Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Commerce   » FOR(D) SALE:   » Heater Core Replacements Available (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Heater Core Replacements Available
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
$300 includes a new heater core, set of heater hoses and clamps. All parts, but clamps, are factory Ford and come with a dated receipt for proof.

86's are $350.

PM me if interested.

I'd need the car for about 4 1/2 hours in Rohnert Park.

If you have A/C systems that work I can keep your systems in tact.

I will not install aftermarket (non Ford) heater cores. This is for your sake. When I first started these installs I did one on my own car and one for someone else. Both failed in less than 18 months. Have installed 10+ (factory Ford) heater cores in the last 2 years and have not had any fail as of yet.

[ January 28, 2007, 04:55 PM: Message edited by: hidnn.o.s. ]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

street_illegal_stang
¯
Member # 1554

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for street_illegal_stang  Ford pictures for street_illegal_stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
does that include install?
cause 250 seems much when i can buy a new heater core for $35 @ autozone..hoses and clamps from ford is pricy .so i roughly spend under $100 for parts and 150 labor correct?i know install is a bit*h.that brings my questions.

Posts: 1276 | From: Long Beach C.A | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by street_illegal_stang:
does that include install?
cause 250 seems much when i can buy a new heater core for $35 @ autozone..hoses and clamps from ford is pricy .so i roughly spend under $100 for parts and 150 labor correct?i know install is a bit*h.that brings my questions.

Have you ever priced it to get it done at a shop? 250 really is not bad at all. It takes a lot of time to pull the console and dash and get it back together right. If I needed it done I would pay 250 in a minute so i would not have to do it. I think from reading his post it includes everything all parts and labor.

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

Posts: 2842 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Autozone/Kragen/PepBoys heater cores do not hold up well AT ALL from my experience. If you compare the parts with the factory Ford part I think you'd agree for the money and time the job takes, do it right the first time, rather than save $20.

[ January 16, 2007, 11:43 AM: Message edited by: hidnn.o.s. ]

--------------------

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You'll spend a easy $450 at a shop. If you wanna know what a pain in the azz this is, I won't even do them. [Big Grin]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:

Autozone/Kragen/PepBoys heater cores do not hold up well AT ALL from my experience. If you compare the parts with the factory Ford part I think you'd agree for the money and time the job takes, do it right the first time, rather than save $20.

I took the time to replace one a few years ago and used a Kragen heater core. It lasted 2 years. I have a few tricks that make the job a bit easier but no matter what the center console and dash have to move and thats not an easy task. This is by far the best deal I have seen.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
90lxfoxbody
¯
Member # 6947

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90lxfoxbody  Ford pictures for 90lxfoxbody    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thats a deal for sure,if your in the fresno area let me know i will have you do my 86....

--------------------
Owner Of All Out Performance
Ya I own that Cobra
Old setup whipple and jug 9.37 155
New twins hoping for 8.50s at 165

forced331
¯
Member # 1270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for forced331  Ford pictures for forced331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The 86 and older stangs are alot easier than the 87-93. I did one on my 85 stang back in the days. You don't have to take the dash out. You just remove the glove box and heater box to get to the heater core.

--------------------
1992 Ford Mustang LX (Original Owner)"Titanium Frost" 331stroker S-Trim, 5spd

2014 Ford Mustang GT- daily driver

Posts: 1154 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: May 2002  |  :
91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0 5speed  Ford pictures for 91 5.0 5speed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think I might have to hit you up on this next week
90lxfoxbody
¯
Member # 6947

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90lxfoxbody  Ford pictures for 90lxfoxbody    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No shit the early fox is easier well damm i will have to go out and change the bitch...Thanks man

--------------------
Ya I own that Cobra

Daniel50
¯
Member # 5629

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daniel50  Ford pictures for Daniel50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
same price for a 94 mustang?

--------------------
89 2.3- Sold
91 5.0- 12.7@110 sold
94 5.0- 13.0@105 sold
97 Cobra: Sold
95 5.0- sold
95 5.0-bone stock

Posts: 1017 | From: Discovery Bay, CA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  :
93StockRedGT
¯
Member # 6211

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93StockRedGT  Ford pictures for 93StockRedGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This guy does top-quality work and is worth every penny...not to mention he's saving you $300 or more.

I'd recommend him to anybody who needs a heater core.

Rob

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by forced331:
The 86 and older stangs are alot easier than the 87-93. I did one on my 85 stang back in the days. You don't have to take the dash out. You just remove the glove box and heater box to get to the heater core.

That method only works if its a non A/C car. Trust me, I had an 86 GT with air and it was just as hard as an 87-93.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
forced331
¯
Member # 1270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for forced331  Ford pictures for forced331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
quote:
Originally posted by forced331:

That method only works if its a non A/C car. Trust me, I had an 86 GT with air and it was just as hard as an 87-93.
I also had A/C on the 85 and that is what I did.

--------------------
1992 Ford Mustang LX (Original Owner)"Titanium Frost" 331stroker S-Trim, 5spd

2014 Ford Mustang GT- daily driver

Posts: 1154 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: May 2002  |  :
90lxfoxbody
¯
Member # 6947

mine is a 86 lx a/c car.

--------------------
Ya I own that Cobra

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93StockRedGT:
This guy does top-quality work and is worth every penny...not to mention he's saving you $300 or more.

Rob

[patriot]

--------------------
=(

SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
quote:
Originally posted by 93StockRedGT:

Rob

[patriot]
+1 He did mine, no problems, clean work and a very good price.
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

[patriot]

--------------------

CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
[patriot]

fuck this is a great deal..too bad you're so far away

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

If anyone is interested, SF Coupe brought a bike in the back of his car and went and saw a movie while I worked on the car. There's things to do in the area while I give you a working heater [Wink]

--------------------

CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
any massage parlors or strip clubs around????

[Wink]

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

LMFAO, there is a "massage" parlor in the general area.

Or so I've heard, LMFAO [Eek!]

--------------------

BlueOvalRacing
¯
Member # 1531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlueOvalRacing  Ford pictures for BlueOvalRacing    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jordan_0806:

[Wink]

I heard that he wears only a speedo when he pulls the dash, it that good enough? [Big Grin]
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:
Originally posted by BlueOvalRacing:
quote:
Originally posted by jordan_0806:

[Wink]

I heard that he wears only a speedo when he pulls the dash, it that good enough? [Big Grin]
That was only because you paid $260 [Wink]

--------------------

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^^^

What do we get for 270$

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com