Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » JUSTAGT is now DONE with the "Ghetto Tune" (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: JUSTAGT is now DONE with the "Ghetto Tune"
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd just like to be the first to welcome you out of the ghetto. [patriot]

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Mr JoCo:

Haha, thank you [burnout]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No, I have never heard of a NA blowin' the spark out. I have heard of high-speed glazing, which will occur with RPM-induced conditions, as well as the obvious...high speed for extended periods of time. I think some plug-swapin' is next. Just my .02...

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:
I just read the RM article and it makes since. I actualy have that page saved to my Favorites but havn't read that article yet. My favorite is proabably flow bench falicies. It is much easier to try and learn form somebody who has proven to be one of the best than a aragant ass who is self proclaimed.(figure out who you are)

LOL
So when I post it, it's wrong & I'm a self proclaimed arrogant "ass". When an engine master posts it, it's right because it's "proven".
Hahaha! Whatever man.

& I've proven quite a few thing things in my time here.
I've done what you could not. Taken a stock bottom end N/A H/C/I setup into the 11's. With stock Edelbrock intake ports, shorty headers, & full weight streetcar non-the-less. A lot of 331's have a hard time matching that ET/MPH.
I've taken a STOCK headed car DEEP into the 11's at over 127mph with 12lbs of boost......at well over 3400lbs with limited traction. Who has a faster STOCK headed car on this site? There are only a few in the country that have gone faster with such shitty parts!
I've proven time & time agian that RETARDING a cam in certain combos is benefitial to ET/MPH. There are a few on this site.

And what am I doing now.... Building Bad-ass Modulars for a living. Designing camshafts for chevy's & fords across the country. I live and breath motors. Ask my wife. [Big Grin]
I don't spout off useless info simply to aggrivate the likes of you. I have no need to compete with a pompos shadetree like you. What's the point? I have much better things to do.....like post hard tech info BACKED UP by either experience or the experience of Pro's.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
No, I have never heard of a NA blowin' the spark out. I have heard of high-speed glazing, which will occur with RPM-induced conditions, as well as the obvious...high speed for extended periods of time. I think some plug-swapin' is next. Just my .02...

Looks like the next time I'll be able to work on the car will be Saturday at the track, might do a little testing there. Off the shelf Autolite 3923's a good place to start? Where are you guys finding the "race" Autolite plugs?

--------------------
AED

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Drew, what's your ignition set up?...Are you runnin an MSD distributor?...What wires, coil, and ign module?....Just curious...

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by BlackNGold:
Drew, what's your ignition set up?...Are you runnin an MSD distributor?...What wires, coil, and ign module?....Just curious...

It's a Crane HI6 Ignition box, Crane coil, Live wires, stock distributer, (tried MSD w/o and change), yadda yadda

--------------------
AED

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Drew- I can special-order the AR's locally at cost (about 3.99 each or so) if you'd like me to pick up a set, lemme know, I can bring them to the track Saturday. I'll PM you my number, so gimme a call tomorrow if you're interested. Personally, I'd try a totally different plug. Like a 3910 or 3912, something of the sort.
John

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wonder if the stock module is having a "dwell" problem at 6500, just a thought...Is the dwell controlled by the EEC on the EEC-IV?....
[Confused]

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by BlackNGold:
I wonder if the stock module is having a "dwell" problem at 6500, just a thought...Is the dwell controlled by the EEC on the EEC-IV?....
[Confused]

Your guess is as good as mine

--------------------
AED

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
Around 6000 rpm's it is down on power but then picks up again until 6400 and then drops off real bad.
ideas?

You are describing a classic symptom of valvetrain instability. Anyone care to dispute that? Doesn't matter what parts were used- troubleshoot the symptoms.

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by FasterDamnit:
quote:
Around 6000 rpm's it is down on power but then picks up again until 6400 and then drops off real bad.
ideas?

You are describing a classic symptom of valvetrain instability. Anyone care to dispute that? Doesn't matter what parts were used- troubleshoot the symptoms.
I'm all ears. But the car has had this same exact problem with 2 different sets of valve springs [Confused]

--------------------
AED

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Valvesprings & rockers have been swapped out. Before & after the swap the car was cutting out at 6500. There was also no sign of valvefloat when the old springs came off.

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mr JoCo:

Haha, thank you [burnout]
He's not out of the Ghetto, I saw were he lives, he has people getting arrested all around him [Wink] Just playing man.

Well I looked on Summit and either holly isn't making that module anymore or summit isn't carrying them The part # HLY-891-105 and it was around 30 bucks. I'll try jegs.

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

89TRUNK
¯
Member # 2506

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89TRUNK  Ford pictures for 89TRUNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I used to have somewhat of a problem like that but on a SBC, it turned out to be that i was running out of fuel on the top end.My car was losing power on the top end, have you considered a possible fuel issue? Just an idea....good luck
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 89TRUNK:
I used to have somewhat of a problem like that but on a SBC, it turned out to be that i was running out of fuel on the top end.My car was losing power on the top end, have you considered a possible fuel issue? Just an idea....good luck

His fuel was not an Issue on the dyno at all. His A/F was great.

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've been doing some checking on this on other sites. There are alot of posts about this and there all running Hi-6s. Things to check, make sure all ground wires are connected to a good ground and there nice and tight. Disconnect the tach. Remove the rev limiter on the Hi-6 and check. Also check your vacuum and see if it drops when the problem happens. Did you do the load test that I told you about? Gap the plugs even lower and see if that helps.
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bunchmyfunky:
I've been doing some checking on this on other sites. There are alot of posts about this and there all running Hi-6s. Things to check, make sure all ground wires are connected to a good ground and there nice and tight. Disconnect the tach. Remove the rev limiter on the Hi-6 and check. Also check your vacuum and see if it drops when the problem happens. Did you do the load test that I told you about? Gap the plugs even lower and see if that helps.

GREAT advise!
[patriot]

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have nothing but complaints about the HI-6 I had, switched to a MSD Digital6+, LOVE it [patriot]

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
keeping my mouth shut.

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
93pony first time I have been called a shadetree LOL 19 years doing this profesionaly everyday to pay the bills and racing and winning since I was old enough to drive. AA Degree in Auto tech.and Engine Machine and ASE master tech for over 15 years., What do you have to do around here to get out from under the tree LOL. The article you linked from R&M was cool but isn't even relivant to 99% percent of the cars on this site. It is for super stockers and high dollar class racing. Plus what he mentioned. I do have to give you this. 93 PONY YOU ARE A LEGAND IN YOUR OWN MIND [worship] [worship] [Whoo Whooooo!] [BS flag]

Mark good find I hope that helps out also. Good info to know anyhow. If it is sending out funky signals it might be caught on a scope when it is happening. Even a lab scope if you know how to test with one.

BTW my 69 with stock ported FE heads went 10.10 at over 133. [Eek!] how does that stack up.
I never even tried to put my 91 into the 11's NA never even crossed my mind to try it. That was your little deal not mine.

[ December 15, 2004, 03:10 PM: Message edited by: 2stangs69-91 ]

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey drew, i got a spare msd 6a box if you want to try it out, your rev limiter sound be in the custom chip anyway

hopefully will be at the track on saturday if eljefe says i will tech in the cobra

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA:
hey drew, i got a spare msd 6a box if you want to try it out, your rev limiter sound be in the custom chip anyway

hopefully will be at the track on saturday if eljefe says i will tech in the cobra

That would be awesome bro. Anything is worth a shot [patriot]

--------------------
AED

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com