo:
make your interior stink so bad that no one can bear to be in the car [patriot]

but yeah, i guess the next best thing is a hidden fuel pump switch

HAHAHAH

I think the guy I bought my last car off of used that same trick [Big Grin]

--------------------
IwishIwasan03COBRA!

Posts: 4425 | From: SAN MATEO | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
ShiftyGT
¯
Member # 3862

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ShiftyGT  Ford pictures for ShiftyGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The only one true solution is one we would all like to do.
Just never stop driving your car!

--------------------
1990 GT, Back in action

WeStBaY5.0
unregistered

Ford Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
well if u cant park your car in the garage, you can always get a pitbull, have cameras in front of your house, get an alarm on your car, and have a piece in your house hidden away for that special little moment, [Big Grin] it seems to work pretty good for me. [patriot]

where can i find a good place to buy cameras?
how much are we talking?
whats the best deal around?

:
GOTULKN
¯
Member # 4933

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GOTULKN  Ford pictures for GOTULKN    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I worked on a car that had air horns on the passenger side fender well.... and ran some kinda high pitch siren inside the car on the passenger side...... It was so loud it made my eyes water... I was doing a 5 speed swap and had discnnected the battery and it went off like 1 minute later......... That might work a little...

--------------------
Happiness is being stroked and blown

The Nick
¯
Member # 2244

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Nick  Ford pictures for The Nick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How about running a car alarm with an air horn off of a seperate battery that is mounted in the trunk or some other remote place. I'd think that once they had the first battery disconnected, a theif wouldn't bother to search for another one.

--------------------
Fast, Cheap or Reliable. Pick two and live with it.

Posts: 1215 | From: The Delta | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thats a good ass idea.lol for reals. little bit more wieght but thats it. you know theives though they always get through little shit. that shit will be hELLA LOUD!lol. i think niebors will complain. [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

I guess hood locks with an alarm should work well? That way they can't just pop the hood and snatch the alarm out.

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

I agree [patriot] Parking it in a garage is the best way to secure it. I've heard a lot of stories about theives using tow trucks. No security system is going to stop that.

Of course here is a new security device you might want to look into [Big Grin]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/232777.stm

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
sn8k
¯
Member # 574

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sn8k  Ford pictures for sn8k  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've alwasy subscribed to the theory "out of sight, out of mind". My Fox is alwasy parked in the driveway - and covered (I use 2 covers acually, one baby soft and the other rain proof so no moisture gets inderneath). No problems so far... but I guess the keyed hood locks and motion detector alarm help too [Wink]

--------------------
Mark K...

| 2003 Cobra | 2001 Cobra | 89GT |

Posts: 180 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

I'm also looking into a live feed wireless camera. One that I can view from my computer at work. I know I might seem extreme but I've had my car stolen on a number of occasions.

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the bad thing is that if a thief wants your car really bad... he will get it no matter what.

Just do what I do...  - Now, who would steal that thing? ;P

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Believe me 94gt, mines looks alot worst than that. It's just when I drive it... people know it's hot. So they try to steal it anyway. So, the Frankenstein thing doesn't work for me.

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 306Coupe:
Believe me 94gt, mines looks alot worst than that. It's just when I drive it... people know it's hot. So they try to steal it anyway. So, the Frankenstein thing doesn't work for me.

how so? do you lean out your window shouting what you have under the hood? j/k [Razz]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Just the exhaust sound. Plus when I go to Oakland, they know my car. It's canned primered, hood isn't aligned, black front bumper but it has the chrome cobra motorsport rims. Looks Sh#tty. But, who cares about looks right?

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com