Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » who wants to go to infineon 3-28-07??? (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: who wants to go to infineon 3-28-07???
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by F8LSN8K:
quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
seems like everyone had a great time.
Did anyone get interviewed by comcast?

I only got 4 runs. 2 really shitty and two decent.
I need to make a habit out of removing the extra mats from the driver side. My first run felt extremely weak and it was , once again, because the mat had slid under the gas pedal. [Mad]

Ended up cutting a .003 light which is my best to this day.. and got to test out different launching styles.

so.. 13.20 102mph [Mad]
13.10 @ 103
12.91 @ 104
12.93 @ 104

the car might go 12.80s which would be excellent for only 104mphs.
We'll see what happens next Wednesday.. can't wait.

ya i dont run mats anymore.....

damnit im very curious to see what i run

dont be disapointed if you see a few 14's...

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So how much is it to run at infineon?
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
$25..... 10 for watchers..

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn, I want to get out there!!

MFracing, did you see the Triumph Bonneville schooling all the bikes. My Dad was on the Triumph and won first place again. I should have brought my Zephyr 750 out. My cousin was on his Zephyr 550.

As far as breaking rearends, I am still on my stocker and have over 1000 passes with ET Streets and averaging mid 1.6 60fts. My best was a 1.599. I did strip the spider gears a couple years ago but I think that is because my clutch pack was loose and should have been rebuilt. I think the gears were not meshing tightly because the clutches were gone. Anyway, I hope to see if my 347 will break it in a couple months.

Jersey, you must be shifting that thing quicker now because you are getting some good times with 104mph. I got my shortblock and am currently assembling the motor. I am waiting for some pushrods to show up and then I can continue. Give me a couple months to finish it up and break it in and I will be out there. I am going to run it NA for a while to see how it does.

Craig

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
Mfracing
¯
Member # 4034

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mfracing  Ford pictures for Mfracing    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
oh ya. i seen the triumph! i raced him in practice 0.21 r/t,13.1 d/i, 13.15 e/t. no one wanted to pare up with him all night! my friend raced him in the final. i have a 1966 triumph trophy 650, second owner got it in 72 still starts right up and runs great! park over in the corner behine the 2 h/ds. yes that tank is crome from the factory! [burnout] [burnout]
 -

[ March 31, 2007, 12:36 PM: Message edited by: Mfracing ]

--------------------
302hp/361tq
12.6e/t@105mph
Amazon Tuning Solutions
Mel and Son's Mufflers
Super Six Motorsports
Mizzi's Automotive
Main Machine

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by need-a-motor:

Jersey, you must be shifting that thing quicker now because you are getting some good times with 104mph. I got my shortblock and am currently assembling the motor. I am waiting for some pushrods to show up and then I can continue. Give me a couple months to finish it up and break it in and I will be out there. I am going to run it NA for a while to see how it does.

Craig

Hey Craig,
thanks. Glad to hear you finally got started!! i'm leaving a bit on the table still. I'm a little afraid of powershifting since everytime i do i seem to miss a gear [Frown]
when you see Ron next time ask him to see the clip of my last run. I might have lifted the tires a bit.(we are talking less than an inch here, but still [Razz] )

--------------------
=(

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

who is going next week? just wondering because i am.

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mfracing, I like your collection. My dad also has a very clean 67 Bonneville that he bought in 68. He is the 2nd owner. The bike is clean but it blows a lot of smoke out after deceleration. The motor needs a rebuild. Instead of rebuilding the 67, he bought an 01. The 01 is pretty damn quick after some mods that we did. His best to date is a 12.67 @ 105mph. That was probably with a slight tail wind. The wind has a HUGE effect on sub 80rwhp standard style bikes. My Zephyr will go from 11.9 with a little tailwind to 12.6 with a strong headwind.

If my cousin takes his bike out again, I may take mine but I should really use that time to work on my car. I would be working on it right now but I had to come to work today. I may even have to work tomorrow!

Craig

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
Mfracing
¯
Member # 4034

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mfracing  Ford pictures for Mfracing    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks, just some of the toys i can fit in the garage! [burnout] [burnout]

--------------------
302hp/361tq
12.6e/t@105mph
Amazon Tuning Solutions
Mel and Son's Mufflers
Super Six Motorsports
Mizzi's Automotive
Main Machine

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Pure Stang:
quote:
quote:

I need to make a habit out of removing the extra mats from the driver side. My first run felt extremely weak and it was , once again, because the mat had slid under the gas pedal. [Mad]

Ended up cutting a .003 light which is my best to this day.. and got to test out different launching styles.

so.. 13.20 102mph [Mad]
13.10 @ 103
12.91 @ 104
12.93 @ 104

why would i run 14s?

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

so.. 13.20 102mph [Mad]
13.10 @ 103
12.91 @ 104
12.93 @ 104

why would i run 14s?
because its your first time out to the drags.
and you got street tires..... i knew a few people that had quite a few mods and hit low 14's and they where pissed.....

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

gray03gt
¯
Member # 6427

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gray03gt  Ford pictures for gray03gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Was that video of my car launching ever posted? Im curious to see how it looks.

Thanks

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

quote:
Originally posted by gray03gt:
Was that video of my car launching ever posted? Im curious to see how it looks.

Thanks

i cant find the coard to my phone. but im still looking.

are you going this wendsday? if you are i will use my camera.

[ April 02, 2007, 03:07 AM: Message edited by: Pure Stang ]

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

gray03gt
¯
Member # 6427

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gray03gt  Ford pictures for gray03gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yea ill be there wednesday. Thanks
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

no problem.... it will look better in my other camera anyways [Smile]

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

so.. 13.20 102mph [Mad]
13.10 @ 103
12.91 @ 104
12.93 @ 104

why would i run 14s?
because its your first time out to the drags.
and you got street tires..... i knew a few people that had quite a few mods and hit low 14's and they where pissed.....

true......like i posted on the other thread, i went to sac yesterday and a maro ss, and a few modded up 50's on slicks were runnin 14's all day, except for 1 50, some dude i kinda know, broke a 13.9 somethin......

--------------------
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

are you going to be able to go this wendsday? if not its koo.

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

quote:
are you going to be able to go this wendsday? if not its koo.

na i cant, i wish though..... my car will be under construction real quick, no biggy, should be done by sunday, i hope [Frown]

i didnt even take my car to the track yesterday......i went with my homie in his maro, it was a bunch ricers anyway... [Roll Eyes] .

--------------------
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

damn ricers.... what you doin to your car?

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

quote:
damn ricers.... what you doin to your car?

changing out the jets......haha lol ya right

na um.....body work

--------------------
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

lol the jets...

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

quote:
lol the jets...

haha lmao!

nope no juice for me......blown is what im doin [dance]

--------------------
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i should be there again this wednesday.. swapping tires is really getting old quickly. [Mad]

[ April 02, 2007, 10:43 PM: Message edited by: Jmir018 ]

--------------------
=(

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

quote:
i should be there again this wednesday.. swapping tires is really getting old quickly. [Mad]

cool.... what times are you expecting to run?

[ April 02, 2007, 10:55 PM: Message edited by: Pure Stang ]

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

consistent 13.0s, sporadic 12.90s.. and HOPEFULLY a 12.89.
[patriot]
come say hi if you see me.. [Big Grin]
and better yet.. tape me.. but don't post it if i miss a gear. [Razz]

[ April 03, 2007, 12:30 PM: Message edited by: Jmir018 ]

--------------------
=(

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com