Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » legalizing Weed (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: legalizing Weed
306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306Coupe  Ford pictures for 306Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Who is for it ans who is against it?

I am not a user of it but will support it for it's taxes and reduction on police resources targeting this drug

I thought the following were interesting suppporters of legalizing Marijuana:

-ACLU of Northern California
-United Food and Commercial Workers Union
-Communications Workers of America
-California Council of Churches
-Republican Liberty Caucus

Some against it:

-The California Bus Association
-Mothers Against Drunk Driving
-California Police Chiefs Association
-DARE America

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just like the end of prohibition turned the country around during the depression. I too believe legalizing weed will do the same now. I do not smoke, but hell legalize it and tax the hell out of it. This will also open up small business as well. As small shops can become the Samuel Adams of weed.

The arguments to not legalizing it is coming from medical marijuana folks, which I find strange as well.

theturbofrdguy
¯
Member # 10224

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for theturbofrdguy  Ford pictures for theturbofrdguy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Legalize it, tax the LIVING SHIT out of it, and balance the states budget.

--------------------
1985 SVO - T3/T4 .63AR turbo upgrade, Front Mount IC, CAI ect. SDS Standalone ECU and 55lb injectors soon + 28PSI of boost coming soon.

CobraChick
¯
Member # 9885

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobraChick  Ford pictures for CobraChick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
Just like the end of prohibition turned the country around during the depression. I too believe legalizing weed will do the same now. I do not smoke, but hell legalize it and tax the hell out of it. This will also open up small business as well. As small shops can become the Samuel Adams of weed.

The arguments to not legalizing it is coming from medical marijuana folks, which I find strange as well.

I think it's the owners of the medical marijuana shops that are against it cause they think if it's legal they wont be able to make as much money.

Me I'm for legalizing it

--------------------
Behind ever successful person is a pack of haters.

SantaClara_Cobra
¯
Member # 9488

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SantaClara_Cobra  Ford pictures for SantaClara_Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Heard theyre trying to pass some marajuana breathalizer shit

--------------------
18 Denali diesel
91 🦊

Captain Obvious
¯
Member # 7842

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Captain Obvious  Ford pictures for Captain Obvious    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
First let me say the BEST weed is grown at HOME...PERIOD!!! legalizing it will do nothing for taxes or that garbage from mexico being smuggled in, (the shit from mexico is pure garbage, who still buys that shit).

this ain't like gas, pills, cigs, coke, heroine or whatever got to have item you can think of. everybody including their momma will grow weed in there home. now how do you tax shit you can't account for?

--------------------
It's NOT illegal. It's just frowned upon, like masturbating on an airplane.

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I can see where small business COULD profit from this, but I think it's a bad idea. The number of DWI is going to skyrocket if this is passed IMO.
What about the fact that other states are gonna have to be worried about people comming here, buying pot and trying to smugle it across state lines?

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

CobraChick
¯
Member # 9885

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobraChick  Ford pictures for CobraChick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 68stanger:
First let me say the BEST weed is grown at HOME...PERIOD!!! legalizing it will do nothing for taxes or that garbage from mexico being smuggled in, (the shit from mexico is pure garbage, who still buys that shit).

this ain't like gas, pills, cigs, coke, heroine or whatever got to have item you can think of. everybody including their momma will grow weed in there home. now how do you tax shit you can't account for?

I think alot of people say they will grow their own but i doubt many will go through with it. It's not like it's easy growing a bunch of plants.... it takes alot of time and money growing plants, fertilizing, keeping garden bugs off or buying lamps if you do in door... it isn't as easy as planting it and your done... There are some people out there that would rather spend the money then put time into growing their own.

--------------------

POWERED BY FORD
¯
Member # 9204

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for POWERED BY FORD  Ford pictures for POWERED BY FORD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

yup they aint gonna get shit from it.all they are gonna say is thanks who ever legalized it but fuck yall we aint buying shit from yall haha. iono i think they are stupid that they can really tax it> maby if it was a product like beer were a company makes it but iono with weed
2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fuck legalizing it . if they do, taxes are still gonna be high so what's the point??this will only make peolpe dumber and slower and they will sell harder drugs ,addiction will become more of a problem but with harder drugs.I believe it will promote other drugs to come in..and that's not good

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
84SVOrick
¯
Member # 9039

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 84SVOrick  Ford pictures for 84SVOrick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Keep it illegal, if we legalize it alot of people will be out of a job. [Mad] nah byt at least i wont have to by any more memberships

--------------------
Bay Area Stunnaz
RIP Jeannera "FOXY302"
10/29/87-10/9/10
1984 SVO 302 HCI a basic bitch
1986 GT FOXY302 stolen and totaled R.I.P.

Posts: 1928 | From: Vallejo CA | Registered: Mar 2009  |  :
SLPR93
¯
Member # 8769

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLPR93  Ford pictures for SLPR93  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

PERMIT TO GROW IS A WAY TO TAX HOMEGROWN
gtowned
¯
Member # 8156

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gtowned  Ford pictures for gtowned    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im against it.And I also would like to add that most of the people in this thread should educate themselves on the subject before speaking out on it.

If it were to become legal the green triangle(mendo,humboldt,and trinity counties) would be in a state of depression. The little guy would not be able to become the "Sam Adams" of pot unless he/she owns a grow facility outside city limits,pays a huge up front fee to obtain growing licenses/permits,and be prepared to fall into a special income tax bracket.

Users will be affected by the simple fact that if it does pass prices are gonna drop hard.Some of you may ask why is this bad and whats gonna happen is the growers are gonna start caring less about their grow trying to just push out more product to meet the demand.Because of the demand and drop in value the average grower is gonna care less about quality and more about quantity.End result:shittier pot.

--------------------
Taking terminators off the road one at a time...

Posts: 1106 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jan 2008  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

They said that about alcohol too. WHy buy it when I can make it in my bath tub. Now look. With taxws come governing bodies over safety, integrity of product. Home growers will be fazed out for the most part. A capitalistic soceity is all about convenience. They will pay for others to do all the work to deliver a quality product. But what this will do is allow those with in-home operations that have the vision, to branch out and become those local growers that make it big. It is nothing but a win win for legalizing it.
gtowned
¯
Member # 8156

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gtowned  Ford pictures for gtowned    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If it does pass you will not be able to grow legally in city limits unless in a properly zoned area.It will be illegal to grow in residential areas.

--------------------
Taking terminators off the road one at a time...

Posts: 1106 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jan 2008  |  :
CobraChick
¯
Member # 9885

quote:
Originally posted by gtowned:
If it does pass you will not be able to grow legally in city limits unless in a properly zoned area.It will be illegal to grow in residential areas.

The people that can legally grow it now, grow it in residential areas. So why would that change?

--------------------

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by gtowned:
Im against it.And I also would like to add that most of the people in this thread should educate themselves on the subject before speaking out on it.

If it were to become legal the green triangle(mendo,humboldt,and trinity counties) would be in a state of depression. The little guy would not be able to become the "Sam Adams" of pot unless he/she owns a grow facility outside city limits,pays a huge up front fee to obtain growing licenses/permits,and be prepared to fall into a special income tax bracket.

Users will be affected by the simple fact that if it does pass prices are gonna drop hard.Some of you may ask why is this bad and whats gonna happen is the growers are gonna start caring less about their grow trying to just push out more product to meet the demand.Because of the demand and drop in value the average grower is gonna care less about quality and more about quantity.End result:shittier pot.

I disagree, they will have to adopt a better business model. There will be a clear delineation of what would be called good weed and bad weed, just like with alcohol. So some like Humboldt can still tout what makes them the best and adopt a new business model to support it. It is JUST like the end of prohibition. There is no difference. That whole we will no longer be able to keep up argument is a defeatist attitude and they would deserve the Darwin treatment for that.
Sydewayz_Stan
¯
Member # 10217

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sydewayz_Stan  Ford pictures for Sydewayz_Stan  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LEGALIZE!!!

--------------------
-90 Vert-SOLD
-91 Notch-SOLD
-2000 Explorer 5.0-SOLD
-72 Maverick-SOLD
-2004 GT, vortech V2 si, 10 psi-
-2002 F150 supercrew-

Posts: 3432 | From: 707 vallejo/richmond 510 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  :
510.86.notch
¯
Member # 9892

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 510.86.notch  Ford pictures for 510.86.notch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im against it.most of you that are for it dnt even smoke let alone use it for medinal purpose.so i thnk they should just leave it how it is.they tax the hell out of you already.most people dnt goto disenserys cuz of that already jus imagine wat it would be like if it was legal.$50 to $90 tax on 1 once is not kool even if it is cheaper/not as good quality.im happy where im at rite now thanks.

--------------------
91 mustang coupe
84 mustang svo
89 mustang.4cyl5speed.
87 thunderbird turbo coupe-sold
86 mustang GT hatch-sold-kinda
86 mustang coupe-sold

Posts: 1062 | From: san leandro | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by 510.86.notch:
im against it.most of you that are for it dnt even smoke let alone use it for medinal purpose.so i thnk they should just leave it how it is.they tax the hell out of you already.most people dnt goto disenserys cuz of that already jus imagine wat it would be like if it was legal.$50 to $90 tax on 1 once is not kool even if it is cheaper/not as good quality.im happy where im at rite now thanks.

We are in a recession/depression. This could bring us out of it. I take it you smoke and not grow. You do realize that even with the tax it will be cheaper than you get it now (more than likely). And you will not need a membership, doc note nor worry about being raided for having it.

I hope to see it legalized soon, this could be a historic moment. Hell I may go into business growing it...lol.

NCALSVT
¯
Member # 3205

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NCALSVT  Ford pictures for NCALSVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2TONE:
Fuck legalizing it . if they do, taxes are still gonna be high so what's the point??this will only make peolpe dumber and slower and they will sell harder drugs ,addiction will become more of a problem but with harder drugs.I believe it will promote other drugs to come in..and that's not good

X1 very well said
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Smokers and people who dont give a crap about it say legalize.

Drug dealers and jews say dont legalize it.

It was legal for thousands of years until the 1920s, hasnt made society a better place with it being illegal. Legalize and move on to something else that matters. And for smokers that say keep it illegal, shame on you! This is what you've been waiting for all your lives and now that its staring you right in the face and you say no? Sounds like a bunch of frustrated virgins with the poontang in their face and saying no.

SHOalex
¯
Member # 7720

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHOalex  Ford pictures for SHOalex    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2TONE:

What about other countries who are very lenient with their laws against marijuana for the most part those places are safer with lower rates of people addicted to harder drugs

A lot of people are very VERY misinformed on this matter from the looks of this thread now, I'm not super educated on it myself but I've seen alot of false ideas in these comments. I don't really care if it gets legalized cause I can't smoke anyways so fuck it hahaha.

--------------------
BAM! POW! Right in the kisser.

510cpskid
¯
Member # 8277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 510cpskid  Ford pictures for 510cpskid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its basically legal now and by legalizing it theirs going to be harsher laws for driving you want to get sobriety tested on the side of the road because the cop smells weed you fuck that keep it the way it is

--------------------
old set up
92 coupe 100 wet nx 410's mickey t's
new set up
?

theturbofrdguy
¯
Member # 10224

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for theturbofrdguy  Ford pictures for theturbofrdguy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 510cpskid:
its basically legal now and by legalizing it theirs going to be harsher laws for driving you want to get sobriety tested on the side of the road because the cop smells weed you fuck that keep it the way it is

Well dont smoke and drive. When, and i do say WHEN, they legalize it, they are going to do the same exact thing as booze. If your caught over a certain limit, your gonna get a DUI.

And they are already lookin into ways of testing for THC levels in the system. There is no technology currently for this that works like a brethalyzer, but there has been no need. Now that there is need, you bet your ass companies are looking into it.

People who say that the state wont make money off of it are also either A) just plain stupid and undereducated or B) a grower/drug dealer who doesnt want to lose business

The state gains in a number of ways on this one. You drastically reduce the number of state criminal cases involving weed. This free's up huge amount of money/resources. The cops are free to go around getting 'real' drugs off the street. Saves a ton of money in prosecution and enforcement.

Next you have the tax side of it. You bet your ass the majority of people would go to a store and buy weed like you do ciggarettes. BILLIONS of tax dollars right there.

I believe that they will also make it so you have to get a permit to grow at home over certain amounts (just like alcohol). This will generate revenue. If you are a grower now, you sure as hell would want to get in on the permit, so you would have zero fear of being raided, and continue to grown.

Its a win/win for the state no matter which way you cut it.

--------------------
1985 SVO - T3/T4 .63AR turbo upgrade, Front Mount IC, CAI ect. SDS Standalone ECU and 55lb injectors soon + 28PSI of boost coming soon.

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com