Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » So any results from grudge night??? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: So any results from grudge night???
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How'd everyone do...

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I did great! I had two cokes and some french fries. Ohhh, and I sat alot...in the stands. [Frown] I went up to watch. [Big Grin]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am starting to think grudge nights are evil [Mad] [Big Grin]

The first one a couple weeks ago, I blew up my tranny and rearend.

Tonight, an attempt to fix a slip collar distributor leak caused the distributor to not seat on the oil pump shaft. I ran the car for a few minutes warming it up not noticing I didn't have oil pressure. I have to pull the motor, change the oil pump shaft, and inspect the bearings and throw it back in.

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Team SOLO:
I am starting to think grudge nights are evil [Mad] [Big Grin]

The first one a couple weeks ago, I blew up my tranny and rearend.

Tonight, an attempt to fix a slip collar distributor leak caused the distributor to not seat on the oil pump shaft. I ran the car for a few minutes warming it up not noticing I didn't have oil pressure. I have to pull the motor, change the oil pump shaft, and inspect the bearings and throw it back in.

[Frown] sucks greg

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Well that really sucks sorry to hear that.

quote:
I did great! I had two cokes and some french fries
Congrats...Is two cokes your personal best... [Big Grin] j/k

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
I did great! I had two cokes and some french fries. Ohhh, and I sat alot...in the stands. [Frown] I went up to watch. [Big Grin]

mmmmmmmm, sac raceway french fries

*drool*

[Big Grin]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes, it was my personal best. [Razz] I dunno what's up with those lil krinkle-cut fries, but they are damn good! [worship]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

RixSikCobra
¯
Member # 5058

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RixSikCobra  Ford pictures for RixSikCobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Kinda long, but please read my first night at the track episode.

Well, Last night I was believeing TEAM SOLO's statement that grudge nights may be evil except for the fact that I experienced first hand the "good" side of people to an extreme to think that way...This is my story(lol)

Had a humbling, rough night. Learned alot, learned ya can't just modify your car and think that it's gonna produce awesome numbers at the track.

My nitrous system, which was working fine since forever, suddenly decided not to work properly as we began racing. Discouraging, but not that big a deal. Raced anyway without it.... and almost left home crying like a schoolgirl after 2 runs. 12.8/12.7 with 60''s over 2. With a little "counceling" from John B and 66ACCobra(went somethin' like "quit your cryin' ad go race" [Big Grin] [Razz] ), I was able to pull off an 12.3 @118 with a 60 of 1.9. So here's where it gets good, though. Next run, I miss a shift, race over, but the 60 was good. The guy I was racing had a 1.68 and I was ahead of him at the 60...I figure that was a blown 11 sec run so I go for 1 more,1 more,1more...

....lights go green and this blam,clunk,clang,...gee, why isn't my car going anymore sound came form underneath. Destroyed the driveshaft and diff cover. Bye bye IRS. I shouda stayed at that Hoiday Inn Express last night.... [Big Grin]

This is where it REALLY gets good. So with that sob story finally ending, I would like to tell ya guys things you might already know about some of our friends on this site. Lauren(spddvl), your awesome for helpin' me out and rallyin' some troops when I saw nothing but a horrible rest of the night ahaed, and to JohnB/66CobraAC(eric),Smokin'lx(Marc)and his buddy Adam who went above and beyond the call of duty to make sure that RixSik(ly)Cobra got to JohnB's house (50 miles)where he's gonna fix it tommorrow. He drove ahead of us and had his garaged prepped and was in his little coveralls and was ready to fix the thing right there, but it was found to have a broken driveshaft so gotta get parts now. Marc's car was driven home and mine put on the flatbed. Eric then gave us a ride home all the way to the East Bay and he lives in Fairfield. And a thanx goes out to the "Team Legion 510" boys who stuck around to make sure my car was loaded and and secured properly...and ALL of these peeps did it with concern and a smile. I wanted to sulk but you guys wouldn't let me. I was overwhelmed and will be forever grateful to ya guys. All of this happened well into the night when everyone was tired and the easy thing for these guys to do would to have jsut left and let me handle it. I wan't even upset anymore after this show of hospitality and giving. I could go on, but you guys get the jist of things. I will ALWAYS remember this night when it comes to our racing buds and anyone on this site who is in need. Thanks again.

[ May 22, 2005, 02:58 PM: Message edited by: RixSikCobra ]

--------------------
2004 Terminator
Torch Red Vert
Built,Ported,Cammed,Juiced

Posts: 2120 | From: Pleasanton | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that sucks sorry Rix but now it gives you a reason to make your rearend stronger than before. [Big Grin]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

BlueOvalRacing
¯
Member # 1531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlueOvalRacing  Ford pictures for BlueOvalRacing    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ah ha! 2+2=4 [Wink] Now I know who I'm getting the prices on for John's side job.

John and Eric are good guys, and I for one, am not surprised that you got all the help you needed last night. Guys on this board for the most part, are pretty good to deal with. [patriot]

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
finally got home ay 3am, not too bad

and ive got my voive back this morning, still sound like popeye but atleast I can speak

it was a good night for most, saw some good racing, some good carnage (sorry rick [Big Grin] ), and met some new people [patriot]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

So should I continue on with the mini-tub and narrowed 9" rear install or not?? [Razz] [Wink]

I did some research and it seems like this is a major problem for the 99 and up models. Steeda and a few other companies make girdle kits that definitely increase the strength of the rear. I found this link, look familiar Rick? OUCH!!

The diff cover is about $45-60, the driveshaft though is about $300. These are prices I found online. I've got 3+ people checking on the replacement parts as I type. [Cool]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

RixSikCobra
¯
Member # 5058

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RixSikCobra  Ford pictures for RixSikCobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Glad ya made it home safely, I was worried with your Tuberculosis and all [Razz] ...and it was along drive and i know how tired I was when ya dropped me off. What can I say bro, you guyz d men [patriot]

edit: Yeah that looks pretty familiar....I can seem to recall someting lookin' like that [Frown] [Razz] , how dit that company get pics of my rear end on their website so fast..lol

John, Eric, thanks again, and again..

[ May 22, 2005, 02:55 PM: Message edited by: RixSikCobra ]

--------------------
2004 Terminator
Torch Red Vert

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I feel your pain. I went home before on a trailer also after blowing up my rear. Make sure you get everything you need to make the rear as strong as possible, don't skimp on parts. I bet next time you go to the track you will be pulling 11s all day.
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
tuberculosis, wtf [Razz]

i dont have that shit, just cuze I sound like an old sea captain with a wooden leg doesnt mean anything [Big Grin]

solid axle rick, DO IT [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra

RixSikCobra
¯
Member # 5058

John, This thing looks pretty cool, obviously getting a solid rear is truly the answer, but what about one of those for the time being?

--------------------
2004 Terminator
Torch Red Vert

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WOW! What a story Rick [Eek!]

I'm really sorry to hear that [Frown]

Great to hear about the support from the members....i knew we were all civil here [Wink]

Man that's why i have the diff brace installed and still try to "baby-it" somewhat out of the hole...not to mention i still have a slight diff leak [Mad]

So is it a solid or DSS Level 5's, diff brace, and maybe some gears to replace?

I'm sure you'll be up and running in no time!

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

RixSikCobra
¯
Member # 5058

quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA:
tuberculosis, wtf [Razz]

i dont have that shit, just cuze I sound like an old sea captain with a wooden leg doesnt mean anything [Big Grin]

solid axle rick, DO IT [Whoo Whooooo!]

AAarrrrrrrrgghhhhhh, shiver me timbers!....you're not gonna make me walk the plank are ya? [Razz]

--------------------
2004 Terminator
Torch Red Vert

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Rick, I say go with a new cover, a diff brace and a new driveshaft. If you want some piece of mind, upgrade the half-shafts. I've read of 600+ rwhp setups with a diff brace and Level 5's running on ET's and no breakage problems! [Cool]

You can do a solid axle down the line; get it running and back at the track for now!

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -
31 spline axles c-clipped, 4.30 gears, and a spool. While your at it throw in a Wolfcraft adjustable rearsway bar and your set!

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Took the Black car and with the few new changes I did i wasnt to happy with it [Confused] .Found some isues with my timing/igniton so ima check into that and hopefully be back for Jun 4th.
Posts: 22480 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

quote:
Originally posted by HaulinAssMaro:
Took the Black car and with the few new changes I did i wasnt to happy with it [Confused] .Found some isues with my timing/igniton so ima check into that and hopefully be back for Jun 4th.

and still went 11.13 didnt it

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA:
quote:
Originally posted by HaulinAssMaro:

and still went 11.13 didnt it
Pfffffffffttttttt...anything less than 10.99 is a shame [Razz]

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i told you guys the track would be sticky!!
oh btw, i helped push you off the track rix..lol.

--------------------
1969 mustang coupe - the project
1996 mystic cobra - 13.64@105 - sold :(
2007 yaris - daily driver

Posts: 737 | From: holiday in rancho cambodia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
RixSikCobra
¯
Member # 5058

I appreciate, bro. Everyone was great, I would agree with ya that the track was STICKY.

--------------------
2004 Terminator
Torch Red Vert

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com