Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Video: 06GT 12 Second Pass (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Video: 06GT 12 Second Pass
Mach1Pony
¯
Member # 5435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach1Pony  Ford pictures for Mach1Pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
I'm really not worried what the car will run. I got it to make a 12 second pass with only a cold air as power adders go.

Likely going to get some 18x10 & 18x9 Boyd Coddington Wheels for it next.

Took the car out last night and am really happy with the comfort of the ride and power when I floor it. Not going to rip this up like I do fox bodies of the past.

Thanks CAFords [patriot]

Yes, no doubt your cars performance is impressive (not to mention your driving)but ALL the mods contributed to your twelve second pass, not just the cold air. The main thing being the drag radials and the lightened rims up front for better weight transfer. Also, the Flowmasters are giving you more top end. You also told me you got 15hp out of the dyno tune... that's very impressive (kudo's to RPM).

It's too bad your first run was a throw away because I think you could have got deeper into the 12's with more runs. I think you should go out on Martin Luther kings birthday and run in the 12.80's

I wouldn't get too radical with mods this early on... wait out your warranty and when you do start modding, try to keep your street drivability.

--------------------
2003 DSG Mach1 Mustang - 12.41 @ 109 mph

Mach1Pony
¯
Member # 5435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach1Pony  Ford pictures for Mach1Pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
quote:
Originally posted by Mach1Pony:
Craig is a little more optomistic then I am... 12.20's with a few more bolt-on's?... I don't think so. I did get close to the 12.30's with my 12.41 but that was a weekend event with ET bias ply tires and off-road "H" pipe. That's three things the car might not see again.

With the cops cracking down on smog violations I am probably going to put the stock "H" pipe back on. Also, I will be running drag radials instead of the bias ply tires. The only reason I would go to a weekend event is to try to better my best time and with the set up I will be running I don't believe that will be possible so there is no point.

I'm pretty happy with where my car is right now and if I can stay consistant in the 12.5's with drag radials, I will be perfectly satisfied (my feelings are subject to change). If in the future I can't keep up with the four cylinder cars, I will have to get a blower but for now I'm just trying to keep my new transmission in one piece.

-Ron

why are you changing the ET streets? aren't those as consistent as you can get?
I wanna get a test run on the et drag radials. i might change later on too.. i'm getting sick and tired of swaping tires at the track.
I don't mind doing it on weekend events, but it's just a hussle on wednesday nights

My car is basically a driveway ornament until Wednesday nights. I figure if I keep my stock "H" pipe on and drag radials I can drive it on the weekends. Right now if I drive it on the weekend I have to change my tires and waste any 96 octane fuel in the tank for leasure driving. I also have to worry about getting pulled over for loud pipes and getting tagged for smog violations.

-Ron

--------------------
2003 DSG Mach1 Mustang - 12.41 @ 109 mph

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Yes, no doubt your cars performance is impressive (not to mention your driving)but ALL the mods contributed to your twelve second pass, not just the cold air. The main thing being the drag radials and the lightened rims up front for better weight transfer. Also, the Flowmasters are giving you more top end. You also told me you got 15hp out of the dyno tune... that's very impressive (kudo's to RPM).

Ron, point is, the only "power adder" was the cold air intake. What is the tune "tuning?" RPM tuned Fords system. Didn't tune after new heads etc, just massaged what's already there so I don't think that's a power adder at all or a modification. Again, just massaging what's already there, not adding anything. The car is a pig with the Mach1k stereo in the truck, all power options available etc. I do feel I needed the wheels, which is why I paid what I did, but again, I didn't strip the seats, subs in the trunk, carpet etc. Car sits as I drive it on the street.

Look forward to seeing you out there Wednesday nights!

I think I'm going to have JohnB install the gears now that I've done what I set out to do [patriot]

Wonder how it'll hook Wednesday nights [Confused]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

forced331
¯
Member # 1270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for forced331  Ford pictures for forced331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Ron, point is, the only "power adder" was the cold air intake. What is the tune "tuning?" RPM tuned Fords system. Didn't tune after new heads etc, just massaged what's already there so I don't think that's a power adder at all or a modification. Again, just massaging what's already there, not adding anything. The car is a pig with the Mach1k stereo in the truck, all power options available etc. I do feel I needed the wheels, which is why I paid what I did, but again, I didn't strip the seats, subs in the trunk, carpet etc. Car sits as I drive it on the street.

Look forward to seeing you out there Wednesday nights!

I think I'm going to have JohnB install the gears now that I've done what I set out to do [patriot]

Wonder how it'll hook Wednesday nights [Confused]

Dam! It took you over 2weeks to answer his post. lol!

--------------------
1992 Ford Mustang LX (Original Owner)"Titanium Frost" 331stroker S-Trim, 5spd

2014 Ford Mustang GT- daily driver

Posts: 1154 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: May 2002  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by forced331:
It took you over 2weeks to answer his post. lol!

Didn't see it originally [Wink]

--------------------

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did the mufflers give you any power, or did they just make it sound better?

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:
Originally posted by need-a-motor:
Did the mufflers give you any power, or did they just make it sound better?

Mufflers ONLY CHANGE THE SOUND, stock mufflers flow VERY well on these cars.

--------------------

1fast281
¯
Member # 4670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1fast281  Ford pictures for 1fast281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Your tune increased the timing and probably took out the timing retard in between shifts. No nothing physically was added to your car but a tune is one of the best mods you can do to an 05 Mustang GT.

--------------------
1998 Mark VIII LSC Black/Graphite
2005 Pontiac GTO Silver/Black

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:
Originally posted by 1fast281:
Your tune increased the timing and probably took out the timing retard in between shifts. No nothing physically was added to your car but a tune is one of the best mods you can do to an 05 Mustang GT.

No kidding [Confused] I had NO idea, THANKS [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------

1fast281
¯
Member # 4670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1fast281  Ford pictures for 1fast281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My point is that you saying the "cold air intake" is the only power adder to your car is not true.

--------------------

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

BULLSHIT. The "power adder" is the cold air. The tuner isn't a power adder, it's massaging what's there from Ford.

LMFAO

[ February 01, 2007, 12:12 AM: Message edited by: hidnn.o.s. ]

--------------------

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ahhh, you're the dipshit with the Lincoln. As stated long ago, we don't get along, stay out of my threads as I do the same to you.

--------------------

BOTIH8R
¯
Member # 7295

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOTIH8R  Ford pictures for BOTIH8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i always thought that a power adder was nos,turbo,blower.not bolt ons or a tune
Posts: 1143 | From: sacramento | Registered: Dec 2006  |  :
90lxfoxbody
¯
Member # 6947

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90lxfoxbody  Ford pictures for 90lxfoxbody    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1fast281:
My point is that you saying the "cold air intake" is the only power adder to your car is not true.

Cold air intake is not a power adder dude...Turbo blower or nitrous would be considered a power adder.

Good numbers at the track for sure...Good luck on the 11s i think you will need some squirt or a blower though but good luck.

--------------------
Owner Of All Out Performance
Ya I own that Cobra
Old setup whipple and jug 9.37 155
New twins hoping for 8.50s at 165

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:
Originally posted by 90lxfoxbody:
Cold air intake is not a power adder dude...Turbo blower or nitrous would be considered a power adder.

Actually those are called "forced induction."
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 90lxfoxbody:

Actually those are called "forced induction."
Nitrous is not forced induction. It is a power adder though. Turbos and blowers are considered power adders and they are forms of forced induction. Cold air intakes are just bolt ons they are not considered power adders. Same thing with headers. This of course is coming from the racing world. I dunno what other peeps call them.

[ February 02, 2007, 12:22 AM: Message edited by: cummins ]

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
1fast281
¯
Member # 4670

I was referring to the cold air intake as a power adder as in, it is a bolt on that adds power to the vehicle.

--------------------

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com