Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Video: 06GT 12 Second Pass (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Video: 06GT 12 Second Pass
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Car has a C&L cold air kit & dyno tune by RPM in Rohnert Park, CA. Wheel/tire combo are 17" Weld Aluma Stars with 17" M/T Drag Radials. Otherwise stock and full weight with original 3.55 gears.

http://jaybquick.com/Movies/12secrunin'06GT.mpg

It was a VERY UGLY day out at Sears Point/Infineon Raceway. After 4 hours that was my first and only run of the day due to NUMEROUS wrecks. The car hooked and bogged off the line so it has a 1.7-.8 60 foot time in it, which should result in a high 12.7-.8 pass as is.

Time slip reads:

Dial: 12.98
R/T: -.038 (redlight, 1 and only run)
60': 1.933
330': 5.448
660': 8.340
MPH: 84.95
1000': 10.836

1/4: 12.967
MPH: 105.55

Didn't want it to get burried in the other thread

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

forced331
¯
Member # 1270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for forced331  Ford pictures for forced331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good vid! Congrats!

[ January 09, 2007, 01:01 AM: Message edited by: forced331 ]

--------------------
1992 Ford Mustang LX (Original Owner)"Titanium Frost" 331stroker S-Trim, 5spd

2014 Ford Mustang GT- daily driver

Posts: 1154 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: May 2002  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Works for me [Confused]

--------------------

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

I want to see your vid from that side/starting line Tony!

--------------------

Mach1Pony
¯
Member # 5435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach1Pony  Ford pictures for Mach1Pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice video!! I'm glad Craig got it to you... I couldn't find your email.

Congratulations again on your 12 second run.

Now that you've conquered the 12's the next stop is the 11's, all you need is a blower!

FYI: I had to right click the link and use the "save target as" to play the video.

-Ron

[ January 09, 2007, 12:50 AM: Message edited by: Mach1Pony ]

--------------------
2003 DSG Mach1 Mustang - 12.41 @ 109 mph

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:
Originally posted by Mach1Pony:

Now that you've conquered the 12's the next stop is the 11's, all you need is a blower!

FYI: I had to right click the link and use the "save target as" to play the video.

-Ron

Ron, I'm getting greedy already. I think I can hit 11's with nothing but gears and a few bolt ons!

--------------------

forced331
¯
Member # 1270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for forced331  Ford pictures for forced331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
quote:

-Ron

Ron, I'm getting greedy already. I think I can hit 11's with nothing but gears and a few bolt ons!
[Roll Eyes]

--------------------

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

I look at it like this....... With the 1.93 60 foot time I ran a 12.96. That 60 foot time can EASILY come down to a 1.7-.8 with a higher launch, which will equate to a high 12.7-.8 pass, AS IS. Add the gears, and all the bolt ons, bingo, I'm there!

--------------------

forced331
¯
Member # 1270

I hope you do! Now you have to prove it for next month! [Big Grin]

--------------------

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by forced331:
I hope you do! Now you have to prove it for next month! [Big Grin]

next month? damn.. you are tough to please tony. [Razz]
I will run 12s next monday!
My buddy will let me borrow his skinnies. Hopefully that will give me that .1 i need.
[patriot]
I do not wanna do a shorter intake and imrcs until i run 12s with just gears exhaust and cai. [Razz]

--------------------
=(

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

-Ron

Ron, did you get any of my passes? could you please email me the file. i really wanna see my car launch. i keep on hearing people tell me it looks pretty cool, but wanna see for myself.
Thanks.
Jmir018@aol.com

--------------------
=(

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice, finally seeing a 06gt with some nice numbers. and looks badass with those wheels. [patriot] congrats!

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I think I can hit 11's with nothing but gears and a few bolt ons!

Well, if anything it will be fun to watch you try. (:

My crystal ball says "not a chance"

Prove me wrong Don [patriot]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
quote:
I think I can hit 11's with nothing but gears and a few bolt ons!

Well, if anything it will be fun to watch you try. (:

My crystal ball says "not a chance"

Prove me wrong Don [patriot]

LEt's start a poll.
I think he can.
[Eek!]
.. wait.. let me first see how well he does with gears and then i'll update my prediction.

[ January 09, 2007, 10:29 PM: Message edited by: Jmir018 ]

--------------------
=(

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

$ will hold me back for a while.

--------------------

NORCAL SS
¯
Member # 7126

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NORCAL SS  Ford pictures for NORCAL SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wow good run. there is a trailblazer ss up by you that ran a 13.02@105 with just intake, vector tune, pully and muffler change on stock tires and 4600 lbs lol that would be a good run for you.

--------------------
2011 CTS-V
4400 POUND PIG
11.3@94 1/4
102 1/8

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:
Originally posted by NORCAL SS:
wow good run. there is a trailblazer ss up by you that ran a 13.02@105 with just intake, vector tune, pully and muffler change on stock tires and 4600 lbs lol that would be a good run for you.

576RWHP, lol. I'll add some pulleys and launch next time and it won't be fun for him/u [Cool]

[ January 09, 2007, 11:49 PM: Message edited by: hidnn.o.s. ]

--------------------

NORCAL SS
¯
Member # 7126

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NORCAL SS  Ford pictures for NORCAL SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yah pulley set should gain some. He installed the yank 3600 stall over the weekend and said truck rips real good now. I think hes going to sac this weekend.

Sweet 12.9 run what do the stangs run stock anyway mid to low 13s?

as for me my stock tranny gernaded after the 1/8 miles at sac. 7.41@94 was that 1/8 mile pass then 3rd just let go and 1.63 60 foot time on 275 40 17 MICKEY Thompson drag rads. Looks funny but it lets the truck rip out the hole. i wanted a short tire to get the truck off the line the best i could.

Does ford add a lot of torque managment also to the mustangs?? People are gettin 35-40rwhp with tunes on the trailblazer ss because gm made torque managment so bad the truck falls on its face with stock tune on shifts.
 -
 -

picture before blower
 -
 -

[ January 10, 2007, 12:33 AM: Message edited by: NORCAL SS ]

--------------------
2011 CTS-V
4400 POUND PIG
11.3@94 1/4
102 1/8

Mach1Pony
¯
Member # 5435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach1Pony  Ford pictures for Mach1Pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jersey:

Ron, did you get any of my passes? could you please email me the file. i really wanna see my car launch. i keep on hearing people tell me it looks pretty cool, but wanna see for myself.
Thanks.
Jmir018@aol.com
[/QUOTE]

Sorry Jersey, I missed your only run where my camera's battery wasn't dead. I'll check the tape again but I'm pretty sure I lost track of all the cars and I missed your run. It will be better next time when you get into the twelves anyway.

[ January 13, 2007, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: Mach1Pony ]

--------------------

Mach1Pony
¯
Member # 5435

quote:

Don, you know as well as I do it's a lot harder to take a car from 12's to 11's then from 13's to 12's.

If you consider cams, heads and intake bolt-on's... then I would agree.

My Mach has a C&L CAI, Off-road H-pipe, Magnaflow cat back, 4.30 gears, ET streets, stock tune and stock exhaust manifold. My best was 12.41@109 with a low 1.7 60ft. I don't think I have any chance of seeing an 11sec run unless I get into the engine or put a blower on. At this point I don't think I'm going to do either since the Tremec has blown up twice now with out a blower. There are a few more bolt-on's I am going to do but I'm just hoping for consistant 12.5's @ 108 on Wednesday nights and maybe a high 12.3 on a weekend event.

More power to you if you think an all motor 11sec run is possible with bolt-on's... your car better go on a serious diet!!

[ January 10, 2007, 01:35 AM: Message edited by: Mach1Pony ]

--------------------

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:
Originally posted by NORCAL SS:
Sweet 12.9 run what do the stangs run stock anyway mid to low 13s?

Does ford add a lot of torque managment also to the mustangs?? People are gettin 35-40rwhp with tunes on the trailblazer ss because gm made torque managment so bad the truck falls on its face with stock tune on shifts.

Stock they are running low 14's to VERY high 13's.

They do add torque management so that's a very good thing to get rid of right away. As for RWHP, the cold air kits and tunes "realistically" give you 20RWHP.

Sounds like you have an impressive vehicle!

--------------------

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Don,

Gears might get you to 12.5 if the tires will still hook hard enough for a 1.7, but it will take over 50rwhp to get to the 11's. I ran 11.90 with a 1.599 60ft and I still needed 113mph.

Good Luck,
Craig

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

I'll do it with less HP than you and more weight [Cool]

--------------------

Mach1Pony
¯
Member # 5435

quote:

I haven't seen anything in Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords yet aobut an all motor 11 second run?

Don, maybe you should start your own Mustang Mag. to tell everyone how to get there cars to go that fast!

I like your car but I just don't think you are being realistic. But if you are going to do it, having a Mustang is a good starting point [Big Grin]

--------------------

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:
quote:

I haven't seen anything in Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords yet aobut an all motor 11 second run?

Don, maybe you should start your own Mustang Mag. to tell everyone how to get there cars to go that fast!

I like your car but I just don't think you are being realistic. But if you are going to do it, having a Mustang is a good starting point [Big Grin]

Same thing was said about my 12 second pass all across the US on the corral [Razz]

--------------------

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com