Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Infineon 1/07 (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Infineon 1/07
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
BTW, we missed you out there today Craig! You and Ron need to get your MUSTANGS back out there! I believe Ron got a good video of the run that I'm sure he'll post up when he has time. I was VERY appreciative he stayed around to tape my run after waiting SOOOO long between runs!

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I guess that you weren't trying to win because with that reaction time you should have had room to lift at the end. Or did the other guy red light or break out worse?

Congratulations on the 12.96! My 12.95 guess was pretty close, but I was giving you an extra mph. I thought that you were going to have to go under 1.9 to hit the 12's with 105mph. FYI, the GT500 that I saw out there ran a best of 12.67 with the same ET Street drag radials. It was a lot warmer that day and he had an extra 5mph, but you would be pretty damn close to him.

Hopefully I will get a motor one of these days and be able to race with you guys again. The builder is still waiting for Dart to send him a block, so I don't even know when he is going to start on it! Add gears and a few more mods and then we can race when I get my motor. It will be pretty close until I put the S-trim back on.

Craig

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I forgot to tell you that my Dad won first place on his Triumph in the motorcycle class.

He won $250!

Craig

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ya, to be honest, I'm already looking towards 11's N/A. Heck, as of right now I can get that 1.9 down to a 1.7-.8 and I'll have a mid 12.7. Now add gears and 20RWHP from boltons I think I'm there.

--------------------

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:
Originally posted by need-a-motor:
I forgot to tell you that my Dad won first place on his Triumph in the motorcycle class.

He won $250!

Craig

We saw! It was GREAT watching his little bike beat a 9 second race bike, LOL.

--------------------

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I made it to the semifinals.!!!
[Razz]
I'm unbeatable on my 13.00s queen.

Don, come clean.. your reaction times was a negative .013
Nice editing. [Wink]
I redlit on my last run -.03 and run a 13.019 to a 13.023 on a heads up(13.0) race.

[ January 08, 2007, 12:36 AM: Message edited by: Jmir018 ]

--------------------
=(

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
Don, come clean.. your reaction times was a negative .013

WRONG, it was a -.038 [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
Slip reads:

Dial: 12.98
R/T: .013
60': 1.933
330': 5.448
660': 8.340
MPH: 84.95
1000': 10.836

1/4: 12.967
MPH: 105.55

where does it say that? [Razz]

--------------------
=(

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:
quote:
Slip reads:

Dial: 12.98
R/T: -.038
60': 1.933
330': 5.448
660': 8.340
MPH: 84.95
1000': 10.836

1/4: 12.967
MPH: 105.55

where does it say that? [Razz]
Say what?

[ January 08, 2007, 12:39 AM: Message edited by: hidnn.o.s. ]

--------------------

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

lets line up again at the next event Don.
Should be a close race. i'll be calling Brad this week. make sure there is a space available for me please. [Wink]
This time, let's get it on tape? [Wink] [patriot]

--------------------
=(

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

For sure!

--------------------

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

nice editing job.
Anyhow, Congrats Don.
great times. next time bring some sunblock [Razz]
I don't wanna hear you crying afterwards.

--------------------
=(

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Thing is, you HAVE to add mods, BECAUSE I'M ALREADY FASTER [Big Grin]

--------------------

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
Thing is, you HAVE to add mods, BECAUSE I'M ALREADY FASTER [Big Grin]

I still got the the finish line first while flipping you off.. [Razz]
that will never be forgotten. [patriot]

--------------------
=(

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Jersey got VERY deep, how many runs did you get Jersey?

--------------------

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

like 20 million.. all 13.0s [Frown]
No seriously, all 13.0s except the one where i beat you and the one where i almost kissed the wall. [Razz]
i just counted my slips. 9 runs total. [Eek!]

[ January 08, 2007, 12:49 AM: Message edited by: Jmir018 ]

--------------------
=(

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

20 runs and NOT ONE 12 SECOND PASS, OWNED [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
20 runs and NOT ONE 12 SECOND PASS, OWNED [Whoo Whooooo!]

I still beat you.... and fliped you off while doing it. OWNED [Razz]

--------------------
=(

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Jersey, I need to borrow your car for the next race. I'll let you film me tripping the win light against Don and getting a 12 second pass. lol

What was your best speed and 60ft?

I will be back out there in a few months, I hope. I will most likely just be running on Wednesday nights.

Craig

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Craig, I "assure" you, you will not beat me in Jersey's car [Eek!]

--------------------

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
Originally posted by need-a-motor:
Jersey, I need to borrow your car for the next race. I'll let you film me tripping the win light against Don and getting a 12 second pass. lol

What was your best speed and 60ft?

I will be back out there in a few months, I hope. I will most likely just be running on Wednesday nights.

Craig

I got all 1.75s. and one 1.81 against Don, that was my worst 60 and worst time of the day and still won. [Razz]
My mph stayed at 103 for 2 runs until i realized that 2 of my floormats were stuck under the gas pedal
[Mad]
and then went back up to 104s
Seems that 104 is my mph as of right now. i dunno if it's enough to get me in the 12s Ron was saying that he got into the 12s with 105 so we'll just have to wait and see.
Dons car pulls hard. i got him of the launch but he was gaining pretty fast on 3rd and 4th. luckily, for me, we ran out of track-while i flipped him off- [Razz]

[ January 08, 2007, 01:56 AM: Message edited by: Jmir018 ]

--------------------
=(

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sounds like you guys are doing great.

104 should get you into the 12.9X range with a 1.7X 60ft and some aggressive driving.

Mine went 13.08 @ 102.6 w/ 1.7x 60ft

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Hey Don,

Jersey is launching really well now, so the only way someone could do better is if he could shift faster or if he picked a better shift point.

Every mph is worth about a tenth and every tenth in the 60ft is worth about .15 in the 1/4. So, if he has you by almost .2 in the 60ft, that should be about .3 in the 1/4. If you are 1.5mph faster, that should take .15 away from his .3 lead. That still puts him .15 ahead if you both shifted the same. Are you finishing in 3rd? If so, then he has one more shift to do which will take away some of his advantage. Anyway, a good 60ft can make up for a big mph deficit. If you put gears in your car and ran some bias ply ET Streets so you could launch the hell out of it and get mid 1.7 60fts like Ron in his Mach, you would be in the mid 12's.

The last time I was out there I ran 11.90 with only 113 mph. This was with a 1.599 60ft.

Jersey, I have run a 12.99 NA in my car at 105mph, but I bogged it off the line and got a 1.85 60ft. The 3.55 gears were too tall for that much traction and that little of horsepower. 105mph is enough to hit the 12's since you have low gears and can get a 1.75 60ft.

Craig

--------------------
10.84 @ 128.5mph

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Craig, with the smaller tires I HAVE to shift to 4th well before the end of the track.

Edit: Remember, that was my only real run knowing what the tires could do. A 1.933 60 foot is NOT NEARLY the best I can get out of them. They have consistent 1.8's in them easy and that should equate to consistent high 12.8's.

[ January 08, 2007, 10:07 AM: Message edited by: hidnn.o.s. ]

--------------------

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:
Dons car pulls hard. i got him of the launch but he was gaining pretty fast on 3rd and 4th. luckily, for me, we ran out of track-while i flipped him off- [Razz]

This run was not accurate. It was the first time I had ran with these tires. Everyone was scaring me saying DO NOT shock drag radials, so I launched at 2,200 and it BOGGED/FELL ON ITS FACE! I ran a 2.4 60 foot time, AND THERE WAS NO TIRE SPIN AT ALL, IT WAS ALLLLL BOG. The next time out I launched at 3,500 and dropped the clutch and it still hooked and bogged to the tune of a 1.93 60 foot time. With the stock gears and lack of power I need to launch at 4k +.

Now I know [Wink]

--------------------

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com