Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » May 4 grudge night at Sac (Sat. night) (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: May 4 grudge night at Sac (Sat. night)
jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
oh ok, i think i saw it, pretty clean paint right?
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Oh yeah...the car is really clean and built well.
Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by aslowdodge:
I didn't make it because of work. I would have gone anyway 2 hours late if at least to watch. I didn't hear from a viper buddy and decided not to risk the 90 minute drive if no one was there. Did you go? I saw the results posted on the viper forum. The Supra posted and admited his lose. Pretty cool guy, seem different than some of the supra guys I heard from.

Despite some of the slammn that the vipers and supras get, I thought they had great times
Anyway-stock viper w et streets: 11.967@116.56
Modified Supra: 12.039@ 116.56
w/o the et streets the viper would have lost I think. Also viper had better reaction time of .534 vs supra .687. Here the supra would have won if drivers were equal.

pretty good match up

They said they are going again in June, so this time I'm not setting any appointment for saturdays!

Thanks for posting the results. Looks like I 'guess'ed the MPH pretty much dead on. Even those the ET's were pretty much identical, the reaction time put the viper about 3 car lengths ahead. Was the supra an automatic? The ET to MPH ratio almost seems too good for true street tires. Did he have nitto's or road racing slicks on?

-Sawson [patriot]

aslowdodge
¯
Member # 854

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for aslowdodge  Ford pictures for aslowdodge    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
st5150

Not sure, but I think the Supra is a manual. I think it was street tires unless he changed his mind at the last minute and got some race tires. I would suspect that the supra was really picking up speed at the end of the run so if it had been a 1/3 mile could have been different results. This was supposed to be the last supra run before it gets modified more. sais something about 800 hp. We'll see.

--------------------
97 Viper GTS
Supercharged & a bit of juice
last dyno on 100 shot-770rwhp/908lb torque
tree stump pulling anyone?

Posts: 641 | From: pleasanton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
every supra owner I've ever talked to was *this close* to getting 800 whp, with just *one more mod*

(I'd like to see it if it's true though [Big Grin] ) [worship]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

aslowdodge
¯
Member # 854

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for aslowdodge  Ford pictures for aslowdodge    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
From what I've heard this guy is pretty cool and most people like him so I don't think he is a bullshiter. He just might be a bit optimistic.
I thought the creddo was " I 'm waiting for a few more parts and I'll be at 800hp"
There was a story a while back on the viper forum. There was a car show with a dyno contest-highest hp wins. A supra guy claimed he was going to turn 900 hp I think (can't remember the numbers exactly) Anyways, this viper owner with a DLM supercharger prepped car goes and at the last minute he gets talked into entering by his buddies. The supra only dynoed about 700hp and the viper was around 800+. Anyway the viper guy won $3,000 and the supra had some excuse about something not running right.
I'm sure there's 900hp supras out there-just very rare.

--------------------
97 Viper GTS
Supercharged & a bit of juice
last dyno on 100 shot-770rwhp/908lb torque
tree stump pulling anyone?

Posts: 641 | From: pleasanton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 3 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I heard through a friend who is friends with the supra guy in question that the supra had drag radials which makes the numbers more logical [Smile]
jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
on one of the runs the supra couldnt even do a burnout....it was revvin it up and dumping the clutch and got no spin......pretty sad.....but all good for the 60
THE COUG
¯
Member # 743

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for THE COUG  Ford pictures for THE COUG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn, there is enough people that want to see me and Scott (red vette) race, that if Scott and I were to sell tickets to the street race to get the directions of where and when we would make a killing..lol

--------------------
Racing on fly paper is for pussies

Red Vette
¯
Member # 870

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red Vette  Ford pictures for Red Vette    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by THE COUG:
Damn, there is enough people that want to see me and Scott (red vette) race, that if Scott and I were to sell tickets to the street race to get the directions of where and when we would make a killing..lol

WORD!!!! [Wink]
Posts: 442 | From: At the races | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com