Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » who's going to sac this wed 3/24/10 (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: who's going to sac this wed 3/24/10
CobraChick
¯
Member # 9885

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobraChick  Ford pictures for CobraChick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah I forgot about the rain.... Wasn't thinking cause it's actually nice and sunny here in Marysville lol

--------------------
Behind ever successful person is a pack of haters.

Ricks Hot Rod Lincoln
¯
Member # 7637

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for Ricks Hot Rod Lincoln  Ford pictures for Ricks Hot Rod Lincoln  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was there, in my 90 Lincoln Mark VII. I got into the 13's for 4 passes. my last pass I ran a 13.835@102.102 and broke out on a 13.9 dial-in.
60' times were consistiently 2.1's
reaction times were .007 to .210 ave of .122.

It was nice to meet you Dustin and your 68 Stang.
I miss my '66 coupe. [Frown] Especially since it was about 1,000 lbs lighter.
Hello to anyone else who I meet there.

Tomorrow I'm off to get it dyno tuned! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Son, Ya gonna drive me to drinkin if ya don't stop driving that Hot--Rod--Lincoln.

Posts: 46 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: May 2007  |  :
2BlueGeeTees
¯
Member # 4702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2BlueGeeTees  Ford pictures for 2BlueGeeTees    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think it's a common fact that bias ply tires and radials are going to track differently and give you some top end sway that could be mistaken for fish tailing. I wouldn't call it a rookie excuse. I just think if you r new to end u will notice it and not know what it is
Posts: 2316 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah, im sure it's a rookie thing. im use to riding around on 40 series..lol.. but also having the drum brakes make me feel a little uncomfortable on top. just ordered some 13" rotors and calipers, so that problem will be fixed.. next is new steering box and roller cam.
Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
ItzStock
¯
Member # 9665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ItzStock  Ford pictures for ItzStock    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
Honestly, the best way to get use to the feeling of the back of your car "walking around" when on slicks is to drive to the track on them. You will feel all the groves in the road with the rear tires, but not the fronts due to the weak bias ply side walls of the slicks. Over a little time you will get the feel of what is going on and start correcting for it. The reason I think its best to get use to this on the highway is that you are at speed, but not necessarily excelerating hard. It lets you get a feel for what is going on at a little slower pace.
[burnout]

quote:
Originally posted by 707vibrantcobra93:
I think it's a common fact that bias ply tires and radials are going to track differently and give you some top end sway that could be mistaken for fish tailing. I wouldn't call it a rookie excuse. I just think if you r new to end u will notice it and not know what it is

I have yet to run slicks on the track also. When you get the feeling that the rear end is walking around at high speeds is there anything you are supposed to do differently? Get off the gas? counter steer? or does it just feel like something is happening but really isn't?

[ May 02, 2010, 02:16 AM: Message edited by: ItzStock ]

Posts: 1394 | From: Vallejo, Ca | Registered: Dec 2009  |  :

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com