Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Tech story: Testing stock air box+K&N vs Fenderwell cold air kit. (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Tech story: Testing stock air box+K&N vs Fenderwell cold air kit.
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I can't believe this post has blown up over such a trivial topic.... so I'm going to toss some more fuel in:

http://www.corral.net/tech/powerplant/moroso/moroso.html

Mipaz
Old School
Member # 386

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mipaz  Ford pictures for Mipaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the only problem i had was that it was only an increase of 4-5 rwhp and that was after the car sat for an hour.. shit anyone will get that type of increase when the engine cooled down. there are no engine mods that will require more air so it is kinda useless. and well also you have to look at the fact it is on a dyno. i mean there is nothing that would change the flow of air. If you add in the moving car might cool the fender that the induction kit is located in and give you in essence colder air.. i would still say go with the ram air kits they have. but then you are not going to tell on a dyno the gains.

[ May 10, 2002, 10:36 AM: Message edited by: TORQUEPIMP ]

--------------------
Wheels on the Vette go round and round.

Posts: 1700 | From: Over There | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
cooler motors (especially EFI) definitely make more power.

btw, how has this "blown up" ? all I see is disagreement. What we have to agree on everything? [patriot]

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by shade-tree:
cooler motors (especially EFI) definitely make more power.

btw, how has this "blown up" ? all I see is disagreement. What we have to agree on everything? [patriot]

blown up = post that was expected to get 5 replies tops is on its 2nd page now and still burning with passion [Wink]
v8302stangs
¯
Member # 530

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v8302stangs  Ford pictures for v8302stangs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I posted the article on streetracing.org boards and got a pretty negative response - most people seem to not want to accept that CAI really does nearly nothing to performance, yet the average streetracing.org member knows nothing about cars really..

http://www.sromagazine.com/boards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43874&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

--------------------
1995 GT 5.0
Mac Off-Road H pipe
00' Cobra R wheels
2 Chamber Flowmasters
3 MTX 10" subs

Stimson
_
Member # 51

quote:
Originally posted by v8302stangs:
I posted the article on streetracing.org boards

What do rice-boys really know anyways? [Wink] [Big Grin]
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
quote:

They know how to lose thats for sure!!

--------------------
Support our troops!

Hemi Ted
¯
Member # 478

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hemi Ted  Ford pictures for Hemi Ted    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well, my shit was stripped, so either way I didn't lose money!

--------------------
2005 Dodge Magnum R/T AWD
2003 Suzuki Hayabusa
Anniversary Edition
"Thats Mr. Great Pumpkin to you!"

Posts: 2601 | From: Tomball, TX | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
v8302stangs
¯
Member # 530

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v8302stangs  Ford pictures for v8302stangs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
quote:

He he well there are a few people on there who know their shit, those people seem to agree with it for the most part. The rest of the people either don't know jack shit and fall for it, or know a decent amount and seem to be standing up for CAI just because they already payed for it.

--------------------
1995 GT 5.0
Mac Off-Road H pipe
00' Cobra R wheels
2 Chamber Flowmasters
3 MTX 10" subs

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok, the Moroso intake, I don't think as a real good test CAI system comparing to a stock with K&N. I think a full intake where the tube goes to TB gives a real gain comparing to either one of the systems tested. And the test was comparing very like systems, that why there is no real gain. But the stock intake with paper filter vs. a CAI. There would be a noticable gain. Just my $.02 [Smile]

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com