Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » So how'd everyone do at Infineon today? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: So how'd everyone do at Infineon today?
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Tinner:
I went for the first time in the mach 1 and got a 13.4 @ 104.5 w/ a 2.2 60'. This was my first time in a stick car , I almost hit the wall going from 1st to 2nd [Eek!]

Hey, glad to hear you made it out there! I'll be going just about every Wednesday night so I'll see you out there maybe. Nice times for being a first timer in the car!!!!!!!!!

If there's anything I can help you with from RPM let me know!

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
quote:
Originally posted by twisted54:
quote:
Originally posted by 88DroptopGT:
You're welcome bro. Also make sure you aren't using teflon tape on the fittings if you are it could clog the solenoids. The fittings should be tight enough.

Seems like your pressure is good but something is delaying the flow somehow. Maybe loose connection on the solenoids as well.

Yeah there isn't any teflon tape on there either...it's all the teflon paste material. I'm gonna check out the solenoids too when I get home from work.
i'm having weird issues too. i finally used the 80 shot and nothing happened. i can't explain it. mph remained the same and my times were terrible.. mostly because of the terrible 60s ( 2.0.)
i got home. checked the wiring with the car off and the solenoids clicked.. then tried it with the car on. i disconnected the nx wire that goes to the plate and there was nx getting there.. and you could hear the car get the extra fuel. i can't explain it..
[Frown]
guess it's a good thing it didn't work.. cuase i forgot to flip my chip to the nx tune [Eek!] [Mad] [Frown]

I think I found my problem...the section of the TB linkage that has the spring on it was getting caught up on the braided lines going to the nozzle. So I think the problem was the WOT switch fully activating once I stepped on it and not a problem with the window switch or clogged lines, etc. I re-did lines and hopefully that'll take care of it.

-

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

03_100thGT
CAFords OG
Member # 5100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03_100thGT  Ford pictures for 03_100thGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i had a 13.057 at 102.57 mph with a 1.875 60ft.
i was in the blue lightning

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 03_100thGT:

Nice times for that heavy thing.

--------------------

Tinner
¯
Member # 2688

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tinner  Ford pictures for Tinner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
If there's anything I can help you with from RPM let me know!
Can they teach how to drive? I will hit you up, there are mods to come.

quote:

I was track side at the 1/8 mile on one of your runs and that truck sounds sick comming at you.

[ February 21, 2006, 10:21 PM: Message edited by: Tinner ]

--------------------
04 Comp. Orange mach 1
AED built
2.3 Whipple@17#s
605rwhp
580rwtq
10.71@131mph
now with a little more power it goes 135mph+ on 18" DRs

Posts: 835 | From: santa rosa | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
Blackicelsc
¯
Member # 4015

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blackicelsc  Ford pictures for Blackicelsc  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Our Dart struggled with "new slick" issues, as twisted(Tony) was witness to. 3 times!!!

but:
12.99 @ 104
12.90 @ 106
13.08 @ 104

traction was an issue...new slicks, trying to find the right psi to run and a starting line that varied almost 30 degrees all day.

The Camaro did well. went to the 1/4 finals in Super Pro... .493 red (ouch)

Tony...that car is amazing...had I not been plagued with tire issues all morning, I would have come hang out more.

I had to remove the L/R wheel twice to re-seal the bead screws, and the R/R once....it wasnt fun, but we didnt miss a single run.

You Mustang boys put on a great show...keep coming...the place loves ya for it!

I wont be there with the Dart on 3/1, but the 9 second Camaro will.

--------------------
94 black/black Mark VIII
97 LSC red/graphite Mark VIII
Vice President GGM8
Black Ice LSC

Posts: 63 | From: Santa Rosa, Ca. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Nice runs Craig...

That sucks that you had problems with your slick. Nothing worse then going all the way to the track and having issues.

Hopefully I'll see you over there again soon.

Tony

--------------------

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com